Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Th13 vs Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    I would rather have the ability to recruit new members to my clan that I specifically need than a new TownHall at this point. I know this probably won’t be the opinion of many who are maxed out and bored with the game but for the clan as a whole, fixing the last update should come before giving us another one. A new shiny TH13 will be awesome but if our clans are still struggling to get new members only a few of us are going to enjoy the new update and even that will be slated. Push back the new town hall and build us a new recruitment tool please.
    IF we can only have one then recruitment has more long term value.

If they give us both, that is good too.

If we can only have a new town hall the value of the new town hall shrinks if I am unable to replace losses in the clan.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanaticclasher View Post
    absolute humbug if a game cannnot support its own functionality, it should not excist.. i have no need for extra apps to play a app game..
    That is sort of a different argument, though. I definitely want them to improve the recruiting tool. I just don’t agree with OPs suggestion to actually hold off on releasing th13 until it is improved. Th13 is most likely either done or almost done. I do not in any way agree with witholding content that many players want simply to wait until they also make improvements to the recruiting tool (a tool I suspect will continue to have improvements and changes over the very long term anyway).

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by mjuice View Post
    You might be the only person to say this.
    You're wrong.

Centennial Club
    I don't recruit so, would rather to see the new content coming out. The clan I'm in don't recruit either, they would just either accept someone in and check them out, or just reject them. If they don't fit in, they would either leave or get kicked out ha..

Quote Originally Posted by Fanaticclasher View Post
    i second that.. although i am maxed out for months now, i need recruiting capability to upgrade my clan. so give me recruiting before th 13
    Every game with a competitive community trying to grow a clan nowadays uses game forums and reddit to recruit potential members. I don’t know what you’re trying to imply here.

quoted the wrong person lol
    Last edited by xQQx; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:38 PM.

I would rather have the ability to recruit new members to my clan that I specifically need than a new TownHall at this point. I know this probably won’t be the opinion of many who are maxed out and bored with the game but for the clan as a whole, fixing the last update should come before giving us another one. A new shiny TH13 will be awesome but if our clans are still struggling to get new members only a few of us are going to enjoy the new update and even that will be slated. Push back the new town hall and build us a new recruitment tool please.
    I'm 60 walls away from max 12. I 100% agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BacalaoistPlays View Post
    In my clan we have decided to instead of inviting th12s ingame..we rush our own. I have made my decision to super rush my new 2nd acc to th12. I don't regret it. And plus my clan is all for it, even though they were once a "maxist" clan. I even convinced 3 others to rush to th12 so we can get seiges and the like. I know I'm going against the grain, yet my main acc is a max everything before you go up a TH. It gives me some fresh content and challenges! Oh..and if TH13 comes along, be sure that I WILL rush to that too. No regrets, no hard feelings.
    I totally agree.. If cwl is a thing with your clan, you certainly dont want anyone hanging about waiting to max out their walls..
    Bigger is better, and once you hit max hall, with camps, spells, lab, and barracks in play, you can back fill in your own time mate..
    Makes perfect sense.. Maybe just leave it out of regular war for a bit..
    Not sure why more dont do the same, if they need members so badly.. make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That is sort of a different argument, though. I definitely want them to improve the recruiting tool. I just don’t agree with OPs suggestion to actually hold off on releasing th13 until it is improved. Th13 is most likely either done or almost done. I do not in any way agree with witholding content that many players want simply to wait until they also make improvements to the recruiting tool (a tool I suspect will continue to have improvements and changes over the very long term anyway).
    Agree as usual 2222.. They will provide us with something that does a job sooner or later.. The MMA was in the same mess once..
    Cant see how it will ever help all clans tho.. The stats need to stand up to scrutiny in order to draw in new membership.. the tool will always remain impersonal.

For the record, my TH12 is done except for some walls. There are hints that wall upgrading will change in the near future so I am not rushing that anyway. My biggest worry is that they will just use the new TH as a diversion to allow people to move on from the recruitment issue. People have short term memories in masses so give them a new toy and they forget there is a serious problem. I don’t see this tool ever working the way Clans need it to. We need something different. We shouldn’t have to leave the game to recruit members to a clan in a clan based game. That is just wrong. The point of this post is to suggest they build us a new recruitment tool first, then give us the shiny new toy. Or at least promise us a new tool before giving us a shiny new Townhall.

PS. I am excited to see the new content, just hard to ignore the big problem.
    Rebel Clan #UOL89UCG

For the record, my TH12 is done except for some walls. There are hints that wall upgrading will change in the near future so I am not rushing that anyway. My biggest worry is that they will just use the new TH as a diversion to allow people to move on from the recruitment issue. People have short term memories in masses so give them a new toy and they forget there is a serious problem. I don’t see this tool ever working the way Clans need it to. We need something different. We shouldn’t have to leave the game to recruit members to a clan in a clan based game. That is just wrong. The point of this post is to suggest they build us a new recruitment tool first, then give us the shiny new toy. Or at least promise us a new tool before giving us a shiny new Townhall.

I'm maxed and never used global to recruit. Dont really care about the in game recruiting. If it eventually works, bonus. With that said, I dont see it as a binary set. Th13 or better tool. Continual improvements on the tool while giving us more content. Hold content and focus only on the recruiting, nope.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

dont think many are suggesting recruitment isnt an issue..
    but recruitment has always been an issue.. The closure of global, combined with a poor tool, has simply drawn more attention to it..

they will no doubt sort it, although, like others, I have my doubts the current model can simply be tweaked..
    But even then , recruitment will still be an issue..
    SC didnt create the excessive numbers of clans, the player base did..
    There will no doubt be many disgruntled ex leaders either moving on, or quitting the game.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:39 AM.