Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question

Question

So I remember from an old thread darian said that the community managers for each game choose which platform for the community. I also noticed that on the supercell website it was said that they were trying to find a new clash royale community manager. If this new manager wanted cr to come to these forums would it happen? Could the clash royale forums come back?
    Thanks
    -Katana

Credit for sig: DragonX101
    Credit for avatar: DragonX101
    Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats
    Interested in GFX? Go here

Forum Champion
    I’d bet no. The CR forums were very toxic and required a ton of moderation. I think CR will stay on Reddit and wouldn’t be surprised to see CoC go there eventually.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    So I remember from an old thread darian said that the community managers for each game choose which platform for the community. I also noticed that on the supercell website it was said that they were trying to find a new clash royale community manager. If this new manager wanted cr to come to these forums would it happen? Could the clash royale forums come back?
    Yes, it could happen. It would entirely depend on the person in the role, though, and they'd probably have to feel really strongly about it to undergo recreating the forum. It's a much easier task to delete the forum than it is to create it, but it was created once, so technically, it could be created again.

As for moderation, I think it wouldn't have to be so difficult. We now have the experience of the prior forum and could head off any problems before they take root. TBH, I think the "Card Balancing" sub-forum was a mistake. It ended up ingraining a belief that every player should get a say on every stat, or which cards to proclaim worthy or unworthy (I'm avoiding the terms that were previously regularly used). I liked the Card Ideas threads a lot, and there was a lot of value in a lot of the posts throughout, but there could be some improvements made based on past experiences.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSkellington View Post
    Yes, it could happen. It would entirely depend on the person in the role, though, and they'd probably have to feel really strongly about it to undergo recreating the forum. It's a much easier task to delete the forum than it is to create it, but it was created once, so technically, it could be created again.

As for moderation, I think it wouldn't have to be so difficult. We now have the experience of the prior forum and could head off any problems before they take root. TBH, I think the "Card Balancing" sub-forum was a mistake. It ended up ingraining a belief that every player should get a say on every stat, or which cards to proclaim worthy or unworthy (I'm avoiding the terms that were previously regularly used). I liked the Card Ideas threads a lot, and there was a lot of value in a lot of the posts throughout, but there could be some improvements made based on past experiences.
    Do the mods choose what sub-forum make it or does the community manager?

Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    Do the mods choose what sub-forum make it or does the community manager?
    I'm not sure how the decisions were made the first time, because it happened before I got my badge, but we've been given greater control over the content of the forum since then, so we have reformatted the sub-forums since then. However, if there were a new Community Manager who wanted to return to the forum, I'm sure we'd listen to whatever ideas they had and collaborate to give the best experience as possible for visitors.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

I'm not sure how the decisions were made the first time, because it happened before I got my badge, but we've been given greater control over the content of the forum since then, so we have reformatted the sub-forums since then. However, if there were a new Community Manager who wanted to return to the forum, I'm sure we'd listen to whatever ideas they had and collaborate to give the best experience as possible for visitors.
    Ok thanks!

Yes, it could happen.
    I can't explain how happy I am just by reading that. I was at that time when it was removed. Would love to be around here too when/if it returns.

Thanks to ClashWithStyle for this awesome signature.
    Want to learn to create your own signature, clan banner or other GFX stuff? Join our GFX Group.

I personally would like to have all sc games to be on forums .. instead of other platforms
    but its upto community managers

Want a Forum Signature? or Forum Avatar?
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*
    GFX group| Clan=Total Balloony | Forum achievements

Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    I personally would like to have all sc games to be on forums .. instead of other platforms
    but its upto community managers
    Same here
    I don't like reddit.....

Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats