Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Clan FWA alliance: a group of people cheating on the rules?

  1. #11
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    The difference wouldn't be that much, I'd say if your clan won around 75% of the time the loot would be comparable since they only win 50%. Even still the actual difference is 1-2 raids at most and the ones that join FWA clans only do it because they dont farm much.

    You can actually farm around 50 mil gold and 50 mil elixir in a day so war loot is only a small bonus in comparison.

    I like war though and I'm fast at farming so FWA clans don't bother me. When I think of FWA clans, I think it's full of uncle eddy and aunt bettys who log on once a day to get a bit of loot and maybe start an upgrade.
    the war is just another way of making loot. of course it doesn't come close to normal looting, just far less time consuming.

    i was in an FWA clan for awhile and there were tons of farmers that farmed a lot. we would hit near 200k every clan games. the wars were a very small part of the loot most people gained.

    also, most people who war in CWL would be unable to win at 75% clip in normal wars, so there's that lol.... we once matched a clan that was actually hunting FWA clans. we were allowed to do normal war attacks. it was quite entertaining how bad some of the attacks were.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:25 PM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    the war is just another way of making loot. of course it doesn't come close to normal looting, just far less time consuming.

    i was in an FWA clan for awhile and there were tons of farmers that farmed a lot. we would hit near 200k every clan games. the wars were a very small part of the loot most people gained.

    also, most people who war in CWL would be unable to win at 75% clip in normal wars, so there's that lol.... we once matched a clan that was actually hunting FWA clans. we were allowed to do normal war attacks. it was quite entertaining how bad some of the attacks were.
    That's pretty much what I would imagine a FWA clan to be like and why I have never joined one. I play for war and farming/loot is only to better refine my base but there is a big market for people to play like this and they aren't really doing it as something malicious. I think the main reason they are allowed to exist is that they are trying to match other FWA clans but are not trying to accrue win streak and when they match regular clans they are not equipped. It's can be a little disappointing for regular clans to match them because they know they will win but not upset enough to come to the forums to complain.

    FWA is big enough that SC won't ban them because they would lose alot of players, if they really wanted to stop it, it would have to be solved through matchmaking. Identifying FWA clans in the matchmaking process would be incredibly difficult so it is just easier to turn a blind eye.

    It would be sweet if SC would do something about self-match clans that are in pursuit of win streak though. It actually makes me angry that I put the time into doing a big write up about how they could stop self-match clans and no response from Darian or any other SC staff that they have even read it. It seems like they would chat about cats with noobs than improve the integrity of the game.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:52 PM.

  3. #13
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiGodOfChaos View Post
    fwa in cwl would be cheating cause they affect 6 other clans
    In my opinion it depends how a FWA clan acts in CWL. If they put up FWA type bases in all 7 wars, even if there's more than one of them in the same CWL group, then I don't see it as an issue. There they are giving each other clan the same opportunity and making their attacks as they see fit.

    Where it becomes an issue is when 2 clans in a single group work together to get a 45-44 result, likely by using FWA style bases. Then in the other 6 wars they use regular war bases which allow them to give up less stars on defense in those wars. These clans are colluding (working together), but shouldn't be associated with FWA players. The only similarities is the base design they put up in that 1 war. The good news is Supercell is aware of this behavior and has taken steps to identify and punish clans participating in this kind of behavior.

    *Opinions of a non FWA player*

  4. #14
    Forum Superstar joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiGodOfChaos View Post
    fwa in cwl would be cheating cause they affect 6 other clans

    fwa in regular wars effect noone but themselves so i dont see a problem
    But I would think FWA will only apply when doing regular war..
    They are set up to draw another FWA clan, and the association rules decree the outcome..

    For those that enter CWL, they are randomly drawn, within a tier, so become their own entity for the week.. FWA wont care how the clan goes about its business, since it isnt "governed" by them... All is good.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    In my opinion it depends how a FWA clan acts in CWL. If they put up FWA type bases in all 7 wars, even if there's more than one of them in the same CWL group, then I don't see it as an issue. There they are giving each other clan the same opportunity and making their attacks as they see fit.

    Where it becomes an issue is when 2 clans in a single group work together to get a 45-44 result, likely by using FWA style bases. Then in the other 6 wars they use regular war bases which allow them to give up less stars on defense in those wars. These clans are colluding (working together), but shouldn't be associated with FWA players. The only similarities is the base design they put up in that 1 war. The good news is Supercell is aware of this behavior and has taken steps to identify and punish clans participating in this kind of behavior.

    *Opinions of a non FWA player*
    Yes I agree with this too.

    When we faced a FWA clan in CWL they weren't colluding with any other clan and some had easy 3 star bases. It wasn't an issue for me because it affected every other clan in the same way and I was happy because it allowed us to pick up stars on our low bases. I was reminded of it this last CWL when we faced a retired clan except that the FWA clan used more attacks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •