Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you believe is a good "minimum" for goods on hand?

A few questions I use to ask myself in order to determine my balance:

- why do I need so many of this item? where can I use it (boat/ town/ truck order)?
    - how much will the boat/town/truck could ask for? --> refer to my boat expertise + estimator
    - once used in boat, how quickly I can build up the same stock ?
    - is this a buy or make item? (can be bought easily or have to make them)
    - how long does it take to make one ? (to balance out with other products from the same machine)
    - if going for coin or xp, is this product worth either of those? --> I have the data for comparison

Products in Hay Day can be divided into 3 groups: raw ingredient, intermediate goods (used for other products) and finished goods.

The result of these question for me is I keep:
    - about 20 to 30 of finished good
    - more than that for intermediate goods
    - way much more for raw ingredients that keep being used anyway
    - about 130- 150 of any crops, especially the one taking a long time to plant
    - plenty of trees + bushes waiting for harvest

Out of boredom I'll go fill random boat crate in the newspaper and stock up again.
    For some number: once all products unlocked, boat has a choice to ask for 3 out of 238 products. It gives time to build up supply once a boat is done.

My game priorities:
    - boat + other's boat (quite proud to be able to fill most boat instantly , except sugar, dairy and some jam)
    - truck order with high XP
    - very litle town (1 building only), usually gift shop and beach café
    - no derby
    - stacked machine (50 to 59 extra spaces per machine)
    - waiting for lv 140 to have fun with the Helper's extra strage (140 each).
    Last edited by meonhoc; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:37 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Maggie StyleBook: 47/60 parts | 9/21 styles and counting

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 139♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Each has its own approach to filling the barn.
    I am trying to fill a barn with 15 products of each kind.

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    lol, not impressive to many I used to feel like I was wearing no clothes when I posted pics like this, but it does not bother me anymore.

other peoples barn contents blow my mind!

btw... here is the basement of my barn

Those zero counts is what blows my mind. How are you able to play the game?
    Town orders, truck orders and especially farm visitors are good about wanting items that have zero count.
    Do you do specific items like that so that you can bring them in from a secondary farm when an order requires it?

Troll Food
    Barn (6950): At least 15 of everything. I try to keep 100 of each dairy and sugar product, 100 cotton fabric, 50 bread, 40 carrot juices, +50 popcorns. Usually have 50-100 lobsters and feathers. As many animal products as I can, 300 maybe being the limit for milk, less for others.

I use Tom every now and then (once a month?) if I need plankets, jelly beans, lemon cakes or diamond rings. I usually never produce them by myself. Sometimes I order honey popcorns and honey apple cake too.

My bottlenecks are honey and diary products. Baby farm helped with jellies, juices, soy sauces and chocolate.

I allways try to trade my BEMs/SEMs. I keep some 30 of each TEM if my hoodies need them. I usually start selling axes when reaching 300.

Silo (6650): 300 of wheat, corn, carrot and soybeans. 150-200 of the rest. Maybe less pumpinks and indigos (can be found from DD).

Sometimes I stack for derbies so I might need to survive few days even with some machines "locked".

Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Barn (6950): At least 15 of everything. I try to keep 100 of each dairy and sugar product, 100 cotton fabric, 50 bread, 40 carrot juices, +50 popcorns. Usually have 50-100 lobsters and feathers. As many animal products as I can, 300 maybe being the limit for milk, less for others...
    I believe that with such an expanded barn, you have an excellent strategy for filling it.

Just trolling:

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Those zero counts is what blows my mind. How are you able to play the game?
    Town orders, truck orders and especially farm visitors are good about wanting items that have zero count.
    Do you do specific items like that so that you can bring them in from a secondary farm when an order requires it?
    I don’t do trucks or farm visitors, some are easy to find and sometimes I forget about what’s missing. I manage otherwise.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    The next thing I have lots (more than 120 each) of is mining tools and axes, I use the tools only for derby tasks or if my barn is full and I need to make space or if I have over 150 of one type. Axes used to be so hard to come by... maybe some other people remember the struggle again I don't actually need that many but I don't like dead bushes or trees so I get as many axes as I possibly can. Same for saws but I use those more often and "only" have about 30 of them. (I kept some dead trees for autumn decoration but never harvest more trees than I have saws for so I can clear them immediately).
    I find this interesting also. I generally dislike trees, so I only have as many as I need. I only have 8 total nectar bushes. When all 8 are empty I cut down 4, and the other 4 are helps.

Trees I have double at 16, but each set of 4 is at a different stage of growth. Whenever I harvest them all, I cut down 4, have 4 that are helps, and 8 to just harvest, then of course I replace the 4 I cut down, so there are always 16 on rotation.
    I used to harvest these every day, and sell off any excess, but most of the time now I only harvest them every other day or so, whenever I'm in need, and do not necessarily do all of them. For example, today I might harvest and cut down 4 cherry trees, but not touch the other 12. I'll get 16 cherries from those 4 trees. Sometimes I use them quickly, sometimes I don't. When they're gone, and I'm forced to harvest remaining 12, that's when I'll buy the 4 replacements.

I do this for coffee as well as berries, but for the berries I have 5 bushes on rotation (total of 20) because I seem to need more of them. I barely touch the coffee bushes, since I pretty much only keep 5 per coffee type.

I figured out all of these numbers a long time ago, and they've worked very well for me. The only tree that I might want to get more of is the olive tree, but in reality, I could just stop making so much olive oil lol The staggered harvests also keep my silo in check, since I also have limits for myself in there, and I have to upgrade nearly every time I get a new crop (current silo is also at 1600, and full).

I rarely have many saws on hand, but I usually have more axes then I can use at one time - both of these items also hover around the "12" area. If I find I have nearly 30 axes, I'll sell a bunch. I never sell saws. I always need saws.

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    Just trolling:
    This is what I find amazing. You could easily sell off 50% of all that, and not struggle in the game. You can only fill so many boats, you can only feed so many townies. Why have 400 butter (and LOL more importantly, HOW) when all your butter products are also in the hundreds (or very nearly). Ovens are limited, time is a factor, etc, etc.

Somewhat rhetorical, but not really. It gets to the base of my original question.
    Are you really going to use up 32 mayo before you can make more? After all, eggs are abundant, and you also have 113 olive oil.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Vever View Post
    This is what I find amazing. You could easily sell off 50% of all that, and not struggle in the game. You can only fill so many boats, you can only feed so many townies. Why have 400 butter (and LOL more importantly, HOW) when all your butter products are also in the hundreds (or very nearly). Ovens are limited, time is a factor, etc, etc.

Somewhat rhetorical, but not really. It gets to the base of my original question.
    Are you really going to use up 32 mayo before you can make more? After all, eggs are abundant, and you also have 113 olive oil.
    I totally agree with you

For myself, I have about 1200 barn/silo on my main farm, and I now keep 15 of each item, I don't keep anything that the helpers do, that's what their "barn" is for... I really enjoy working my machines, and I do use Tom whenever I get a new product so I have a supply right away... my machines are always stacked so any new product will be buried...