Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you believe is a good "minimum" for goods on hand?

New Bloke/Chick
    I have a barn size of 3500.
    I aim for 12 of production goods (salads, sandwiches, lobster skewers, ice creams, etc)
    About 20 of goods needed to make production goods (lemon curd, bread, cornbread, salsa, etc)
    About 40 of each dairy and sugar product.
    About 60-80 raw products like milk, eggs, bacon, and also pickaxes
    Some things I'll keep less, like maybe 8 of hats, bouquets, tofu dogs
    I keep one set of feed premade, so 15 cow and pig feed, etc.
    These humble numbers (plus saving for expansions) keep my barn full mostly. I like it full, as I play derby solo, and I'm a stacker

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    Just trolling:
    Buligo, the barn product counts are impressive. Just wondering, how long does it take to accumulate almost 500 sugar, 386 cheese and fish, etc. I canít seem to manage to keep 50 sugar for a week. I keep my machines running nonstop and spend a good bit of time in DD and friends RSS, but this is mind boggling IMHO. Kudos...it is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vever View Post
    ...I only have 8 total nectar bushes. When all 8 are empty I cut down 4, and the other 4 are helps.

Trees I have double at 16, but each set of 4 is at a different stage of growth. Whenever I harvest them all, I cut down 4, have 4 that are helps, and 8 to just harvest, then of course I replace the 4 I cut down, so there are always 16 on rotation.
    I used to harvest these every day, and sell off any excess, but most of the time now I only harvest them every other day or so, whenever I'm in need, and do not necessarily do all of them. For example, today I might harvest and cut down 4 cherry trees, but not touch the other 12. I'll get 16 cherries from those 4 trees. Sometimes I use them quickly, sometimes I don't. When they're gone, and I'm forced to harvest remaining 12, that's when I'll buy the 4 replacements...
    This is funny because until a few months ago I also had 8 nectar bushes and did exactly the same (then a spot of land became available and I planted 4 more so now I have 6 finished/6 help ones)

My trees are mostly in groups of 3. The only ones I do the 4 stages with exactly as you decribed are the olives. The rest is a mess I like my farm to look 'wild'. Trees and bushes where ever there is space I only harvest them when I need some, usually I only have 5 - 10 of any tree and bush crops stored in my silo
    Last edited by OutOfIdeas; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:02 PM.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    ...I used to feel like I was wearing no clothes when I posted pics like this, but it does not bother me anymore.
    I'd like to think that our attitudes have evolved and we're more tolerant of other styles of play.

BTW, except for EMs, UMs, axes, and saws, I try not to store more than ten of any item in my barn.

I know, I know. It's one of my many idiosyncrasies.

---
    Lynn
    November 14, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:12 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Barn/ silo are 3600 farm 101/ town 39. I keep what I need to keep townies feed. Cakes, pies, 5 each. Sandwiches/ salads 6. There are a lot of items at 6. But some items are more. Axes, 100/ saws, 100 and in between. That said, my inventory is fairly easy to keep. I do not do boats, or trucks. I do the town, and derby. I feed people, then I go through my machines bringing my inventory back to what I want.I rarely have Townies waiting on food. If I did boats my inventory levels would have to be reconfigured. So it changes for different people depending on what they like to do.
    Last edited by Dogdogchicken; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeaveninTN View Post
    Buligo, the barn product counts are impressive. Just wondering, how long does it take to accumulate almost 500 sugar, 386 cheese and fish, etc. I can’t seem to manage to keep 50 sugar for a week. I keep my machines running nonstop and spend a good bit of time in DD and friends RSS, but this is mind boggling IMHO. Kudos...it is very impressive.
    Keep in mind some players love to play on multiple farms. The rules get stretched a bit then.

Keep in mind some players love to play on multiple farms. The rules get stretched a bit then.
    I love reading everyone's strategies, but this comment might actually change my mind that "10 is enough".
    In reality, I do have 2 farms, and therefore I do have access to more than 10 of most things. On the baby farm, I keep it at a limit of 8 for most items (more for sugars and dairy), and the main farm being at 10, means I have between 18 and 20 of any given item.

This week though I purposely let things get into the 20's on the main farm, just to see what that's like, and I noticed that the more of them I have, the more of them I seem to want to hoard. My barn has been full off and on, and I struggle to part with the 10 burgers I don't need (just an example).

To me it's proof that the psychology behind, "what's in your barn?" goes a lot deeper than "just sell some stuff".
    I apologize for making it seem simple! and I appreciate everyone's responses!

I find it all very fascinating!

New Bloke/Chick
    Iím a diehard tenner with just one farm and have found no need for any more product. Iím level 181 with a 9950 barn and silo and collect for both upgrades simultaneously. I derby every week, play the valley, feed my town almost in its entirety with lots of pick ups, do about 75% of boats with as few help requests flagged as possible, do trucks only for events and tasks and obviously help my nh in general plus outside boats. I donít even look at helping trucks or town requests, inside or out of my nh.

Iíd say 75% of the products I keep just 10 of with a couple exceptions - 20 roasted tomatoes and mayos plus all feather items come to mind. 3 machines are entirely 20 - pasta maker, candy Ďcause lollipops can muck things up (I use tom for chocolate and jelly beans) and now ice cream since thatís a crazy machine to keep up with. Jam and juice machines are at 50 along with bread, plain popcorn, olive oil and soy sauce. Sugar and dairy machines plus cotton fabric and honey are at 100. I donít have set pars for anything in the fishing area but 20 is about what I like for everything there. I hate fishing so I visit the area based on need, not pars. Wool and goat milk are at 20, milk 30, bacon 60. For feed I keep enough for 3 rounds of everything except chicken feed cause I donít like feeding chickens. I like 200 each axes and saws and plant loads of raspberry bushes on the side land when axes get out of hand.

Iíd say the only items that I would consider upping are cornbread and hamburgers, maybe wooly hats too, but havenít and probably wonít. I sell everything over my par amounts, rarely buy anything in the paper except eggs, donít trade outside my nh and my barn is never so packed that I canít save for both silo and barn upgrades at the same time. This was also true when I needed to save tems for town upgrades. Lems are only saved if Iím close on permits. So yeah, Iím a devoted tenner haha.
    Last edited by indyalways; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:21 PM.

Depends on several factors like gameplay style, trading or not trading, barn capacity etc. With my barn capacity of 15000 (lvl 86)i really don't need to worry about optimal amounts stored.
    My main concern is the trash that is accumulating in my barn. I tend to chuck stuff down my barn hallway and promptly forget about it. Mutated packrat behavior.
    It feels like some bicycle 24-gearbox: there is always a higher and a lower gear no matter what gear you are on.
    To better answer your question, when i had a much smaller barn, (4000) i decided that my optimal stored amount was 7 each item, a few more for "slow" items, a few less for easily found items in the paper. Worked very good if only playing town and the occasional "fat" truck request, but insufficient for the regular boat requests (which i dont do except the puzzle boats)
    You’re level 86 with a 15000 barn? Are angels giving you BEM’s or what? xD

OT: I kept 8 of every product except the eggs sugars butter bread etc. Now I hold 10 of each and whenever my barn space allows it, I will move up to 12, 15, 20 etc. But I do have to note that I keep a few hundred saws and axes on my second farm.
    Last edited by Westbridge; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbridge View Post
    You’re level 86 with a 15000 barn? Are angels giving you BEM’s or what? xD

OT: I kept 8 of every product except the eggs sugars butter bread etc. Now I hold 10 of each and whenever my barn space allows it, I will move up to 12, 15, 20 etc. But I do have to note that I keep a few hundred saws and axes on my second farm.
    I love to trade, so i try to keep all my machines on, especially ones that produce "tradeable goods" like lemon curd, olive dip, oil, mayo, toffee, lobster traps, dairy products etc. Gives me fun, xp and a bunch EMs in the end.