Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH13 design leaked

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    He didn't do anything misleading. None of our content creators have access to the Dev Build yet. So they are guessing just as much as the rest of you. Galadon never said "here is the new TH!" He left it dark to show that he's speculating as well. That's not clickbait, that's just standard content creation.
    You call it “standard content creation”, I call it “clickbait”. I guess we have different definitions (just like the term “soon”).

He didn't do anything misleading. None of our content creators have access to the Dev Build yet. So they are guessing just as much as the rest of you. Galadon never said "here is the new TH!" He left it dark to show that he's speculating as well. That's not clickbait, that's just standard content creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    As Guns n Roses once said..

"What we got here is failure to communicate"

Technically not Guns N Roses... it’s a clip of the actor Strother Martin from the movie “Cool Hand Luke”.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:28 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie666 View Post
    You call it “standard content creation”, I call it “clickbait”. I guess we have different definitions (just like the term “soon”).
    soon lol omg soon..... peoples definition of soon greatly varies. if I was to tell my kids the trip to Disneyland is soon and then not take them for a month there would be a mutiny in my home

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bystander1975 View Post
    soon lol omg soon..... peoples definition of soon greatly varies. if I was to tell my kids the trip to Disneyland is soon and then not take them for a month there would be a mutiny in my home
    I’ve learned SCs definition of “soon” can be anywhere from 2 days to 2 years.

Centennial Club
    This is one of the funniest and most exasperating threads I think I have read. I feel for you Darian.

I have no desire to inject any wit. Just accept that an update is coming. Maybe go watch the video a few dozen times....then speculate some more. Rinse, Repeat.

I'll clarify for non-native English speakers.

I said, "That's a video from a year ago. We hadn't even started on this update yet. That entire video is pure clickbait."

This means that when that clickbait video was released a year ago, at that point in time we were still working on the Season Challenges update and had not begun working on this current December update.

If I said, "That's a video from a year ago. We haven't even started on this update yet. That entire video is pure clickbait," that would mean something entirely different.

The past tense of the first sentence meant I was referring to a point in time a year ago. The present tense of the second, rephrased sentence would mean that we still have not started on the update yet. But I didn't say "haven't". I said, "hadn't".

Does that make a bit more sense?
    So did they explain clearly in your Job Duties you would be teaching grammar? If you live in Ontario maybe the Teachers Union will let you join......they have an AMAZING pension not to mention all the other benefits

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by carmour987 View Post
    So did they explain clearly in your Job Duties you would be teaching grammar? If you live in Ontario maybe the Teachers Union will let you join......they have an AMAZING pension not to mention all the other benefits
    I've been teaching since 1988. It's one of the aspects of community management I enjoy; trying to find ways to explain things in as clear a manner as possible. Sometimes it works, sometimes...not so much.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    Who said anything about th13?
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    This guy Kannukanhashubhang.
    I am talking about the video about the new th OP posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    As Guns n Roses once said..

"What we got here is failure to communicate"

Strother Martin in Cool hand Luke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=452XjnaHr1A
    Last edited by Crusher0029; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie666 View Post
    Okay, as much as Galadon actually clickbaits, I think it really isn't his fault here. He is doing a series of maxing every TH level including TH13 when it comes out. He is still in the dark like every one of us. He uses a silhouette of a fan made TH and that's it. If he doesn't, what do you expect him to represent the new TH? Straight up a cube? Like at least having a TH shape make more sense for the series even if it IS clickbait.

Also if he completely uses a black silhouette instead, it will raise even more confusion of whether he actually leaked the design or not and may need Supercell to intervene. Now compare to the obviously fake image that he used, if people that have listened to Supercell interview like the fact Giga Tesla will not be replaced by other weapons, it already made the TH in the thumbnail impossible; Reusing part of TH 11 to have less needed to be manually made-up because it may not fit the game's aesthetic is another red flag as well. People can still be misinformed thinking it is real and that's the downside of clickbaiting like this. As a fan of Galadon and have the ability to dispel these kinda of misinformation, I kinda feels responsible to make people know what's actually happening.

P.S. I really liked the decision from Supercell not giving the content creators early access of TH13 before even hint and teaser appears. Maybe I remember wrong and it has happened already but Galadon made a big deal about not having early access yet so I will trust him. In before after the first big update hint/teaser dropped content creators can't really speculate at all because they already have the early access and may risk(or intentionally) leaking details. This time they can freely dig out details from the teaser trailer and Galadon dig up so much that he noted some of them might as well be red-herring like the whole Opera thing. You can see he actually did a lot of research and have a lot of rational speculations from observations(like the curves on the new hero may suggest the sex of the new hero), that's why I love him compare to other Clash-tubers.