Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: No global makes the game soo dull

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    to counter the argument that the game would die without global.
    As without TH-sniping. Or with the BH. Or after Bowler got nerfed. Healer got nerfed. Infernos lost their healblock...
    Wonder why SC does even try to tell ppl something? They will post, CoC will die because 'of XYZ' anyways.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #92
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    They never admit when they make a mistake.
    Wrong. Even here, they have admitted they made a big mistake with the recruitment tool.

They rarely reverse something.
    That is to be hoped. If they frequently reverse things, it means they are getting things wrong much too often.

This wasn't a decision that was made for the good of the game.
    True

It was a financial decision.
    A part of it (quite a small part I believe) was.

It has had a negative impact in the game regardless of how well they try to censor it here on the forums.
    Which we (and they) don't.

Threads get closed only when they are breaking forum rules.

The recruiting tool sucks but they keep playing that up.
    I am not aware of a single post after the first couple of days where they could possibly be said to be "playing that up". They know and accept that it is not working acceptably at all, and have said thety made a mistake with it.

But as with all bad updates we just keep going and eventually it get fixed somehow.
    Very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #93
    Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    Where is 5% coming from? You're just guessing. From the response here on the forums and in game conversations, it appears be a much more widely used feature than they are saying.
    Given you have been a member of the forums since August 2014, you should know better.

The outcry over this is way lower than several previous updates.

For the record, my main accounts were in clans that dont need to recruit, and they are still having conversations about wishing it was still there. I didnt mainly use global for that either, it has a lot of uses aside from that... meeting folks, bragging rights, discussing armies and strategies, swapping bases, etc..
    It seems that like m inded people will tend to come together (not surprising really).

So the people who used global a lot also know a lot of other people who did.

While those of us who didn't know hardly anybody who did. In my clan, I mentioned that global was being removed as part of the update, and got just one comment from anybody (which was "good riddance").
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
    The outcry is minimal?
    Absolutely.

Maybe because threads get shut down and topics are off limits.
    Absolutely not.

In my clan, members say almost every day that they miss global. Some don't care of course, but they didn't recruit and only logged on to attack in wars and raids. There is only a small amount of players who belong to this forum, and this isn't a representative sample, so I'd be careful drawing conclusions one way or the other.
    It absolutely isn't a representative sample.

It is almost always FAR more negative than any representative sample would be - which is a natural function of forums dedicated to products of a manufacturer. People are far more likely to join to make a complaint than they are to praisew. And then when people stay, they are always among the keenest players, the ones with the strongest interests.

So one thing you can be pretty certain of is that however negative the repsonse here, it will not be nearly as negative among the player base as a whole.
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    You know, when Global shut down, my clan died out. They said to me that the game is dyimg and I should join their motives. I didn't. In fact, I quit clan and found a new one that is way more active! Because of this update, it made my Clash experience more better than ever! But that's my 2 cents.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    They never admit when they make a mistake. They rarely reverse something. This wasn't a decision that was made for the good of the game. It was a financial decision. It has had a negative impact in the game regardless of how well they try to censor it here on the forums...
    Would you believe that a Clash of Clans developer publicly admitted that the game team made mistakes and what they did to correct them? It's on video and it happened in 2015 at a conference of developers. Here's an excerpt of my post about the event. Thank you again Jonas.

* After the game was released live, the team saw a major flaw in the original design because troops died after the camps were destroyed in raids. The team removed it because it was a huge road block to enjoying the game.

* The team envisioned the heroes as a longterm grind, but they were surprised as players zipped right through the upgrades. Jonas recalled seeing Youtube videos of Clashers playing with their feet and releasing their maxed heroes and still winning. The game balance was completely broken.

* The Hogrider and Valkyrie were duds and needed a lot of rework.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Clash-of-Clans

---
    Lynn
    November 17, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:24 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Would you believe that a Clash of Clans developer admitted their mistakes publicly and what they did to correct them? It's on video and it happened in 2015 at a conference of developers. Here's an excerpt of my post about the event. Thank you again Jonas.

* After the game was released live, the team saw a major flaw in the original design because troops died after the camps were destroyed in raids. The team removed it because it was a huge road block to enjoying the game.

* The team envisioned the heroes as a longterm grind, but they were surprised as players zipped right through the upgrades. Jonas recalled seeing Youtube videos of Clashers playing with their feet and releasing their maxed heroes and still winning. The game balance was completely broken.

* The Hogrider and Valkyrie were duds and needed a lot of rework.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Clash-of-Clans

---
    Lynn
    November 17, 2019
    Don't forget they added the 24h cooldown to FCs, as the community asked for it. If I recall correct, they did admit they didn't think about that and added the cooldown asap.

Reversal of the rule-of-5, after a day, as it caused great havoc as opposed to improve troop-pathing.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:25 PM.

Game devs logic: instead of introducing new/better security system, they just remove the thing completely..
    Last edited by GhostMiner; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostMiner View Post
    Game devs logic: instead of introducing new/better security system, they just remove the thing completely..
    Apologize in advance if I misunderstood your comment, but believe you are advocating developers should have built a better system to keep global instead of removing it.

But, do we want Supercell developing new/better security system to keep global for what may be the “few” who used it or use those resources to develop content? I miss global. I used it between attacks and found friends there, but I do not miss it to the point of complaining that it needs to return. The cost and risks outweighed the benefit. I for one am excited about th 13, excited at what is next for whatever they fix of the recruiting tool (it can only get better lol).

Stopped playing for a while, not because of removal of global but because I found other commitments 😏