Thread: Why people want to sabotage a newly established hood??

Centennial Club

Why people want to sabotage a newly established hood??

Recently started a new hood, got tired of lazy players.. the ones who took one task and were just sitting on it for a day or so. Started recruiting, no one was interested until we got to Champions League. After that everyone who wanted to joined was a disaster. On Tuesday, the very first day when derby started, they said they couldn't compete or were too busy etc. and that was it... I am just wondering if this happened to you guys as well? I mean my ad was pretty clear what we wanted from a player.. I have been recruiting before and I feel like somehow the situation got worse..?
    Lvl 138, town 39 #ULU2U8Y

It has been pretty bad lately....not just you. People either don’t fully read and comprehend the recruitment thread, the back-and-forth forum messages, the neighborhood house info, the hood messages, or the regular chat.....or they just don’t care. I honestly think a lot of great higher-level players have gotten bored with the game lately...the derbies are kinda exhausting and repetitive...so it’s hard to find the “right” people to fit your playing style and requirements. Hope it gets better soon...for both of us haha

Most of the committed, consistent, dedicated players you seek are already in a good hood. They stay there to protect themselves against the kind of laziness you describe.

Many of the players who are available and looking for new hoods are available because they did not fit in well in their old hood or would not commit to the level the hood wanted.

You sort through a lot of turkeys trying to put together a team of eagles.

Yep...we get one good fit for maybe every 10 or so that join. Still looking for a few more....very painful

As to why - they do not so much want to sabotage the hood, as they probably do not see the same importance as you do with running derby. A lot of players see this as a game, not really important, just for fun. Like miloilomilo said, players who are dedicated to derby are probably already in a hood.

As you are finding out, leading a hood is hard work.

Maybe think about joining an existing hood with same work ethic as you?

Or continue to sort through oysters looking for pearls.

Good luck!

Centennial Club
    Thanks very much for the comments! I think I'll continue to sort out through oysters looking for pearls for a while. I believe there is hope but I understand it is not going to be easy. Been recruiting for different hoods before like few years ago and to be honest it was somehow easier... I just got shocked how things are working lately. It's actually nice to hear that I am not alone with this problem!

Pro Member
    Oh you are NOT alone. The pickings are slim. I just had to boot out one of my elders, she just didn't seem to be able to keep up and never bothered to opt out of the derbies. Derby participation is not required in my neighborhood. But if you are in the derby you do your tasks... not that hard to do.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Centennial Club
    I totally agree Hayfield! I do not understand either why it is so hard for some.... I would feel quite awful... like letting down my team or something if I am not doing my tasks but I guess we are not the same.

After a couple of years of playing in NH’s, I went Solo. It’s FAR better for my blood pressure! It has a few downsides, but I choose them over frustrating, inconsiderate, NH members any day. Socially I have the boards & kik to chat to HD friends.

IF I wanted to play in an NH again (and didn’t have the fabulous open invitations to join friends NH’s that I have), I would find like minded people on the boards and see if they had any spare places & look at the recruitment ads. There’s no way I’d start up another new NH these days, there are just too many users/flakes joining NH’s now.

Good Luck if you persevere trying to fill your NH up!
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)