Thread: One attack

One attack

Just as in leagues, regular war should yield but 1 attack per base per war!

Quote Originally Posted by Familyof777777 View Post
    Just as in leagues, regular war should yield but 1 attack per base per war!
    Why do you want that change?

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

I will agree that "one and only one attack per player" is a truer indicator of team performance. With "two attacks" it becomes more of: "Upper 50% of roster versus upper 50% of roster". Half the team could be merely "bench warmers", never even attacking, yet the "team" still wins.

That said, CWL is a competative, ranked, League. Traditional wars are not, never have been. I equate them as "pickup games", as opposed to "League Play".

So the question as 2222 asked, I too would like to know, why? It indeed would change some war outcomes, and change rosters for those wars (no longer using "dead bases" as "bench warmers), but it would not transform Traditional Wars into a competative league.
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:52 PM.

Centennial Club
    I like the 2 attacks in regular war. So you can go in with a more risky strategy if you know there is someone who can clean up if you mess up the attack. It's good to improve your skill...
    TH12 (55/65/39) TH12 (51/52/20)
    TH10 (25/36/ -) TH9 (18/20/ -)

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZionWhiteRabbit View Post
    I like the 2 attacks in regular war. So you can go in with a more risky strategy if you know there is someone who can clean up if you mess up the attack. It's good to improve your skill...
    I agree.

In CWL I tend to lean towards attacks that will ensure the 2 star while still giving myself a chance at 3. In regular wars I can try attacks that might have a higher chance to 3 star while also having a higher chance to miss the 2 star. It's more fun to push the envelop as much as possible and regular wars with 2 attacks give more leeway to do that.

The other thing I want to mention is in CWL I have put my TH 10 and TH 9 mini accounts in the line up (no other better options). Our clan has 8 TH 12 acccounts, so these minis need to attack up a lot (going for 2 stars against TH 11s and TH 12s). So if regular wars went to 1 attack per person, we'd likely see even more of this. TH 10s attacking TH 12s with anti 3 bases for 2 starts to allow TH 11s and TH 12s dipping for triples. This might lead to some more interesting strategies (how many anti 3 bases do you use versus anti 2 (harder for TH 10s to 2 star, but easier for TH 12s to triple)), but overall I think it would lead to more safe dip attacks.