Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Need to know before th 13

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don't think anyone is speculating that all buildings would have to be maxed. The question is just for the giga tesla. I can definitely see why people are wondering if it has to be maxed out. It would be natural to need to have the max th12 level in order to get the new th13 level. SC could set it up either way, of course. They could simply give us the choice of upgrading to th13 or upgrading only the giga to the next level.

Assuming we have to max it first and SC doesn't tell us until the last second, do we yell at them for no warning or recognize it as a good way to get players to buy books/gems?
    Surely the only option is to have a no warning meltdown rantfest?

It is our way.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don't think anyone is speculating that all buildings would have to be maxed. The question is just for the giga tesla. I can definitely see why people are wondering if it has to be maxed out. It would be natural to need to have the max th12 level in order to get the new th13 level. SC could set it up either way, of course. They could simply give us the choice of upgrading to th13 or upgrading only the giga to the next level.

Assuming we have to max it first and SC doesn't tell us until the last second, do we yell at them for no warning or recognize it as a good way to get players to buy books/gems?
    that would probably depend on a business model that nobody (at least not many) have access to in the forums.
    with the outcry that followed the previous change to rid engineering (all buildings placed) another change of having to have certain buildings maxed on main base would be far greater then the introduction of OTTO where a requirement of certain things to be maxed before getting it.

so there is a precedent of maxing certain things before a upgrade/ otto can be received I just feel they will keep main base upgrades they way they have been and not make more waves as the global tide hasn't receded yet and asking for another tsunami wave wouldn't fit well into any successful business model

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bystander1975 View Post
    that would probably depend on a business model that nobody (at least not many) have access to in the forums.
    with the outcry that followed the previous change to rid engineering (all buildings placed) another change of having to have certain buildings maxed on main base would be far greater then the introduction of OTTO where a requirement of certain things to be maxed before getting it.

so there is a precedent of maxing certain things before a upgrade/ otto can be received I just feel they will keep main base upgrades they way they have been and not make more waves as the global tide hasn't receded yet and asking for another tsunami wave wouldn't fit well into any successful business model
    I think you underestimate supercell, who can always out supercell themselves.
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    I just don’t see them implementing an upgrade from th12 level 1 straight to th13 when one of the reasons they did what they did was to combat engineering.

I can understand that all other buildings could still be lvl1 but I suspect a 5 star th is a pre-requisite for th13.
    I don't think requiring a max giga (th12 level) would be to fight engineering, though. Once you have the giga it is better for war to have it maxed anyway. If they want to continue the fight against engineering I think they will weaponize the lab. If you want the new levels of troops and spells you have to build the new heavy defense right away.

There were some complaints about having to have all buildings placed and there were a lot of compliments too.

If they say the th13 giga is level 6, meaning you have to get your th12 giga to level 5 before you can upgrade, there won't be complaints anything near what there would be if there was a connection to builder base. This would be a more natural progression.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Why not upgrade it and be prepared , lvl 5 TH12 is really good for defense
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertoDelRio2016 View Post
    Is it necessary to upgrade giga tasla to take lvl 4 of th 12 for upgrading th 13?? Because I have th 12 with 1 lvl Tesla.

Want a forum signature ?*Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*
    GFX group| Clan | Forum achievements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    I think you underestimate supercell, who can always out supercell themselves.
    I didnt say they wouldn't do it I said it wouldn't be good for a successful business model. we all must agree that with the game having lasted so long they have a good model. but in the engineering aspect it was better to make the change to continue long term growth. with otto it was needed to control the # of those with otto and also gain $$$ from those that would gem vs wait (also a solid business model in bringing activity to a portion of the game many did not actively play). however maxing the th 12 giga brings no long term solution to a problem where the other "fixes" did accomplish something. long term play with rushed accounts could possibly lead to additional gold passes being bought, gems purchased or packs gobbled up by the masses to later bring things up in lvl thereby adding to the business model not taking anything away.

I think it would be unwise of SC to require a L5 gigatesla before you can go to TH13.

Forum Champion
    I didnt say they wouldn't do it I said it wouldn't be good for a successful business model. we all must agree that with the game having lasted so long they have a good model. but in the engineering aspect it was better to make the change to continue long term growth. with otto it was needed to control the # of those with otto and also gain $$$ from those that would gem vs wait (also a solid business model in bringing activity to a portion of the game many did not actively play). however maxing the th 12 giga brings no long term solution to a problem where the other "fixes" did accomplish something. long term play with rushed accounts could possibly lead to additional gold passes being bought, gems purchased or packs gobbled up by the masses to later bring things up in lvl thereby adding to the business model not taking anything away.
    I was half joking with my comment, but i think supercell is in the position where they could do a lot of things that annoy players to make more profit and most of us would still play regardless. I think in the short term requiring level 5 giga makes more profit for them, long term i think its very hard to say.

Forum Legend
    I don’t know for sure but my guess is you need to be TH12.5 to upgrade to TH13. The reason being is I doubt they will have separate upgrades for Giga on TH v TH upgrade itself. That is if you try to upgrade TH12.2 to TH13 the upgrade will simply be to TH12.3 not TH13.

that seems to make the most sense anyway.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

My opinion, but it’s only an opinion, since ‘weaponized’ th are new for th12, is that the GT is considered a different building, or an addition to the th, and actually behaves just like a regular tesla, with a trigger radius equivalent to the th itself: upgrading to the next th, as since the change made to fight engineering, will only require a GT level 1 (aka initial level).
    An alternative understanding, could involve the mega blast, considered as a separate ‘(giant)bomb’ of sorts, only ‘built’ at GT5, which could be a requirement to upgrade the TH; hence a GT5 could be needed. But to me it’s a longer shot.
    I might be wrong, but won’t be able to test myself (only have 1 maxed 12).