Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 116

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: No global makes the game soo dull

  1. #21
    Jwp721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanaticclasher View Post
    we will see when revenue drops .. not if ....
    I think they will be ok.....

    Last edited by Jwp721; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:42 PM.




  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by The1Viceroy View Post
    Think we're all suffering the same feeling Crazy how it be the own developers of these games that cause them to die lol I used to think SC was good with supporting the community. I guess not.
    No, we aren't all suffering the same feeling. In fact very few are. Most players of this game never used global.

    And while there is no doubt that removal of global isn't a good thing for the game, it isn't nearly bad enough to cause it to die. And I understand why it had to go, and won't be coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I think so too Jerry. I used to enjoy talking with random strangers while waiting for my army. Now I just log out and go play something else for 30-45 mins.
    Agreed, the game is kinda boring now

    With the globals at least you can chat and vet people/players on player styles as well as scout players bases and talk about their army make-up and army strat.
    While no one misses the rubbish chatter that was always prevalent in the globals(troop and clan beggars and co demand players and gf seekers) at least they was some decent real-time convos that can be had with other players with same interests.

    One of the things I liked the best was when someone posted they were from so-n-so and that became a common interest between players or if someone said they were from the same area I am from.

    With no globals to vet that same geographical commonality the game is a lucky dip now when scouting for players.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:54 PM.

  4. #24
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    44
    I definitely have slowed down playing the game. I use to be online more then I'd like to admit. A very active player. But now I just come on to do war attacks. I don't even stick around and chat anymore because ive become so detached from the clan. I have moved on to another game I can be addicted to. And clash of clans has now become Second on my list. It's definitely not my #1 anymore. I'm also not buying the gold pass anymore because I dont spend enough time on the game to enjoy it or even do the tasks. Max th12 here.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No, we aren't all suffering the same feeling. In fact very few are. Most players of this game never used global.

    And while there is no doubt that removal of global isn't a good thing for the game, it isn't nearly bad enough to cause it to die. And I understand why it had to go, and won't be coming back.
    Why do you feel most people never used global? Is this including the millions of inactive low th bases or something?


    I was bouncing between 2 very strong all th12 clans on my max th12, had my other th12 in a decent level 19 th11+ clan, and was looking for a clan for my now th7 base (which was a nightmare and eventually gave up). Basically everyone I chatted with is disappointed by this, but I'm chatting with active players.

    And I'm not so sure that such a drastic measure isnt bad enough to cause the game to die. One of the great things about this game was the functionality of global, the ability to communicate, meet friends, swap bases and strategies, show off ur account, recruit and find clans that are a good fit. ALL that is gone now. It's not much more interactive than the solitaire game I play. And games like solitaire get boring fast.

  6. #26
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No, we aren't all suffering the same feeling. In fact very few are. Most players of this game never used global.

    And while there is no doubt that removal of global isn't a good thing for the game, it isn't nearly bad enough to cause it to die. And I understand why it had to go, and won't be coming back.
    I don't agree, maybe because you are just seeing one part of global wich is chatting, but if you know that clans were using global to recruite and that they can't recruite anymore with this awfull new tool, you will know that removing global is participating of killing the game.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    Why do you feel most people never used global? Is this including the millions of inactive low th bases or something?
    No, although those could have been included in Supercell's claim of less than 1%. I doubt that, but it is possible, though if it was less than 1% even if they did that, the percentage of active pkahers was quite sure to be less than 50%.

    An TBH, it is quite obvious from how low the number of people complaining here is. Compared to things like Builder Base, or removal of TH sniping, there have been far fewer people.

    Among the players I know, nobody uses global at all - which I know means nothing, any more than those saying everybody they know did.

    I was bouncing between 2 very strong all th12 clans on my max th12, had my other th12 in a decent level 19 th11+ clan, and was looking for a clan for my now th7 base (which was a nightmare and eventually gave up). Basically everyone I chatted with is disappointed by this, but I'm chatting with active players.

    And I'm not so sure that such a drastic measure isnt bad enough to cause the game to die. One of the great things about this game was the functionality of global, the ability to communicate, meet friends, swap bases and strategies, show off ur account, recruit and find clans that are a good fit. ALL that is gone now. It's not much more interactive than the solitaire game I play. And games like solitaire get boring fast.
    For those who used it a lot, yes it was one of the great things about the game.

    But I am quite sure that was a pretty small proportion of the active player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JustGreat View Post
    I don't agree, maybe because you are just seeing one part of global wich is chatting, but if you know that clans were using global to recruite and that they can't recruite anymore with this awfull new tool, you will know that removing global is participating of killing the game.
    I don't believe the majority of clans are actively recruiting at all.

    And of those who are, I find it hard to believe many actually got a decent number of good recruits from global.

    I know that still leaves q large number (even if not a lsrge proportion) for whom it was the main means of recruitment, but it is the poor recruitment tool that is the problem for them, not the removal of global in itself.

    But only Supercell will know whether activity has fallen and by how much. The rest of us can only really guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  9. #29
    Senior Member CraigA66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't believe the majority of clans are actively recruiting at all.

    And of those who are, I find it hard to believe many actually got a decent number of good recruits from global.

    I know that still leaves q large number (even if not a lsrge proportion) for whom it was the main means of recruitment, but it is the poor recruitment tool that is the problem for them, not the removal of global in itself.

    But only Supercell will know whether activity has fallen and by how much. The rest of us can only really guess.
    I think being a max 12 for a while now and mix with global going has significantly seen my activity drop in the game. I've not even opened it for 2 or 3 days now.

    I was a regular in global, generally just for chit chat and to see if there was any decent players around. Found quite a few in my time. Met loads of friends through that. So yeh I disagree with you here and I still am disappointed to see global go.

    One thing Supercell needs to address is keeping players online. Global was the first thing I turned to between attacks, I mean, I'm part of an active clan, where there's always a few online. But people don't always want to talk and I always headed to global. There's nothing keeping me online between attacks now, absolutely nothing. I fully understand the reasoning behind sunsetting global chat and understand its not coming back and I'm not complaining about it. I just think the game is missing something now. If I ever do log on, it's 1 attack then off for the rest of the day.

    Really hope town Hall 13 gets me back online and attacking again but at the minute I feel the game is gone for me.

  10. #30
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy84 View Post
    I definitely have slowed down playing the game. I use to be online more then I'd like to admit. A very active player. But now I just come on to do war attacks. I don't even stick around and chat anymore because ive become so detached from the clan. I have moved on to another game I can be addicted to. And clash of clans has now become Second on my list. It's definitely not my #1 anymore. I'm also not buying the gold pass anymore because I dont spend enough time on the game to enjoy it or even do the tasks. Max th12 here.
    Totally agree. Im exactly the same. Its become a different game and not sure I can face the likely 2 week upgrade times at th13.
    Last edited by muerte123; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •