Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL --Medals

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I have several accounts and only casually play them. Therefore, my builders are rarely all busy. Which means that the time of an upgrade is no big deal to me; I can wait it out. Hammers essentially give you loot + time for 120 medals. Since time doesn't matter to me, their only value is the amount of loot saved, which is at most 12M gold or elixir. That equates to 1M per 10 medals. Wall rings on the other hand... 1 wall ring equates to 1M gold or elixir, and you can buy 10 wall rings for 50 medals. That equates to 2M per 10 medals. If you're like everyone else, at TH12 you'll max all buildings and Heroes waaaaayyyy before walls. Wall rings give you the best bang for your buck.

Similarly, never buy the Hammer of Heroes. Everyone runs out of DE upgrades first, leaving them with nowhere to spend DE. Wasting your medals on hero hammers will just get you to the point of wasted DE sooner.
    It will, but for most people, time with heroes down is what they really care about minimising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

add them to the 940 i already had for december update
    I had a signature once. then I misplaced it
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I have several accounts and only casually play them. Therefore, my builders are rarely all busy. Which means that the time of an upgrade is no big deal to me; I can wait it out. Hammers essentially give you loot + time for 120 medals. Since time doesn't matter to me, their only value is the amount of loot saved, which is at most 12M gold or elixir. That equates to 1M per 10 medals. Wall rings on the other hand... 1 wall ring equates to 1M gold or elixir, and you can buy 10 wall rings for 50 medals. That equates to 2M per 10 medals. If you're like everyone else, at TH12 you'll max all buildings and Heroes waaaaayyyy before walls. Wall rings give you the best bang for your buck.

Similarly, never buy the Hammer of Heroes. Everyone runs out of DE upgrades first, leaving them with nowhere to spend DE. Wasting your medals on hero hammers will just get you to the point of wasted DE sooner.
    My base is recovering from a rushed state, from when the siege was introduced..
    I am looking like completing everything before DE.. Therefore i find best value on upgrading a hero.. Queen for now.. Is going to 59 atm, so will go to 60 with hammer..
    Like yourself, I am heavy on accounts, and in no hurry.. But I would like the heroes at point, so I can start to play catch up with the big boy strats..

I've decided to upgrade to th13 once the update drops rushed or maxed. And i will probably use these medals for maxing the last level on remaining troops.
    going to unlock 5th builder tomorrow 🙈😆 I'll have 1000 gems from eagle achievement
    Last edited by Electrifyingankur; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:00 PM.

I just save my medals for when I am ready to work on a base, lots are in a good position so I have a few with around 2k medals. I have a couple TH12 I am working on and I saved up around 1500 medals that I've been using for hammers of building on 14 day upgrades.

If trying to decide what to use medals on, I prefer wall rings or hammer of building (if TH12) but as long as you are not spending it on the 2.5 mil gold/elixir, builder pots, or research pots because they are all a waste.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:11 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I typically use my medals on a HoH. Have a surplus of medals from this month though so I may get a HoF.

Most of my accounts are maxed Push accounts, so I seldom spend them for anything but Troop potions. I'm not building anything anymore. My TH10 is still upgrading heroes, but I didn't earn a lot of medals there, alas!

Below L40, Hammers of Heroes are not as good a value as Builder potions, even with the rise in price of the Builder potions. As long as all your builders are busy and you're a competent raider.
    Last edited by privateice2; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:44 AM.
    Leader of The RiverofBlood Family
    Every War. Every Battle. Every Time.
    Deuce (L11 War) * Mini (L3 War) * TM (L14 War) * Push ( L17)
    Apply now on Discord: https://discord.gg/GywPq6R

Quote Originally Posted by privateice2 View Post
    Most of my accounts are maxed Push accounts, so I seldom spend them for anything but Troop potions. I'm not building anything anymore. My TH10 is still upgrading heroes, but I didn't earn a lot of medals there, alas!

Below L40, Hammers of Heroes are not as good a value as Builder potions, even with the rise in price of the Builder potions. As long as all your builders are busy and you're a competent raider.
    I find my need is to grow the heroes..
    Builder potion, I have no need for.. I dont mind anything shutting down whilst its upgrading.. I do book or hammer spell factories tho..
    i want spells and heroes up for war..

Dont really care what level the hero is.. I dont put a monetary value on the hammers..
    Basically, they came free with cwl, so will go where they can help me most, which is a free level on a hero..
    I would hammer a level 5, if I felt it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I find my need is to grow the heroes..
    Builder potion, I have no need for.. I dont mind anything shutting down whilst its upgrading.. I do book or hammer spell factories tho..
    i want spells and heroes up for war..

Dont really care what level the hero is.. I dont put a monetary value on the hammers..
    Basically, they came free with cwl, so will go where they can help me most, which is a free level on a hero..
    I would hammer a level 5, if I felt it would help.
    I wouldn't hammer a lvl 5 hero, I'd rather save those medals and use a builder pot.

Some of my accounts are in a good position so I save my medals in case I would face another strong clan. A few I have nearly 2k medals on them and a full stock of goodies but it really depends on your goals. I have some lowers i would like to work on a bit at some point so I just mooch medals in CWL with them and would keep them for a higher TH level where it can have more value.

I made a couple 12s that are around a year old now and I used to use builder pots but when they were around TH10 they made them more expensive so I saved all my medals until I was TH12 and with hammer of building once a week, a full stock of items, season pass, and clan games, can go from max TH11 to max TH12 defense in 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I wouldn't hammer a lvl 5 hero, I'd rather save those medals and use a builder pot.

Some of my accounts are in a good position so I save my medals in case I would face another strong clan. A few I have nearly 2k medals on them and a full stock of goodies but it really depends on your goals. I have some lowers i would like to work on a bit at some point so I just mooch medals in CWL with them and would keep them for a higher TH level where it can have more value.

I made a couple 12s that are around a year old now and I used to use builder pots but when they were around TH10 they made them more expensive so I saved all my medals until I was TH12 and with hammer of building once a week, a full stock of items, season pass, and clan games, can go from max TH11 to max TH12 defense in 3 months.
    I havent upgraded a level 5 hero, just making an exaggerated point..
    But medals are best used as and when required IMO..
    War spins can be erratic at times, and place you against max hall on the oppo side..
    If that level on the hero will help in overcoming that base (since a max base is balanced to be hit by a max base), then it is medals well spent.

The 7 day cooldown also has an effect on how one plans their usage too, as prior to the change, those medals were simply spent after the spin if needed.