Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ALL Suggestions for tweaks on 80 cap - no complaints!

ALL Suggestions for tweaks on 80 cap - no complaints!

I think we have complained enough - the cap is here to stay, but they did say they might consider tweaks. Letís put our headís together and come up with some reasonable suggestions.

1. Could the cap vary for each level? Leveling up is not as exciting after you get all of the machines and crops. I do look forward to my one extra field every other time I level up though. Maybe the daily cap could go up by a few? A level 30 farmer and level 100+ farmer have very different storage needs and abilities.

2. The weird corn/bot farms donít generate town expansion items...maybe a separate cap for the town items would be feasible. Only real players who actually do the work to feed their townies actually care about upgrading town buildings - or earn the upgrade items. These are the same people who might also use real money to buy diamonds... to hire Tom, to feed their townies. Maybe people trade town upgrades items, but people donít need these items as much after a certain point. They arenít in such a demand, but I do like to share them with my hoodmates who still need them as I earn them. Iím seeing more of these items in the paper, and they sit there a while. I donít buy them...Iím afraid of hitting the cap. I would hate to see drills and bricks become the new rustic bouquet of the paper. Even a small separate cap could be handy.

Ok post ideas here - I guess Iím at the acceptance phase and ready to be reasonable.

I did have a couple of days where I hit the cap, but I've managed to adjust a bit. I do a lot of smaller trades daily now, instead of saving them up for one go at it. I've never been much of a big trader, but I do swap items with my baby farm. Doing it once a day, instead of every couple of days made a big difference for me.

With this minor tweak in my play style, I'm actually liking the new limit. It seems to be a lot easier for me to find that 1 part I need to finish any random upgrade in the DD or at neighbors. I am also seeing a lot less shop raiding, and that really makes me happy. Now I can post a ton of parts and people are taking what they need, and not what they might need later, or their hood might need, or just cleaning me out for all around general hoarding purposes.

All that said, I wouldn't mind some minor tweaking to the town parts either. I am also seeing a lot more drills around, but there's still a shortage of tar and hammers, so I don't know. I'll work with whatever they give me I guess lol

I'm not sure about the sliding limit based on level. Maybe a sliding limit based on your current upgrade amount? My baby farm, which is about 20 levels or so behind me, has the same size barn as my main farm. That number is super low by most people's standards. My barn holds 800 at level 86 I think, and unless I'm hoarding parts, 800 seems like a good number to me. For now. Till I unlock more stuff, or they release more stuff. I'm not looking at the farm right now, but I think I need 55 of each for the next upgrade, and since I've been working on town building timers, I'm nowhere near that amount. But I do have about 200 spots open for it, so I don't see any need to stress over it atm.

Also, since day 1, I've only ever worked on one upgrade at a time, and always sell my excess parts, so this new limit is not that big a deal for me.

At the end of the day, I just wish I had a counter to tell me how many more parts I can buy. I know at some point I'm going to need to know, but for now, I'm OK with all of this.

I like the limit, but a counter would not be a bad idea.
    Do not think it should be based on anything - keep it the same for everyone.
    It has greatly improved DD experience and seems to have put a stop to the L bot. Good job SC
    Last edited by VulcanforHayDay; November 7th, 2019 at 05:29 PM.

I would like to see a counter so that I do not get those limited items hung up in one of my shops while transferring. Also need a countdown clock showing the amount of time until the limiter resets. 00 hrs UT gets confusing because we switch to and from Daylight savings time here. I do not see why the limit reset time cannot be the same time when most everything else like events and derbies start/end. It would then be easy to know when the reset will occur.

Bots do not bother me. I do not see how the limit has improved the DD. I noticed dedicated cheap corn and wheat sellers out there but do not know if they are automated or just some kids hired or dedicated to accumulated expansion items. I do not buy many expansion items from DD. I earn most of what I get by just playing the game. When it comes time for me to use them, I like to be able to move all of them without limits.

I suppose the limit is much less bothersome to the less advanced players. Perhaps higher level players should be allowed a higher limit as the amount of expansion items required are greatly increased. As for land expansion lower level players have the same land to expand. There are plots that require near or over 150 deed/mallet/stakes. But normally most lower level players do not have a large enough barn to occupy those amounts unless they absolutely empty all of the food out of their barn.

I also do not see why Town upgrade tools are limited. If it is those corn/wheat sellers that are the problem, don't they have to have Town actually opened up for town tools to generate? Many of those sellers do not even have their boat or fishing opened.

I wonder why town tools are limited (shady dealers dont sell it, didnt see any offer), but saws and axes are unlimited ( seen many shady dealers offer them for cash).
    Not complaining, never grabbed so many EMs, feels like at Macy's lol.

80 or "one third of the number of BEMs you need to upgrade", whichever is bigger. Someone buying BEMs off the black market would still need 3 full days for a single barn upgrade. For players, it means that after 3100 (you need 80x3 to upgrade), your limit starts going up by 1 per upgrade.

And yeah, leave SEMs, LEMs, TEMs, out of the limit. Bots dont even care about those anyway.

Player Considerations due to the Daily Expansion Limit

This 80 Daily limit on buying or moving in expansion items is really very obstructive for players considering that it usually requires a much higher amount complete an expansion requirement. That being barn, silo, land.

For example there is a land plot that takes 154 expansion tools to complete. If the tools were transferred a little at a time over days then it could be a max barn headache for a player to deal with during that time.
    I find it easiest to wait until a time I sell down some food items and reduce inventory, then transfer in my saved tools from a secondary farm all at once and get it over with so that I can use the tools to expand then resume normal play with the recovered barn space.

Due to this 80 Daily Limit being put into the game, it would be a consideration for players to allow individual acceptance of the upgrade tools into an expandable area such as a land plot, barn, or silo.

By being able to do so, it will relief the barn spacing and player disruption problems caused by the 80 limit. A player will be able to transfer in their tools a portion each day and dispense one type of the tools required by an expansion requirement then continue to transfer in the other required tools each following days.

This modification would also make it much more pleasant for lower level players who have a very small barn size.

Centennial Club
    How about excluding trading among long-term in-game friends or neighborhood members? The illegal sellers could request that theit buyers join their NHs or their friend lists, but waiting a long time for the limitless trade to kick in would probably be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOrganicFarm1903 View Post
    How about excluding trading among long-term in-game friends or neighborhood members? The illegal sellers could request that theit buyers join their NHs or their friend lists, but waiting a long time for the limitless trade to kick in would probably be too much.
    Depends on your exact definition of "long-term". Are we talking minutes, hours, days or years? The entire suggestion's feasibility hinges on this parameter.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    For example there is a land plot that takes 154 expansion tools to complete. If the tools were transferred a little at a time over days then it could be a max barn headache for a player to deal with during that time.
    I find it easiest to wait until a time I sell down some food items and reduce inventory, then transfer in my saved tools from a secondary farm all at once and get it over with so that I can use the tools to expand then resume normal play with the recovered barn space.
    Your post has me wondering... my next barn upgrade requires 55 bems each (total 165). I don't have my farm open in front of me right now, but I believe that will increase me from 900 to 950. Give or take.

With 900 barn spots at level 86, I pretty much always have around 200 open spots. I believe I can maintain this size for quite a while.
    I intentionally do not keep more than 12 of anything in stock at any given time (except parts of course).

I assume that people with larger barns keep larger numbers of items, and now I'm wondering why. I should probably start a new thread to answer that question, but maybe you can just tell me. I can understand if a few things go over, like popcorn, since townies and boats often ask for 10+, and the shorter timed juices. Basic things like sugar and dairy make sense to be over. And I can also understand items you might have Tom running for, just to stock up (like lobster items, feather items, diamond rings), but what would be the point of keeping - for example - 30 white sweaters?

I have seen screenshots in the past where people would have upwards of 100 of each item. I just don't get that at all... any thoughts on why? Is there a play style that would ever require you to have 100 of anything on hand?