Thread: Questions about CWL

Questions about CWL

My clan is in crystal 1, so only 1 promotion, we are 5-0 but not in first. We actually beat first yesterday

So ranking
    4-1
    5-0
    3-2
    2-3
    3-2
    2-3
    1-4
    0-5

Question 1 is if we go 7-0 can we still not be promoted?

Question 2-if the answer to one is yes, then why are stars more important than wins?

Imo any clan that goes 7-0 in cwl should be promoted
    Last edited by LokiGodOfChaos; 5 Days Ago at 03:43 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo
    I had a signature once. then I misplaced it
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by LokiGodOfChaos View Post
    My clan is in crystal 1, so only 1 promotion, we are 5-0 but not in first. We actually beat first yesterday

So ranking
    4-1
    5-0
    3-2
    2-3
    3-2
    2-3
    1-4
    0-5

Question 1 is if we go 7-0 can we still not be promoted?

Question 2-if the answer to one is no, then why are stars more important than wins?

Imo any clan that goes 7-0 in cwl should be promoted
    Yes, it is possible to go 7-0 and not get promoted. Wins get a bonus of 10 stars so they matter a lot, but you could have a close match with the first place team, barely beating them by 1 star. That gives you an 11 star advantage over them. If they beat all the other teams by 12 more stars than you do, they finish ahead of you. One thing we regularly discuss in my clan is even toward the end if we have a sure win or loss we still want to maximize our stars because they count for the final total.
    Last edited by 2222; 5 Days Ago at 03:38 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

The answer to question 1 is yes.

My answer to question 2 is that stars are a more accurate representation of a clan's skill than wins. If a clan that goes 6-1 beats your 7-0, it means they got at least ten more stars than you, so they probably have pretty skilled attackers.

To answer your first question, yes you can go 7-0 and not get promoted. It's all about stars first then destruction % second.

As for your 2nd question, I don't know why they made stars first instead of wins. It probably has something to do with if a clan barely loses every war but puts up a good fight in each one, they have just as good of a chance to win the league and/or get promoted as a clan that barely wins every war but puts up low scores. In other words, it keeps you invested the whole way through so if your clan starts off 0-3 or 0-4, you don't just lose interest and give up on the season.

Millennial Club
    The answer to question 1 is yes it is possible to win every match and not be promoted.

The answer to question 2 is because that's the criteria they landed on, it's been like that since the beginning. Wins have more value than not winning (bonus 10 stars for every win), but ultimately stars were decided on as the factor which decides placing. What that means in the end is that offense is more important than defense in CWL.

The idea of stars being a deciding factor encourages (ensures) teams don't just give up when they are losing (or at least they get penalized for doing so). It means every attack matters, for that reason I don't mind it. However the flip side is that it provides an easy avenue for collusion amongst clans.