Thread: Clan League - joining restrictions

Clan League - joining restrictions

When I was playing clan League(CL) where my clan (I'm not owner of it) got to fight a clan which had 10+ of villages with TH of level 3 and 4, while my clan had all villages with at least TH5. I don't know how does the clan League choosing works, but I find it kind of unfair that TH3 & 4 can join CL, because it's free stars for the clan.
    My idea how to prevent this is that you can join clan League only with Town Hall level 5 or higher.
    This was no clan should be disadvantaged unless they left/don't play the game. (That happened to clan "Friends. Onl y 0-2 players attacked us)

Do you mean CWL or Clan War League? There are no restrictions, and the system doesn't match based on TH level - in fact, after the first time your clan enters, nothing is matched / weighted at all. The official stance is 'it is a ladder system and skill will determine your position on the ladder'....

And apparently any 'rules' only apply for Champs I where clans battle it out with complete TH12 lineups. Below that nothing is really done by SC to combat anything that many don't consider 'fair play'....

Banned
    Excuse me sir. Doesnt cwl specifically mean clan war league?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostMiner View Post
    When I was playing clan League(CL) where my clan (I'm not owner of it) got to fight a clan which had 10+ of villages with TH of level 3 and 4, while my clan had all villages with at least TH5. I don't know how does the clan League choosing works, but I find it kind of unfair that TH3 & 4 can join CL, because it's free stars for the clan.
    My idea how to prevent this is that you can join clan League only with Town Hall level 5 or higher.
    This was no clan should be disadvantaged unless they left/don't play the game. (That happened to clan "Friends. Onl y 0-2 players attacked us)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappySamuraiSama01 View Post
    Excuse me sir. Doesnt cwl specifically mean clan war league?
    CWL does, but there are several 'unofficial' types of leagues, and we can't know what you are referring to in your post with 'Clan League' which is in your original post ...

One of our clans was in Crystal II with only 2 TH12 in the lineup and about 4 TH11, rest is 10 and a few 9. We got clans against us with 10 TH12 and the rest TH11... We have stayed in that league three rounds, due to other clans doing everything they could to end at the lowest spot.... It's no fun 'up there' when our TH10 have to go against TH11 and sometimes even tH12 ...

For the CWL we need to 'throw out' any idea of the regular wars we do as a clan ... if we want to stay in the tier we are in, we try to play tactically and see if lower players can get 1 or 2 stars somewhere higher up so the rest can go lower ....

With the 'matchmaking' not being part of CWL, this is what we get and this is how it is. SC has made it very clear they have no intention of changing this mechanic. The only 'important' part for them is the link with ESL and the publicity/sales for the 'best' or at least the highest, being Champs I for this part of the game.

So I'd take the wins as long as you can get them and be prepared to be beaten up if/when you get promoted ...