Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPad connects to game but keeps losing connection

iPad connects to game but keeps losing connection

I’ve got an iPad 12.9, running iOS 13.2.2. It is work issued & I have been playing on for the last 6 mos - been in game since 2014. Since last week it has been able to connect to game, I can chat, manage collectors, etc but it keeps losing connection after about 5 mins - esp an issue during attacks, I get the Orange Signal Connection Symbol in the middle and know this attack is over.

I connect via both WiFi and cellular. I have cycled my router, switched from WiFi to cellular & back when it happens and tried other WiFi spots & via phone hot spot but it keeps happening.

I’ve closed/restarted App.

I’ve cycled off/on the iPad.

I’ve done a soft reset.

I’ve deinstalled the app/reinstalled it

I have 5 Accts, all connected with SC ID and have access w/o this happening on a multiple android phones in the same rooms of my house, work and outside my home.

Any suggestions appreciated...
    Last edited by Gorf; November 11th, 2019 at 01:46 PM.

I am not sure how much of a problem this can be (or if this will even arise in the first place) in iOS, but check if any background apps are causing this.
    When you say last week did this issue start 5 days ago? There was the SCID 2.0 update then which caused issues for both Android and iOS devices.Some devices are still affected so that might be a problem (the issues others reported were game crashing upon opening the SCID interface though).

Timing sounds about right for the SC ID. I had/still have some issues on the android switching accounts - takes a few more clicks as sometimes it doesn’t register the account I am switching to. However the SC ID for iOS appeared to work flawlessly switching Accts on the iPAD

I will definitely try closing all apps on the iPad & see it that helps.

Timing sounds about right but the iPad never had issues switching in SC ID - my Androids did, even after the optional update, it still sometimes doesn’t register when i tape the new acct & it asks me again.

I just closed all Apps on iPAd - confirmed all closed, restarted and opened only Clash. It still kept doing it. I confirmed Clash was only app open. No idea what to try at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    t the iPad never had issues switching in SC ID - my Androids did, even after the optional update, it still sometimes doesn’t register when i tape the new acct & it asks me again.
    This issue is since scid2.0 only on few devices.

Wotan, not sure of your point. Are you saying its “only on a few devices and yours is one” or “its only a few devices and not yours”?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    Wotan, not sure of your point. Are you saying its “only on a few devices and yours is one” or “its only a few devices and not yours”?
    I said this ↓

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    This issue is since scid2.0 only on few devices.

I read what you said - and I said this:

Originally Posted by Gorf

Your point is unclear - please elaborate if you feel like it.

I have since contacted Apple Support and worked the issue to ensure that the faulty version is completely de-installing from my device and that the newly installed version I am running, V 11.866.17 is the most recent.

Unfortunately it still has the issue of losing connection after 3 -5 min's of play. I am able to play unaffected on my android phones and this issue only started in the past week - previously this iPad ran the game without any issues. Again, it doesnt matter if I am in my home, on wifi or Cellular or in other locations using both connection choices or even the android hotspot from my phones running COC without any issues whatever.

It is obviously a SuperCell problem. I hope they fix this ASAP!!!

SO JUST UPDATING...

Apple Support walked me through the de-install/re-install after dumping the game data from the iCloud just to make sure the install was a “clean” version. Still having the issue.

Reached out to in Game support - & got a response in 24 hrs. They acknowledge I have done all I can and suggested a complete factory reset. As this is a work provided device, that becomes problematic as my IT would need to be involved - something I am not prepared to do and answer ?’s as to why a game requires my Company’s resources in time & $$ to resolve.

I guess I need to hope the next maintenance upgrade, or the Dec update, will fix the problem. Attacking, especially in war, on a cell screen REALLY blows monkey chunks!

I don't really see the point of factory resetting your phone since all of your devices (Android & iOS) is experiencing the same issue.

If you're reluctant to factory reset your work mobile, why not on the other Android phone you had mentioned?