Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "Inbox Full" Notification PRIOR to Writing a Private Message

"Inbox Full" Notification PRIOR to Writing a Private Message

I'm sure this has happened frequently to those of us who send/receive many PM's. It's a bit frustrating to write a lengthy PM only to find out after the fact that the recipients inbox is full. Is there a possibility that this notification can be made when you tap the "send private message" option and not after you've written the message?
    Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!
    Happy Holidays Everyone!

I agree.

Iím not sure whether it can be changed, or if itís a vbulletin thing.

But when writing a message, remember to wait until you see itís auto-saved before hitting send (I often fire off the message before then and lose a sentence or two).

Then if the inbox is full, you can go back later, enter the name of the person (and/or title of your message?) and youíll see a note in the bottom left that autorestores saved/previous content or something like that. (I forget how itís worded, but youíll know what I mean when you see it).

I donít know whether there is a time limit for the message to be sent, or if it will save indefinitely. Maybe a mod knows and can clarify exactly how it works.

Thanks Icey!

I need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

It would be great if the storage could be larger. I have messages I need to keep, so the small amount of space is always full. When I get a notification someone has tried to message me I have to delete messages that I really don’t want to, to make space to receive another one.

or does anyone know how I can store the messages elsewhere, but not using screen shots?
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    It would be great if the storage could be larger. I have messages I need to keep, so the small amount of space is always full. When I get a notification someone has tried to message me I have to delete messages that I really don’t want to, to make space to receive another one.

or does anyone know how I can store the messages elsewhere, but not using screen shots?
    You can download messages you want to keep. Select the ones you want, then go to the bottom of the inbox where it says "Selected messages" and you can download them as either CSV, XML or TEXT.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner