Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What does it take?

Quote Originally Posted by iGroot View Post
    I used to in one of OneHive's clans.

First off, getting recruited by their website is pretty straight forward. You're not getting in by an in-game request, so cross that out.

Second, you're going to be in a sister clan or recruitment clan. You're going to be "competing" against every single other member of that clan that's trying to move up in "rank" to a higher ranked OH clan.

On top of that, you will be required to be able to properly map out every single one of your attacks. You will most likely be expected to literally draw out your plan of how your troops will path, maybe even what your backup plan is, etc. Then on top of that, you cannot attack until your attack is approved.

Chances are, you won't get into the highest ranks of OneHive at this point. Unless you're an amazing 3* attacker that just can't be stopped no matter what the base, you're competing against guys that have years under their belts. I've been in War Agency for almost 2 years now and loyalty is really huge in a lot of competitive clans. I don't want to say you'd be late to the game, because being in the game is better than not, but don't expect to be moving up the ranks at even a steady pace.

I think I wrote too much lol
    Interesting insight. Since my planning is usually pretty much gonna drop stuff here and wing it, doubt I'd be a good candidate. Honestly though, those type of clans play at a much different level than people like me. Nothing wrong with that. It's a great thing about the game that there is room for many play styles.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by iGroot View Post
    I used to in one of OneHive's clans.

First off, getting recruited by their website is pretty straight forward. You're not getting in by an in-game request, so cross that out.

Second, you're going to be in a sister clan or recruitment clan. You're going to be "competing" against every single other member of that clan that's trying to move up in "rank" to a higher ranked OH clan.

On top of that, you will be required to be able to properly map out every single one of your attacks. You will most likely be expected to literally draw out your plan of how your troops will path, maybe even what your backup plan is, etc. Then on top of that, you cannot attack until your attack is approved.

Chances are, you won't get into the highest ranks of OneHive at this point. Unless you're an amazing 3* attacker that just can't be stopped no matter what the base, you're competing against guys that have years under their belts. I've been in War Agency for almost 2 years now and loyalty is really huge in a lot of competitive clans. I don't want to say you'd be late to the game, because being in the game is better than not, but don't expect to be moving up the ranks at even a steady pace.

I think I wrote too much lol
    I agree with Piper.. Most interesting thing I've read in ages.

Yeah the way we did it was to have a discord server with 50 channels, 1 for each base. So then if you are going to attack base 13, you'd post your plan drawn up for that base in channel 13 and tag a war general (I. E. @th10wg) and then the members with a war generals role would see that they were tagged and get on, look at your plan and either critique it or give you the thumbs up to go ahead. And the reason we'd give each base it's own channel was so if you fail, the clean up attacks has a quick, easy to find reference as to what the plan was and how to fix it.

We would also be in voice chat for hrs helping people plan and spotting for people. It's a lot of work, but like iGroot said, the comaraderie you make along the way is what makes it all worth it.
    Last edited by juvi1624; 2 Days Ago at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Interesting insight. Since my planning is usually pretty much gonna drop stuff here and wing it, doubt I'd be a good candidate. Honestly though, those type of clans play at a much different level than people like me. Nothing wrong with that. It's a great thing about the game that there is room for many play styles.
    I actually left them at the time because I thought wow this is way too much, I don't care that much about Clash. And now fast forward a few years later and we do this for all our CWL attacks and it's not that bad (and I guess I do care that much about Clash lol). I think once you get past the initial hurdle and you learn to plan an attack quicker, it becomes easier and not as daunted of a task.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I agree with Piper.. Most interesting thing I've read in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by juvi1624 View Post
    It's a lot of work, but like iGroot said, the comaraderie you make along the way is what makes it all worth it.
    Hell yeah. It's also about being in the right clan with the right people. My clanmates are dope and everyone wants each other to succeed.
    Last edited by iGroot; 2 Days Ago at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I would love to see space unicorns and cosmic cats
    Click Here for Unicorns

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by juvi1624 View Post
    Yeah the way we did it was to have a discord server with 50 channels, 1 for each base. So then if you are going to attack base 13, you'd post your plan drawn up for that base in channel 13 and tag a war general (I. E. @th10wg) and then the members with a war generals role would see that they were tagged and get on, look at your plan and either critique it or give you the thumbs up to go ahead. And the reason we'd give each base it's own channel was so if you fail, the clean up attacks has a quick, easy to find reference as to what the plan was and how to fix it.

We would also be in voice chat for hrs helping people plan and spotting for people. It's a lot of work, but like iGroot said, the comaraderie you make along the way is what makes it all worth it.
    Kudos to you guys.. War at the highest level..