Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clan FWA alliance: a group of people cheating on the rules?

Angry Clan FWA alliance: a group of people cheating on the rules?

Recently i have discovered this "Farm War Alliance", known as FWA, which take turns on war winning so all their members can have maxed bonuses, level up their clans, farm war stars to their profile and so on. I dont really know for how long this have been going on, but it is a considerable community with 587 clans already. They even have a website (here) where you can see participating clans and some data. This is a clear signal of win-trade/collusion, which is clearly against your fair play policy stated in a clan war league post (here), and also stated as Match Fixing under unacceptable behaviors in your fair play policy page (here). This is completely unfair with the other clans that grow on their own effort and skill, and I hope this community will come to an end. I understand that not everyone is a competitive player, but this goes beyond that. This is about a LARGE group of players who have found a way of dodging the matchmaking system to their own advantage.

I couldn't come to a conclusion after reading the fair-play policy. So I thought it would be better to bring this to the forums than to ignore something I felt was wrong.
    All credits for the avatar images for Jayson Soberon. His website can be accessed at behance.net/JsonSobe

Millennial Club
    I don't like FWA as I feel it goes against the spirit of the game, but SC is well aware that these clans exist and have turned a blind eye to the idea of them for as long as they've existed.

FWA clans have been around for ages and supercell has stated that they are not going to be going after them.

It's my opinion that being in a FWA clan is more of a detriment to becoming a more skilled player because you aren't fighting real war bases or working together on strategy. There is no real substitute for war and I don't think farming helps you get better.

I'd say if you were in a good clan that could win about 70% of the time you would make as much loot as a FWA clan only winning 50% of the time.

I think the reason SC doesn't do anything is because it would be hard to police, and FWA are not skewing the rankings of anything. These clans are generally for the super casual players that don't spend time farming.

Should actually be going after self-match clans, I made a detailed post like 6 months ago and still no response from SC.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:34 PM.

I feel the same! But it worries me that this group could keep growing until it starts affecting the game.
    All credits for the avatar images for Jayson Soberon. His website can be accessed at behance.net/JsonSobe

Quote Originally Posted by Akarat1020 View Post
    I feel the same! But it worries me that this group could keep growing until it starts affecting the game.
    Why worry about something that doesnt affect you?
    In what way can it grow into something that will affect the game?

They are farmers, not warriors.. they play the game the way they wish..
    To be fair, you done a lot of digging, to highlight something that everyone is already aware of..
    if you dont like it, use your research as reference for what war size, and breakdown they use, so you can avoid them with your spin..

Anything else they do is immaterial, as they have no effect on anyone elses enjoyment of the game..
    It isnt collusion.. It isnt win trading, as it isnt being done within a competitive environment.. they are above board with everything they do, and have a rigid set of rules that all member clans have to abide to.. So no need to worry mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    FWA clans have been around for ages and supercell has stated that they are not going to be going after them.

It's my opinion that being in a FWA clan is more of a detriment to becoming a more skilled player because you aren't fighting real war bases or working together on strategy. There is no real substitute for war and I don't think farming helps you get better.

I'd say if you were in a good clan that could win about 70% of the time you would make as much loot as a FWA clan only winning 50% of the time.

I think the reason SC doesn't do anything is because it would be hard to police, and FWA are not skewing the rankings of anything. These clans are generally for the super casual players that don't spend time farming.

Should actually be going after self-match clans, I made a detailed post like 6 months ago and still no response from SC.
    Of course it's not going to help you become a better war attacker, it doesn't claim to though.

As far as making the same loot, gross yes, net no. To win in normal wars you have to build normal war armies. To get loot in FWA, with the base setup you can get a star on the top base with goblins/archers and no spells. So, you're looking at a 90+% net profit, sometimes more. Probably you could just use heroes to destroy the TH and have a 100% profit...
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:02 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Of course it's not going to help you become a better war attacker, it doesn't claim to though.

As far as making the same loot, gross yes, net no. To win in normal wars you have to build normal war armies. To get loot in FWA, with the base setup you can get a star on the top base with goblins/archers and no spells. So, you're looking at a 90+% net profit, sometimes more. Probably you could just use heroes to destroy the TH and have a 100% profit...
    The difference wouldn't be that much, I'd say if your clan won around 75% of the time the loot would be comparable since they only win 50%. Even still the actual difference is 1-2 raids at most and the ones that join FWA clans only do it because they dont farm much.

You can actually farm around 50 mil gold and 50 mil elixir in a day so war loot is only a small bonus in comparison.

I like war though and I'm fast at farming so FWA clans don't bother me. When I think of FWA clans, I think it's full of uncle eddy and aunt bettys who log on once a day to get a bit of loot and maybe start an upgrade.

fwa in cwl would be cheating cause they affect 6 other clans

fwa in regular wars effect noone but themselves so i dont see a problem
    I had a signature once. then I misplaced it
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by LokiGodOfChaos View Post
    fwa in cwl would be cheating cause they affect 6 other clans

fwa in regular wars effect noone but themselves so i dont see a problem
    This CWL we had a clan in our group called "Retired 704" and they put up about 15-20 stars a war with like 16 TH12. We fought against a FWA clan in a previous CWL and they had super heavy bases (much heavier than us) and some were easy to 3 star bases but I think they ended up beating us by a small margin because they had twice the TH12.

This was discussed several times in the forums. Darian answered a bit of your questions here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12326238

I have a slightly different view on FWA though.
    First of all it is clearly win trading.
    Second they do have a small progression advantage with easy loot and theire cheap war armies compared to other clans.
    Third they may ruin the war experience if they get matched with normal clans.

SuperCell doesn't really care about FWA though, mainly because there is no ranking system.

And it seems not even in the champ leagues the anti win trading measurements are seriously enforced, not even in the competetive leagues of the CWL. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...being-enforced Results like 45:44 or 44:44 are super easy to detect and highly unlikely in an environment of mainly th12's.

In the end of the day this are SC rules and they need to enforce them. At the moment it doesn't look like they do.