Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sad. Why are devs always the ones to kill their own game

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29

    Sad. Why are devs always the ones to kill their own game

    P(re).S. - This is not meant to just bash, I genuinely want the game to be good again.
    Been playing clash since it came out pretty much. I’m pretty much max 11, run a lvl 10 clan that always maxes clan games and has great War log. But Literally over the course of the last few weeks the clan has declined and many have gone inactive. Frankly I’m one of them, and I saw this coming as soon as the last update was dropped. Removing global was probably the worst thing that could’ve been done to this game. And there’s so many reasons why.

    1.) Global allowed any player to interact with any other player at any time. It brought the community together and imo was a huge reason this game has had so much longevity. Even if the game was getting stale, global never did. U could hop on as a maxed th12 and still have a good time cuz global always brought some random surprises and humor.
    Instead, now, u hop on, if u have nothing to do and no one is in your clan chat, you have nothing to do, you’re bored, and u get off. My clan, case in point.

    2.) Any casual player in a startup/low level clan trying to get sieges or high troops? Too bad I guess. Global was the solution, but not anymore. And by the way good luck growing the clan. The only way I grew my clan was by talking to some kind souls in global that were down to help grow a clan. I guess that’s a thing of the past too.

    3.) trophy pushing - wow am I glad I pushed legends a few months ago. Imagine sitting in clouds for 40 minutes with no one to talk to. Anyone in titan 1 rn, I feel bad for you. Good luck.

    4.) Probably the worst effect of all (somehow): recruiting. Quite a few people have left my clan since the update. Usually this would be fine, as I would hop in global, chat with some friendly good players and ultimately have them join the clan. Not anymore. And I’m not just saying this: I genuinely want to grind, restore my clan to its former glory. But I physically can’t. There’s no one to talk to, no one to recruit. All I have is this list of “suggested” players who I know nothing about, and are half the time either already in a clan or have a full inbox. And they had the audacity to say they came up with some “new improved” recruiting system.

    Ultimately this is the best mobile game of all time and it blows knowing that my desire to play it is literally deteriorating at the hands of the ones who made the game themselves. Global was imo the unique defining characteristic of this game that put it a step above any competition. The whole community was united, all different cultures, different styled players, different personalities always interacting and having a good time in global. To remove the entire experience because of a few scammers or toxic players makes zero sense, especially when there’s both a “mute” and a “report” button. Not to mention that global was optional to even look at in the first place. And to say there aren’t enough resources to keep up with maintaining it??? This is Supercell we are talking about. I know they can afford it ESPECIALLY with this fantastic new pass that’s been out the past few months. At the end of the day there’s no valid reason or benefit to removing global. <ruled out request redacted >

    Nvmd just found out that all threads about global are getting closed. Might as well stop all the people - the ones that play the game and give the money - from saying what will make them stay/play/give more money, right? Dev logic in 2019. SC was my last hope for companies that were smarter than that but I guess even they have fallen to the likes of Epic/Activision etc. It was a good ride boys/girls, thanks for the memories in global 0
    Last edited by Cowslips; November 16th, 2019 at 07:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Centennial Club Randamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by The1Viceroy View Post
    Imagine sitting in clouds for 40 minutes with no one to talk to. Anyone in titan 1 rn, I feel bad for you. Good luck.
    Hmm... Iím sitting around 4900 cups right now and my clouds are only about 5-10 seconds. But Iíll take that good luck anyway!

  3. #3
    Forum Elder IceBird1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by The1Viceroy View Post
    At the end of the day thereís no valid reason or benefit to removing global. I hope it gets brought back soon, or my desire (and Iím sure many other casualsí as well) to play will die along with it.
    Listed on ruled out ideas:
    Global Chat/The return of Global Chat for any purpose (e.g. recruitment)

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...POSTING-%2A%2A

    At this point I doubt SuperCell will reverse their decision with Global's removal.

    Unfortunately, it seems like there will be numbers of clans going inactive. So you can try to stick it out and hope the recruiting system gets a much needed update, try to find members by taking them from other clans, or use 3rd party things like the forum or other websites to find players to join.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Randamus View Post
    Hmm... I’m sitting around 4900 cups right now and my clouds are only about 5-10 seconds. But I’ll take that good luck anyway!
    Wow. You're a lucky person to not have to push back in the old days. It was much harder. Especially as a th10 lol
    Last edited by The1Viceroy; November 15th, 2019 at 02:37 AM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    Listed on ruled out ideas:
    Global Chat/The return of Global Chat for any purpose (e.g. recruitment)

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...POSTING-%2A%2A

    At this point I doubt SuperCell will reverse their decision with Global's removal.

    Unfortunately, it seems like there will be numbers of clans going inactive. So you can try to stick it out and hope the recruiting system gets a much needed update, try to find members by taking them from other clans, or use 3rd party things like the forum or other websites to find players to join.
    Sad to see. Funny because so man of those ruled out ideas are actually fantastic, I'm sure the community would love a lot of them. But who cares about the players right. Anyway thanks for the suggestions, hopefully we can weather the storm. If not, it was a good run I guess. Another fallen victim to the devs.

  6. #6
    Centennial Club Randamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by The1Viceroy View Post
    Wow. You're a lucky person to not have to push back in the old days. It was much harder. Especially as a th10 lol
    Oh Iíve done my fair share of cup pushing for years. I know what itís like to sit in clouds for 12+ hours and not get a base. Been there, done that, got the tshirt. The effectiveness of OBS has been outstanding since it has been implemented.

    Anyways, back to your original concerns. I know itís not ideal for you to recruit right now. I believe the CoC team is well aware of the issues and are working to improve recruiting in the hopefully not too distant future.

  7. #7
    I feel like all games run their course and this one has pretty much ran it course. They have took the social aspect out of the game as most people have clans where not all members are on at the same time. Even with the new TH13 and other upgrades I don't see it as a game changer for the " fun aspect" , it's also becoming very child like with the events that amount to not much of anything trying to keep people busy only. So it's a double edge sword, it helped me to stop spending any money on the game and to just load it and do a couple of attacks and leave and return in the evening to do the same. I use to think COC was the end all and beat all of all games and I have after a few weeks of searching found that it isn't, now and I am happily playing something else , with COC as a side game.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The1Viceroy View Post
    snip...
    At the end of the day there’s no valid reason or benefit to removing global. I hope it gets brought back soon, or my desire (and I’m sure many other casuals’ as well) to play will die along with it.
    There are the benefits and the reasons why global was removed :
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...7#post12390857

    Quote Originally Posted by The1Viceroy View Post
    I hope it gets brought back soon, or my desire (and I’m sure many other casuals’ as well) to play will die along with it.
    Are you threatening SC with your desire? That's just silly. Global is not coming back, move on.
    As for your concern on recruitment, it had also been mentioned they acknowledge the tool is far from perfect, there not much you can do other than rely on external media for recruitment and adapt to the improved version of the recruitment tool over the time.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Randamus View Post
    Oh Iíve done my fair share of cup pushing for years. I know what itís like to sit in clouds for 12+ hours and not get a base. Been there, done that, got the tshirt. The effectiveness of OBS has been outstanding since it has been implemented.

    Anyways, back to your original concerns. I know itís not ideal for you to recruit right now. I believe the CoC team is well aware of the issues and are working to improve recruiting in the hopefully not too distant future.
    Haha fair enough, always nice to see some OG pushers still around. But yes hopefully they can get this sorted out because I've been playing this game for probably about 5 years now and have never had more trouble finding motivation to play than I do now. Which is sad because I really do like this game.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDot View Post
    I feel like all games run their course and this one has pretty much ran it course. They have took the social aspect out of the game as most people have clans where not all members are on at the same time. Even with the new TH13 and other upgrades I don't see it as a game changer for the " fun aspect" , it's also becoming very child like with the events that amount to not much of anything trying to keep people busy only. So it's a double edge sword, it helped me to stop spending any money on the game and to just load it and do a couple of attacks and leave and return in the evening to do the same. I use to think COC was the end all and beat all of all games and I have after a few weeks of searching found that it isn't, now and I am happily playing something else , with COC as a side game.
    Well said. You might be right. It's just sad that the devs themselves always are the ones to determine the death of their own games. Hopefully they can turn things around before it's too late.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •