Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happens if all teams reach max points?

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    I have never done a solo player derby, but I keep hearing that they can be brutal.
    They are! I'm a hood of one, and if you can't complete in 2 or 3 hours from start, you have no chance of placing.

Quote Originally Posted by MizKitty View Post
    They are! I'm a hood of one, and if you can't complete in 2 or 3 hours from start, you have no chance of placing.
    you can try a delayed start. Fill your task board with tasks you are ready for, but donít take any until you are ready to clear them.

you will not be placed in a derby until you take the first task... good luck!
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:36 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I've (mostly) derbied solo since the derby feature was first introduced. Once the idea of the "delayed start" was mentioned, I practiced this and it seemed to work pretty well. However, I've recently noticed a change in my starting position after completing the first task. Before, I'd be in 2nd-4th place, now I'm in, say, 9th-11th place. So, something has changed with this method has been my observation.
    Last edited by Tahoe; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:21 AM.
    Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!
    Happy Holidays Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelldebs View Post
    hi hey day team i am not sure if this is the right place to make a suggestion but for derby i find that some people in my neighbourhood wont opt out just to claim prizes is there not a way that even if they dont opt out that they cant claim prizes just like the event board .... if you dont participate you dont get its thats simple i feel its unfair for those who try but loose because of certain players
    Sounds like time for the big boot of love.

But if you are not the leader or the leader will not do it, might be time for a hood upgrade for you.

In many hoods opting in but not completing tasks will get you booted before the derby ends.
    Last edited by milomilomilo; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I've (mostly) derbied solo since the derby feature was first introduced. Once the idea of the "delayed start" was mentioned, I practiced this and it seemed to work pretty well. However, I've recently noticed a change in my starting position after completing the first task. Before, I'd be in 2nd-4th place, now I'm in, say, 9th-11th place. So, something has changed with this method has been my observation.
    Tahoe - have you changed the day or time of day you’re starting? It makes a huge difference to me. The Derby finishes Monday morning here, Sunday morning before 7am, is the best time for me, but if the farm has too much ‘on hold’ with Derby tasks I’ll start earlier in the week, before 7am. The only downside is that most of my GC & in game friends are still sleeping so fewer help tasks coming up, so help tasks are less appealing.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Tahoe - have you changed the day or time of day youíre starting? It makes a huge difference to me. The Derby finishes Monday morning here, Sunday morning before 7am, is the best time for me, but if the farm has too much Ďon holdí with Derby tasks Iíll start earlier in the week, before 7am. The only downside is that most of my GC & in game friends are still sleeping so fewer help tasks coming up, so help tasks are less appealing.
    Hey SmallChange!

Thanks for the info. No, I haven't changed my playing hours, or any routine with the derby. And this was happening long before the time change, so I'm not really sure why it seems different.
    Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!
    Happy Holidays Everyone!

Iíve found that every now and then your delayed start time needs to be tweaked. At one point we found ourselves up against the exact same team several weeks in a row and we couldnít beat them. I moved our start time to the quarter hour and this eliminated our problem. Good luck Tahoe. This game is always fluid!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Tahoe, I noticed a change also some time back and my theory is that more and more people are doing the delay-start strategy, so if I don't have close to a full board of fast 320-pt tasks, I would lose out on being 1st place. Now I avoid fishing and feeding tasks unless I have done 6 or 7 tasks and the other NH have done only one or two.

I like the basket/combo tasks because they require far less items and I double-stack machines that make more than one derby items, such as 7 apple juice, then 9 tomato juice, then 7 apple juice then 9 tomato juice. That takes care of two combo's requiring either apple juice or tomato juice as well as a full production task reequiring 13 apple juice or 17 tomato juice. This type of stacking does require preparation over the weekend, but I can finish the derby on the first day and have the rest of the week to spend on the valley and other events.