Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The money

I'm sure I read supercell staff donated Ä3.2m to the building of a children's hospital in Finland ... nice to be in a position to do that.

I have been playing this game for many years with tremendous enjoyment. I have never spent a cent. Thank you to all those who do support this game financially. I fully understand that without you, the game, supercell, and one of my favorite forms of entertainment would not exist.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

I've only ever spent a small amount on a fishing expansion pack and haven't felt the need to spend anything further - I have plenty of diamonds saved up, more coin than I could ever use etc. BUT I am grateful to those who do spend money and keep the game free for all of us!
    Level 96 - farm started June 2016
    No Town

I buy diamond packs, usually just the special offer ones with deco about 4-5 times a year. I don’t mind spending a bit. I have played almost eight years and I would like to support the game.

Farm level: 239 Silo 11,750 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    ďI think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: ďThe scarecrow made me do itĒ. Quote accredited to dtx275

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    I'm sure I read supercell staff donated Ä3.2m to the building of a children's hospital in Finland ... nice to be in a position to do that.
    I think that's wonderful and hopefully those of us who do buy diamonds/deco have contributed to this and other causes though indirectly.

Thank you Legend for the Sig!
    A song of hope-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    I knew a few days into playing ďfree-to-playĒ HD that it was a game that I could actually play without paying a cent. Ironically, thatís why I started buying diamonds and still do. It may sound strange but itís a criterion of mine. Conversely, if a game maker makes it impossible to really play for free I donít pay and I stop playing.

A few times Iíve gotten really angry at SC - yes yes, the ditches and the dirt! - and withheld my funds for a time but if Iím to be honest, HD prices are generally reasonable and for just a game you get good value for the money spent. [If you donít believe me, please go to your friendly neighbourhood App Store and try to find another FTP game that is not a huge money suck. Theyíre there, mind you, but I donít expect to hear from you for many months.😉]

As for the hospital, thatís a lovely thing. It is almost as lovely a thing that itís evidence that the company truly distributes some of its vast wealth to the workers that help make it happen.

Iím still holding out hope that the game will run another charity diamond spend...this time for water.💦 I will happily contribute to any legitimate effort to dig wells and bring water to people who desperately need it.
    Last edited by BostonGirl; November 8th, 2019 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Clarification

in 5 years, i spend more in this game than for a pc game ... but i'm on it for 5 years, almost every day and i don't even think to stop ... so if a decoration of a booster offer is good for me at the moment that it goes out, why not ... never bought diamonds alone, but in a pack, with something else, that's ok for me ...

ok, it's a free-to-play, so it's ok to play it free if you want ... but, for me, with all the work behind that game, i feel the need to say to te team, well done and continue ... and the best way is still to pay ...
    Farm 146 ... Town 47 My goal is to have my level 150 with my town at 50 ... yeah crazy

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    ...Iím still holding out hope that the game will run another charity diamond spend...this time for water.💦 I will happily contribute to any legitimate effort to dig wells and bring water to people who desperately need it.
    Was this actually a thing (before my time) BG? This is a great idea. SC could identify particular needs in different areas, and those who wished to donate in this manner could, and those who don't, simply carry on.

Thank you Legend for the Sig!
    A song of hope-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Was this actually a thing (before my time) BG? This is a great idea. SC could identify particular needs in different areas, and those who wished to donate in this manner could, and those who don't, simply carry on.
    IIRC, I think Supercell introduced the charity campaign in 2015, the same year I started posting in the HD subforum. It was for something called The Big Red Project. Players may donate to the charity by buying a diamond package. But it was controversial because only iOS users may donate and Android players weren't offered the opportunity to buy the diamond package.

Sadly, I don't recall if Supercell explained why they excluded Android players from donating to the charity via the game.

---
    Lynn
    November 8, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; November 8th, 2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    IIRC, I think Supercell introduced the charity campaign in 2015, the same year I started posting in the HD subforum. It was for something called The Big Red Project. Players may donate to the charity by buying a diamond package. But it was controversial because only iOS users may donate and Android players weren't offered the opportunity to buy the diamond package.

Sadly, I don't recall if Supercell explained why they excluded Android players from donating to the charity via the game.

---
    Lynn
    November 8, 2019
    What Lynn said. I donít know why but I thought that were two campaigns. One gave a panda statue as a gift and the other just changed your roadside stand canopy (if you wanted it to).

I think (subject to correction) that the Big Red Project is an Apple thing and SC and maybe two other companies joined in the effort that time. So itís likely that was the reason it was limited to the App Store. I hope SC can find a way to do something similar without ticking off a sizeable portion of its gaming community.