Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Champ II , only 6 opponents

I guess whoever been that unlucky clan to been left out of a search, no ones been on the forums here to cry about it, I thought they would do like any sporting events do and just have a bye each round

Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    I guess whoever been that unlucky clan to been left out of a search, no ones been on the forums here to cry about it, I thought they would do like any sporting events do and just have a bye each round
    It depends on when they started their group search, e.g. press the button 5 minutes before the opt-in closes and cry after publicly isn't very likely. And it depends what the ingame message for this unlucky clan is and if there is a possible compensation from SC for not finding a group.

Two things are for sure there are only groups of 8 clans and very few groups of 6 clans, no matter how many times you add them, the number will never be odd. So one clan bites the dust in every tier in a worst case scenario if all of them have odd numbers of clans registered.
    Last edited by higgsbosons; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    It depends on when they started their group search, e.g. press the button 5 minutes before the opt-in closes and cry after publicly isn't very likely. And it depends what the ingame message for this unlucky clan is and if there is a possible compensation from SC for not finding a group.

Two things are for sure there are only groups of 8 clans and very few groups of 6 clans, no matter how many times you add them, the number will never be odd. So one clan bites the dust in every tier in a worst case scenario if all of them have odd numbers of clans registered.
    But they need not leave anyone out.. Just drop one of the 8 clan groups to 6, and make up 2 groups of 6 with that odd man out.

And since its done after closure, nobody would know they were almost left on the fence.. Is prob why they group so many after window shuts.. Nobody else can enrol then.. Everybody guaranteed
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:44 AM.

Yes they do one mass grouping near the end, most cases a clan entering the search 2 hours to go will be matched at the end like the clan entering 5 mins to go

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    But they need not leave anyone out.. Just drop one of the 8 clan groups to 6, and make up 2 groups of 6 with that odd man out.
    Let's say they are 15 clans left to be matched.

Could you explain how you would create groups of either 8 or 6 clans and leave no clan out?
    Last edited by higgsbosons; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:14 PM.

[QUOTE=higgsbosons;12397946]Let's say they are 15 clans left to be matched.

Yeah.. Fair comment.. I took it at face value that everyone matches (and get to war each day).. Just tried doing the maths, but cant use all even groups if there is an uneven number entered.. Of which there is always 50% chance of that..
    hadnt tried it out till now.. But even lowering participants leaves one spare each time..

My bad.. now I actually took the time.. Guess the only way is to have one odd group.. Each clan having a day off is better than somebody missing out altogether..

You got me..