Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sad. Why are devs always the ones to kill their own game

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    There are the benefits and the reasons why global was removed :
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...7#post12390857

Are you threatening SC with your desire? That's just silly. Global is not coming back, move on.
    As for your concern on recruitment, it had also been mentioned they acknowledge the tool is far from perfect, there not much you can do other than rely on external media for recruitment and adapt to the improved version of the recruitment tool over the time.
    I don't feel like following that link so if you feel like laying out these nonexistent "benefits" to removing global I will gladly read them here. And No i'm not threatening SC, but I'm just giving my honest take, as a loyal, long-time fan and player of this game. I know I'm just one rando out there that won't have any effect. But as someone who has dedicated hours to the game over the past few years (built lvl 10 clan, pushed legends as a th10 a while ago, am a max 11 now), who has loved it the whole time, and has taken it pretty seriously, I definitely represent a minority of the most loyal players. And if this update can drive people like me away, imagine what it will do for casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by The1Viceroy View Post
    I don't feel like following that link so if you feel like laying out these nonexistent "benefits" to removing global I will gladly read them here.
    So you have been given the link to the answer and you don't want to even see it, so why post a thread in the first place?

And No i'm not threatening SC, but I'm just giving my honest take, as a loyal, long-time fan and player of this game. I know I'm just one rando out there that won't have any effect.
    Agreed.

But as someone who has dedicated hours to the game over the past few years (built lvl 10 clan, pushed legends as a th10 a while ago, am a max 11 now), who has loved it the whole time, and has taken it pretty seriously, I definitely represent a minority of the most loyal players. And if this update can drive people like me away, imagine what it will do for casuals.
    Wait, you are just one random guy that won't have any effect? You said so. If there is no effect even for long time players like you, I can't imagine the casuals have any effect on the game more than you.

Centennial Club
    Well, they've more or less admitted that the new recruitment tool has been an abject failure. Hopefully it will get better. For social interaction, there is always discord. They need to figure out a way to plug discord directly into the game ;-)

People say "one random person doesn't matter" but it does matter when a lot of "random people" feel the same way and stop playing less and less. So you can make out like someone doesn't matter but in the scheme of things they really do , regardless how you spin it . Especially for people like me that spent bi-weekly on a game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Wait, you are just one random guy that won't have any effect? You said so. If there is no effect even for long time players like you, I can't imagine the casuals have any effect on the game more than you.
    Let me make the connection for you since you don't seem to be getting my point.
    If I am a long time, loyal player of this game who has loved it for over 5 years, it is going to take a lot, something drastic, for me to abruptly turn and walk away from it. However long time, loyal players like myself are a far greater minority than casual randoms that hop on every once in a while to have fun. It would take far less to drive that demographic away. So if this update is bad enough to drive away players like me, how do you think that will resonate with a casual? Mind you, many casuals literally play the game FOR the global chat. Do you see where I'm getting at?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GherkinSavorus View Post
    Well, they've more or less admitted that the new recruitment tool has been an abject failure. Hopefully it will get better. For social interaction, there is always discord. They need to figure out a way to plug discord directly into the game ;-)
    True. But what really was the beauty of global was that it was in game. You could chat at literally any point you are ON the app. While in the clouds, while plotting an attack in war, while making a new base, etc. No ap can replace that.

Yes they can rule out the return of the global but the OP is right here, as so many other threads before. Playing only with your clanmates feels like you're stuck inside your little bubble and there is no escape. Taking out huge part of the social side doesn't fit well to a game where you still have 40 min+ training times for an army. Like others have mentioned, I rarely stay online between attacks anymore.

Luckily our clan is still doing well and we haven't experienced any decline after the update. We can't really recruit new players ourself but for the first time in many years we have opened the clan for join requests and that has given us some fresh faces. But even if my clan is still doing better than many others who genuinely suffered from the update, it's still killing the fun, being limited to clan chat only.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDot View Post
    People say "one random person doesn't matter" but it does matter when a lot of "random people" feel the same way and stop playing less and less. So you can make out like someone doesn't matter but in the scheme of things they really do , regardless how you spin it . Especially for people like me that spent bi-weekly on a game.
    Exactly my friend. Glad someone sees my point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SifaVision View Post
    Yes they can rule out the return of the global but the OP is right here, as so many other threads before. Playing only with your clanmates feels like you're stuck inside your little bubble and there is no escape. Taking out huge part of the social side doesn't fit well to a game where you still have 40 min+ training times for an army. Like others have mentioned, I rarely stay online between attacks anymore.

Luckily our clan is still doing well and we haven't experienced any decline after the update. We can't really recruit new players ourself but for the first time in many years we have opened the clan for join requests and that has given us some fresh faces. But even if my clan is still doing better than many others who genuinely suffered from the update, it's still killing the fun, being limited to clan chat only.
    Couldn't have said it better. Although my clan hasn't been as fortunate as yours

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    lol.If you are think that removal of global will drive casuals players away then you are wrong.
    As per SC,only a few percent of players used global so it won't affect the game much even if those who loved global left the game(which I doubt).
    Also even though a few percent of players used global a major part if resources were used in monitoring it.That resources can now be used well being of the game somewhere else.
    All in all,I think removal of global was a step taken in right directiion and the game will continue to prosper even without those tiny few people who are crying about global being removed.