Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War list ranking

Fresh Spawn

War list ranking

Good morning, I have an important question to ask:
    I could know how the weight of two players is calculated, having the village updated to the maximum in both defenses and troops and heroes. In other words, how is the position established in the war established?
    Thanks

It's indeterminate. I mean SC haven't specified, so the database engine generates the list however it wants - which will depend on something obscure inside the database. (But typically it will be consistent for a while, only changing sometimes when the database does some internal re-organisation)

Or if you want the longer version: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...7#post12195247
    Last edited by OnyxDS; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:25 AM.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

One thing that will matter is the age of the player. If two bases have the same weight but one is newer than the other then the newer player will usually be ranked above the older player on the war map. There could be other things going on but I've noticed that one happen several times.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

The opposite happens in my clan

I've always been curious about this question and I've come to conclusion that roster is ranked by oldest to newest accounts if all the bases are 100% max.
    Drin | Reddit Zulu

Search is your friend ... this topic pops up every x nubmer of weeks and we never get any answer from SuperCell apart from 'there are several factors involved'... just like the CC order [defense, offense, war, friendly war] ...

Quote Originally Posted by DrinCoC View Post
    I've always been curious about this question and I've come to conclusion that roster is ranked by oldest to newest accounts if all the bases are 100% max.
    Except that isn’t always true.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Except that isn’t always true.
    Then what is it? I'm 100% sure that "random" isn't the answer. Roster never changes in my clan for 100% max bases; it's always the same.
    Drin | Reddit Zulu

Quote Originally Posted by DrinCoC View Post
    Then what is it? I'm 100% sure that "random" isn't the answer. Roster never changes in my clan for 100% max bases; it's always the same.
    "Random" and "Indeterminate" are very different things. This is entirely standard in databases - if a (further) sort order isn't specified the DB engien can choose and will tend to produce the same results every time... right up until it doesn't. Or see the link in my first reply.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Elder
    This comes up every few weeks and perhaps we should start examining exactly why it matters to some folks and address that issue rather than the order itself.

As an example, if the only reason you ask is because your clan chooses to attack mirrors, then explaining why mirror attacking really isn't a good strategy would be more helpful. If you have six maxxed TH12s at the top of your map, it doesn't make a whit of difference whether you are position 1 or position 6 since all six of you are equally capable offensively to attack any base in the opponents roster.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:46 PM.