Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Advice Needed on Gold pass upgrade strategy

Banned

Advice Needed on Gold pass upgrade strategy

I might indulge in buying gold pass for few months least when update cms out.

I never used it, so I was thinking how you guys approach it. At start you get only less tasks, so initial set of tasks opens up how many perks? The tasks are unlocked once a week, that time period is huge to miss out on further perks like 10% becms 20%

So do you guys use the 10 gem thingy to get it fast? if yes, how many 10 gems usually is spent to get to those % perks in first week as well.

Please do not flame me >_< I tried searching for such a thread, did not find any, I was wondering how best can I use the gold pass, honestly, cant afford many and hence want to make best use of some when I buy.

P.s. Wish we cud get book of everything as well, I know its rare but its <3

You can get to 2450-2500 before the end of 2nd week, which means you should already get all the perks. If you want to use any gems, I guess you need to use it after the 2nd week of challenges are released, that way you may save some gems and also be benefited one week ahead for the perks. But honestly 2 weeks of wait isn't long anyway, and the perks difference is inconsequential to the cost of the gems, which should be 100 gems instead of 10 gems?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    You can get to 2450-2500 before the end of 2nd week, which means you should already get all the perks. If you want to use any gems, I guess you need to use it after the 2nd week of challenges are released, that way you may save some gems and also be benefited one week ahead for the perks. But honestly 2 weeks of wait isn't long anyway, and the perks difference is inconsequential to the cost of the gems, which should be 100 gems instead of 10 gems?
    End of 2 week is like 14 days, if im doing lot of boosts and farming those 10% incremental will make a difference, given that i will not be a regular subscriber, sorry, buyer :-P

I don't know about 10 gem thing. But I have seen 100 gems to reach the next rewards without getting points from challenges. In the first week, you can reach half of the total points, i.e., 1300 or maybe more if you complete daily challenges too and can unlock all 15% perks (not sure). But for me, I never use 100 gems and do a regular thing without looking at task because some tasks automatically get completed and give you points. I was F2P too till the gold pass was released. And since I have been buying them every month.

Banned
    Oh its 100 gems per skip! OMG, i thought 10 gem each for every skip

Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueClasher View Post
    End of 2 week is like 14 days, if im doing lot of boosts and farming those 10% incremental will make a difference, given that i will not be a regular subscriber, sorry, buyer :-P
    I didn't say it didn't make a difference. I said the difference is inconsequential to the cost of the gems, which is 100 gems per next rewards, that's too expensive to give you any benefit. With the amount of gems need to spend, you might as well buy some potions or books from the Trader, that will give you better benefit.

Now that I checked it, you get Builder Boost 10% at 120 points, 15% at 820 points and 20% at 1,500 points.
    You get the 10% on the first day, then 15% on the 2nd-3rd day. While you can get the 20% on the 8th day of the season. Now 8 days is even lesser then the 14th day I said, it means you get less benefits if you spend those gems away.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; November 21st, 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I didn't say it didn't make a difference. I said the difference is inconsequential to the cost of the gems, which is 100 gems per next rewards, that's too expensive to give you any benefit.

Now that I checked it, you get Builder Boost 10% at 120 points, 15% at 820 points and 20% at 1,500 points.
    You get the 10% on the first day, then 15% on the 2nd-3rd day. While you can get the 20% on the 8th day of the season. Now 8 days is even lesser then the 14th day I said, it means you get less benefits if you spend those gems away.
    Sorry my bad, i was under the impression that the skip is 10 gems,
    100 gems after paying moeny is steep, no?

No one from SC read this. Ok, now that we are sure no one is looking: the challenges are all so easy to complete I don't even look at them. It all happens fast without paying attention. I don't use any gems to skip ahead. It is extremely easy.
    Last edited by 2222; November 21st, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    In my own player opinion paying gems to skip ahead on the progression line in seasonal challenges is not worth it at all.
    Active players can often finish the whole line on day 15 in the month and have the rest of the month to enjoy the full perks.

You can usually unlock the first steps of the perks quite fast. In my book a 10% building or research boost is much better then leaving the builders or lab idle for days or weeks waiting for the new perk level to be reached.

People who are generally all about anxiously maximizing the use of their perks often donít look beyond the date of the end of the month when a pass ends. IF you employ builders or your lab on a project the very last day of the month then you still get to benefit from that perk until the builder or lab is finished which wonít be until quite some time into the new month especially at high TH levels. Even with max perks things still last 10 days for 2 week upgrades so you could be around the 10th of the next month until your lab and some builders need a new project by which time you could easily have unlocked half the perks again.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Banned
    Thanks... It's 100 gems per skip right?