Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Matchmaking

Fresh Spawn

Matchmaking

Hello, why is it that every time I start a War we get lvl 17-19 clans with 300-600 wins as opponents but my Clan is only lvl 13 and has only 100 wins.Also why are they always from Vietnam or Korea???? We have a lot of noobs in there, while the opponents seems always to be like professionals?! I mean they triple our maxed out bases like nothing. All I am asking for is fair matchmaking.
    Another problem is the warden AI why is he shooting walls when there are no troops in his reach? he can fly over them?! And why is he always prefering to attack normal buildings instead of defense buildings?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by drag0 View Post
    Hello, why is it that every time I start a War we get lvl 17-19 clans with 300-600 wins as opponents but my Clan is only lvl 13 and has only 100 wins. We have a lot of noobs in there, while the opponents seems always to be like professionals?! I mean they triple our maxed out bases like nothing. All I am asking for is fair matchmaking.
    I think the issue is most likely that you're looking at the wrong things. Matches aren't made based on clan level or number of wins. The strength of your players, both offensively and defensively is the main determining factor. If you have maxed out based, you'll likely be matched with other maxed out bases. If you're consistently getting 3'ed with a maxed base, you should look for better layouts. Try copying one of your opponents' bases.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Clan level plays no role in matching.
    Total victories or wars play no role in matching.
    Recent success was announced to influence the match. In my experience it seems to be an extremely tiny factor.
    Time of day you search can make it more probable to match Asian clans. But there are a huge number of clans in Asian countries, so matching them occasionally is inevitable.
    Matching does not affect GW AI at all. GW uses same AI regardless of your match, clan level, win streak, or total victories.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Best to take it one at a time..
    First.. The Matchmaker.. It looks to match your bases as closely as possible.. It doesnt take into account skill, experience, or clan level.. they said they use "recent war performance" within the matchmaking, but have never said what that actually means..

The geography of your matches is determined by your spin time.. You are searching for war at the same time as your opponents, unless you, or your opponents, are taking several hours to gain a match.. if you wish to avoid a particular part of the world with your matching, change the spin time, and use a roster break down that will match quickly..

The warden will follow the heaviest group of troops.. It will target whatever that group is attacking.. If a troop he is tracking is attacking a target when it goes down, the warden will continue to attack, until that target is destroyed.. If flying solo, he is most likely to attack whatever is closest to him (although wont choose a wall in this instance).. It is AI.. A programme.. It cannot distinguish one target from another, so there is no logic attached to what he does, even tho the human user can differentiate.

Unfortunately, SC can only do what they can do.. They have a player base of millions, so need to make decisions pertaining to the game, that may not benefit individuals.
    Skill levels, as well as matching, are purely down to the individual players.. Only the players themselves can change that, with practice, experience, and either changing the roster break down, or time zone for the spin.

The warden does not prioritise defense buildings so he doesn't target them specifically even if he is getting attacked by one. Same as any other troop which doesn't go for defenses first.

I do agree that the Warden shooting walls is downright useless when all other troops are dead.

to add to the above if you're running mostly maxed bases you're going to encounter some really tough clans. These are people with years of experience and game knowledge under their belt.

simply put, if you want to win at the highest level you have to maintain and hone your skills constantly.

Trainee
    Start wars at a different time if you don't want to face the Asian clans. Like others have said, having a heavy war lineup will pair you with tougher and more experienced opponents.

There is something in the FAQ that indicates that if you are winning a lot, you WILL be matched with harder and harder clans (ostensibly until you lose). I've noticed this is true. Yes, exactly what you are saying happens! If you are winning a lot, you will be matched with clans that are better and better. That means you are a highly effective clan with great potential! Congratulations! It sure is a pain.

"Finally, matchmaking will factor in Win/Loss records. This ensures that your opponents are worthy adversaries."

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking

Our lead clan is currently a L11 clan on a streak that is getting long. We have been getting matched with some very tough clans, some on streaks themselves. All of them much more experienced and higher level than we are. We haven't lost yet. I've noticed that the clans are getting harder and harder, even though the composition of bases I'm putting in wars hasn't changed appreciably.

I've noted lately that SuperCell doesn't just match clan to clan, but Townhall to Townhall, within the match, when possible, sort of like running a "best fit" curve algorithm to unruly data. If you have a wide spread in your bases, they will attempt to match you with other clans which do also, resulting in a better match for both clans. If they can't, they may match you with a clan that they have on hand which is a less good fit. This might be to your advantage or not. Sometimes matching works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't.

Remember what SuperCell TELLS YOU about their algorithm will not always mesh with what they DO using their algorithm. Game algorithms are highly secret. Your observations are probably as good as anyone's as far as how the Matching Engine works, algorithmically speaking.

"Why Does It Do That?"

Because they want it to!
    Leader of The RiverofBlood Family
    Every War. Every Battle. Every Time.
    Deuce (L11 War) * Mini (L3 War) * TM (L14 War) * Push ( L17)
    Apply now on Discord: https://discord.gg/GywPq6R

I don't believe streak has much if any effect on toughness of opponent. in fact I'm sure if there is an effect at all, it's very minor. on our 21 war win streak we got some real cupcakes through the teens.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:21 PM.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I don't believe streak has much if any effect on toughness of opponent. in fact I'm sure if there is an effect at all, it's very minor. on our 21 war win streak we got some real cupcakes through the teens.
    I’d have to agree with this. My last clan went on a 32 win streak. We matched some seriously bad clans throughout the streak. Many with a zero win streak. I’d agree that wins are taken into some kind of consideration but not anywhere near as much as other, more important factors like weight, th12s, etc.