Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ALL Suggestions for tweaks on 80 cap - no complaints!

Quote Originally Posted by Vever View Post
    Your post has me wondering... my next barn upgrade requires 55 bems each (total 165). I don't have my farm open in front of me right now, but I believe that will increase me from 900 to 950. Give or take.

With 900 barn spots at level 86, I pretty much always have around 200 open spots. I believe I can maintain this size for quite a while.
    I intentionally do not keep more than 12 of anything in stock at any given time (except parts of course).

I assume that people with larger barns keep larger numbers of items, and now I'm wondering why. I should probably start a new thread to answer that question, but maybe you can just tell me. I can understand if a few things go over, like popcorn, since townies and boats often ask for 10+, and the shorter timed juices. Basic things like sugar and dairy make sense to be over. And I can also understand items you might have Tom running for, just to stock up (like lobster items, feather items, diamond rings), but what would be the point of keeping - for example - 30 white sweaters?

I have seen screenshots in the past where people would have upwards of 100 of each item. I just don't get that at all... any thoughts on why? Is there a play style that would ever require you to have 100 of anything on hand?
    Vever, I agree a new thread may be in order. You should consider posting in the general section, as the audience tends to be bigger.

You bring up some very good questions. I’m sure you will get some interesting thoughts.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Vever, I agree a new thread may be in order. You should consider posting in the general section, as the audience tends to be bigger.

You bring up some very good questions. I’m sure you will get some interesting thoughts.
    Agreed as well, as this is something I have long wondered, Vever and Momscar. I keep 10-25 of each food, depending on what it is. Some foods I don't keep at all if I know I can find it easily in the DD.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    Depends on your exact definition of "long-term". Are we talking minutes, hours, days or years? The entire suggestion's feasibility hinges on this parameter.
    I was thinking of somewhere in the range of 6 months to a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post

I agree, and I'm very curious, so I took your advice https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...4#post12397024
    Thank you!

Thumbs up Daily Limit of 80 Tools is Killing the Fun

The daily limit of 80 upgrade and expansion tools is really taking the fun out of Hay Day. The #1 reason to join a neighborhood is to interact with your neighbors and trade tools. If I'm working on opening a fishing area, I can trade all of my other tools for deeds, mallets, and stakes to complete that project and free up barn space. If I'm working on a Town upgrade, Personal Train upgrade, or Barn/Silo/Tackle Box upgrade I can trade all tools that are not those, for ones that are, and complete my projects much more quickly. Limiting my in-neighborhood trading to 80 tools per day is not only frustrating, but really cuts down on the neighbor interaction within my neighborhood. It's killing the game.

I'm certainly not the first to voice these concerns. Yes, it may have also limited some bots to 80 "steals" per day, but that harmed such a small percentage of my trades that it wasn't even noticeable. Even the worry of approaching my 80 tool limit gives me pause when thinking about trading as one of the 2 parties in the trade might get their tools "stolen" if someone is at/over their 80 tool limit. This actually happens way more frequently than tool theft by bots ever did. So this limit is having the opposite effect as it was intended.

Also, once you've reached 80 tools you have much less incentive to shop the Daily Dirt or look in my Followers shops. If I spot a bin of tools for sale and they're just sitting there, I can't even purchase them! This may be the most frustrating consequence of the new 80 tool daily limit.

If Supercell cannot prevent the bots and believes that the rare bot theft hurts the game (i.e. make sit less fun) than this daily limit, then please take 2 steps:

1) Add a counter so players know how many tools they have left to trade or buy before the daily limit of 80 is reached. This way we can play until that limit is reached and then log out until tomorrow when we can actually play again.
    2) Increase the daily limit to a more realistic number to accommodate active neighborhoods. I don't know what this number is, but I've routinely traded 500+ tools per day in the past on very active days. Right now there are 4-5 players in my 27-member neighborhood who are at their daily limit, cannot trade tools, and cannot complete upgrade/expansion project as quickly as they were doing pre-October update. The game is much less fun.
    Name: The Professor
    Neighborhood: The Playbook (#82980LGR)
    Experience Level: 172
    Reputation Level: 61
    Hay Day Wiki Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1243 View Post
    The daily limit of 80 upgrade and expansion tools is really taking the fun out of Hay Day. The #1 reason to join a neighborhood is to interact with your neighbors and trade tools. If I'm working on opening a fishing area, I can trade all of my other tools for deeds, mallets, and stakes to complete that project and free up barn space. If I'm working on a Town upgrade, Personal Train upgrade, or Barn/Silo/Tackle Box upgrade I can trade all tools that are not those, for ones that are, and complete my projects much more quickly. Limiting my in-neighborhood trading to 80 tools per day is not only frustrating, but really cuts down on the neighbor interaction within my neighborhood. It's killing the game.

I'm certainly not the first to voice these concerns. Yes, it may have also limited some bots to 80 "steals" per day, but that harmed such a small percentage of my trades that it wasn't even noticeable. Even the worry of approaching my 80 tool limit gives me pause when thinking about trading as one of the 2 parties in the trade might get their tools "stolen" if someone is at/over their 80 tool limit. This actually happens way more frequently than tool theft by bots ever did. So this limit is having the opposite effect as it was intended.

Also, once you've reached 80 tools you have much less incentive to shop the Daily Dirt or look in my Followers shops. If I spot a bin of tools for sale and they're just sitting there, I can't even purchase them! This may be the most frustrating consequence of the new 80 tool daily limit.
    I would politely disagree with all of this. In my current neighbourhood, in fact in every single hood I have ever been in, there has been absolutely no trading whatsoever. Me and all of my hood mates have never reached the limit so far, we are not at all affected by this, even tho we are a very active hood (champions league derby etc.).

I do understand the frustrations but there is nothing we can do. (A bit off-topic here but something similar happened in Clash with the global removal and I am one who misses it very much but no forum post on this will change SC's mind, so I'm trying to adapt, also play Clash a lot less now because the new rules make it less fun to me, so I really do understand).

Also there has already been a 60 page thread on the 80 limit that has been closed:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12392979
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

If Supercell cannot prevent the bots and believes that the rare bot theft hurts the game (i.e. make sit less fun) than this daily limit, then please take 2 steps:

1) Add a counter so players know how many tools they have left to trade or buy before the daily limit of 80 is reached. This way we can play until that limit is reached and then log out until tomorrow when we can actually play again.
    2) Increase the daily limit to a more realistic number to accommodate active neighborhoods. I don't know what this number is, but I've routinely traded 500+ tools per day in the past on very active days. Right now there are 4-5 players in my 27-member neighborhood who are at their daily limit, cannot trade tools, and cannot complete upgrade/expansion project as quickly as they were doing pre-October update. The game is much less fun.
    Here is the link to the sticky in the General Discussion area: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-Limits-FAQs

Both your suggestion of adding a counter and/or changing the daily limit are addressed.

My suggestion is to start trying different ways trade, whether it is how often, or for which expansion. Iím sure that there is a way to keep moving ahead without feeling stifled.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

There'd probably be one or two "new ideas" to lift/raise the limit every week for years to come. Lets add this to that sticky and settle in for the long ride.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    First of all, thank you alpha1243 for sharing how the new limit is affecting your neighborhood. Here's how it's affecting my chillaxed neighborhood. Prior to the limit, my hoodmates and I were using the Trading Post about once a week to request donations.

After the limit was introduced, we've been asking for EMs and UMs daily so activity within my neighborhood has increased because we are now able to trade safely without interruptions from unintended buyers. Unlike your neighborhood, my doesn't believe in instant upgrades or quick upgrades. We prefer to upgrade when we want to and not when we need to. And thus, the new feature isn't killing the game for my neighborhood, but instead energizing us to trade more frequently.

I like Momscar's idea to track our purchases. Its very easy to implement and works for me.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12392305

---
    Lynn
    November 16, 2019

EDIT: I'd like to share the following words written by American author H. Jackson Brown Jr.: "When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.”
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

I would just like a counter to keep track.

Farm Level 177. Town 54. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.