Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please remove one day ban on edited bases for friendly challenge

Fresh Spawn

please remove one day ban on edited bases for friendly challenge

It would be nice, if the one day ban on edited or newly created bases would be removed for friendly challenges.

It is annoying to test out a newly created base with the clan mates if there is always a 24h ban on this base.
    After every change there is the same 24h ban.

I understand that this ban is importand for cw, cwl and maybe for Legend Legue but please, please not for friendly challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungdil View Post
    It would be nice, if the one day ban on edited or newly created bases would be removed for friendly challenges.

It is annoying to test out a newly created base with the clan mates if there is always a 24h ban on this base.

I understand that this ban is importand for cw, cwl and maybe for Legend Legue but please, please not for friendly challenges.
    The cooldown is in place so you can't copy opponent war bases, and practice on them until you can 3 star them. It needs to be put in place whenever you edit a base.

Main Account: Darkwind™ | Alt Account: DARDANIUS

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 14 - Gold I)

But for friendly challenge it does affect CW and CWL as well. That's the whole deal.

You say you understand why the cooldown is necessary, yet everything you said points to the opposite conclusion. The cooldown must always be in the game so that you cannot copy and sandbox an opponent's war base. Before you start with the "buts" and "what ifs" let's talk about the most common alternative solution to FC cooldowns and why it still won't work:

Alternative solution: cooldown doesn't apply as long as your clan isn't warring. Well here's the loophole: let's say you start a war and you're on the roster. Well you can't friendly challenge in your clan since you're in war, so instead you and your clanmates create a burner clan, hop over there and friendly challenge each other with no cooldown. You'd still be able to copy the enemy war bases and friendly challenge them over and over until you consistently 3 star them, then hop back to your real clan and do your war attack for easy 3 star attacks.

There's just no scenario where no cooldown will work. It has to be in place or else players WILL find a way around it to sandbox wars.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 60 | AQ 60 | GW 21 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    You say you understand why the cooldown is necessary, yet everything you said points to the opposite conclusion. The cooldown must always be in the game so that you cannot copy and sandbox an opponent's war base. Before you start with the "buts" and "what ifs" let's talk about the most common alternative solution to FC cooldowns and why it still won't work:

Alternative solution: cooldown doesn't apply as long as your clan isn't warring. Well here's the loophole: let's say you start a war and you're on the roster. Well you can't friendly challenge in your clan since you're in war, so instead you and your clanmates create a burner clan, hop over there and friendly challenge each other with no cooldown. You'd still be able to copy the enemy war bases and friendly challenge them over and over until you consistently 3 star them, then hop back to your real clan and do your war attack for easy 3 star attacks.

There's just no scenario where no cooldown will work. It has to be in place or else players WILL find a way around it to sandbox wars.
    I honestly never thought people take war so seriously that they would go to that much effort to cheat. I always wondered why there was a cool down on new bases I build for friendly challenges. Some people really need a life, lol
    Rebel Clan #UOL89UCG

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    I honestly never thought people take war so seriously that they would go to that much effort to cheat. I always wondered why there was a cool down on new bases I build for friendly challenges. Some people really need a life, lol
    Never underestimate the lengths that people will go to win. If there's a loophole or some way to exploit the system, you can bet that there will be scum bags who will take advantage of it and ruin it for everyone else
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:12 AM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 60 | AQ 60 | GW 21 |

Op. Im sorry to say that as nice as it would be to have the cool down removed for those of us that would utilize it correctly, we can't have it. As stated by previous players here it would be abused tremendously. Therefore it is a necessary evil so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    SC had to implement the cooldown for TH8 and below, after they found out ppl are copying parts of the base to check how they could funnel their queen for their TH12-attack.
    So yes, ppl WILL abuse such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    SC had to implement the cooldown for TH8 and below, after they found out ppl are copying parts of the base to check how they could funnel their queen for their TH12-attack.
    So yes, ppl WILL abuse such things.
    I was just getting ready to say that. When there was no cool down on th8's, people used to just copy portions of the bases in order to test which way a queen will walk or their troops will funnel. Tbh, I'm not sure if there's still no cool down on th8's or below, but I remember they started banning them from any clan that was in a league (I. E. Champions War League, etc) so then, like was said, people started making secret burner clans with alt accounts and testing in there. So yeah there is a very serious war scene that'll do just about anything to win.

Quote Originally Posted by juvi1624 View Post
    I was just getting ready to say that. When there was no cool down on th8's, people used to just copy portions of the bases in order to test which way a queen will walk or their troops will funnel. Tbh, I'm not sure if there's still no cool down on th8's or below, but I remember they started banning them from any clan that was in a league (I. E. Champions War League, etc) so then, like was said, people started making secret burner clans with alt accounts and testing in there. So yeah there is a very serious war scene that'll do just about anything to win.
    There is now, because of said observation. And maybe hindsight of the TH5-tournament that was happening quite a time later.