Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unpopular opinion...BB is mainly based on luck not "skill"

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    You are comparing 6 different opponents that attacked you yesterday against 5 different players that attacked you today. It's not going to yield the same results. If the 5 attacks yesterday and 6 attacks today were done by the same person, with the same strategy, with the same angle of attack, with the same deployment method, and the results vary between 1 star and 2 stars high percentage, then you are right about no consistency in this game. But that wasn't the case. I don't buy it when players that consistently stay in high trophy range for number of seasons are depending on luck, that's just bad logic.
    The good old "you don't have enough data to make your claim feasible". Yet I was just giving an example of this phenomenon, am I supposed to go back what 1000 games? Yet what I've tried to give an example of ALWAYS happens. That's exactly what I am saying, I got LUCKY where it's not the same opponent and one day my opponents could barely one star my base while the next opponents at a lower trophy range all got a high 2 star.

Bottom line is there is no publicly available website that posts all the game data like they have in clash Royale....but read the original post. Am I the only person this happens too....not a chance!

Check out Reddit for many replays on the consistency of play and how the AI just randomly bugs out, and these are just replays posted. Imagine the rest that aren't shown.

Players who consistently get on the leaderboard (again read my post above). I specifically say after a certain point yes skill plays a bigger part with different methods of attacks etc... But "luck" (AI, RNG factor) takes a bigger role for the rest of us average Joe's.

Fresh Spawn
    Happy after reading this thread. I thought all the players higher than me in the rankings were better players. Now I know they are just more lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahchine View Post
    snip....
    Players who consistently get on the leaderboard (again read my post above). I specifically say after a certain point yes skill plays a bigger part with different methods of attacks etc... But "luck" (AI, RNG factor) takes a bigger role for the rest of us average Joe's.
    That's just excuse.
    While I agree luck is a factor, but that isn't a huge factor in the long term. You may casually drop 200 or rise 200 trophies in a day, but that isn't going to happen for a full season. So when you say luck is a big factor in the long term, that just excuse in the game where you are not good with.

If your comment was more about average Joe's, so let me ask you, how much time do average Joe's spent in this side of the game to try be good at it? Do average Joe's spend time to learn the AI, get used to the AI, learn new attack strategy, design his own base design and traps, watch all the attack and defense replays, friendly challenge with friends, watch strategy videos, just so that he could improve his skill and climb in leader board consistently?

The point is, you acknowledge that after a certain point skill plays a bigger part. But you didn't understand that to get that "skill" you need to do more than what average Joe's are doing, and that's not everyone can do to climb. Stating luck is the bigger factor is just an excuse for the average Joe's.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    That's just excuse.
    While I agree luck is a factor, but that isn't a huge factor in the long term. You may casually drop 200 or rise 200 trophies in a day, but that isn't going to happen for a full season. So when you say luck is a big factor in the long term, that just excuse in the game where you are not good with.

If your comment was more about average Joe's, so let me ask you, how much time do average Joe's spent in this side of the game to try be good at it? Do average Joe's spend time to learn the AI, get used to the AI, learn new attack strategy, design his own base design and traps, watch all the attack and defense replays, friendly challenge with friends, watch strategy videos, just so that he could improve his skill and climb in leader board consistently?

The point is, you acknowledge that after a certain point skill plays a bigger part. But you didn't understand that to get that "skill" you need to do more than what average Joe's are doing, and that's not everyone can do to climb. Stating luck is the bigger factor is just an excuse for the average Joe's.

LOL you just repeated what I've said multiple times that I don't dispute about top players. Again read the original post

LOL you just repeated what I've said multiple times that I don't dispute about top players. Again read the original post
    And what is the real point tou are trying to make? It's no different than on main village. Maxing troops and base can only take you so far. Spam and prayers that dont understand why they get, 1 2 or rarely 3 stars just quick dropping and hoping. Or farming in low leagues and bombing in wars. Luck plays a big part for the casual because they have no skill. So what?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Disagree, I don't meant only for top players, but across all trophy levels. To reach that highest leader board you have to go through all trophy level, meaning skill still plays an important factor more than some luck that you can only rely for a day or two in a full season (you can't rely on luck all season long to pass through say 4000-5000 trophy level to reach 5500 trophy level.

My main argument here is there is no differential in skill until you reach the top of the leaderboards. It's just all "luck" (assuming you are a competent attacker most of the time, which most people are). An individual with 5000 is no better than someone who is at 5500 per say, it's a matter of did they get a lucky matchup to get them there. Unless you are on the top of the leaderboards there really is no differentiation in player skill in this game type. Did you get lucky today?
    Again, while I agree luck do play a part in 1 or 2 days, but it won't get you far in the long term. In the long term skills is just what you need to climb. So for your main argument "there is no differential in skill until you reach the top of the leader boards. It's just all "luck", disagree as explained above, you need to pass through some trophy levels before you reach the top, meaning there is a differential in skills before players reach the top of the leader boards.

"An individual with 5000 is no better than someone who is at 5500 per say, it's a matter of did they get a lucky matchup to get them there." Disagree again, it might be true in a versus battle that player A at 5500 might lose to player B at 5000 trophies, but that doesn't mean it is a matter of lucky match ups to get them there. Remember leader boards is not to show a player is better than another player (player B might be better than player A), leader board is to show how good you match up to all the players in a period of time (but player B not doing any better than player A against many other players in a season).