Thread: Base Download

Pro Member

Base Download

Has been pointed out to me by clanmate that instead of tediously copying bases (or making own) - they can be copied from clanmate (which I knew) - but can also be downloaded off certain internet sites straight into game. Have to say was dubious of the later. But was given clashofclans.com and it does appear this function is available.

1. Could someone confirm that the above site is affiliated with supercell?? It appears to be?!

2. And also that this porting in does in fact work and won’t corrupt my game in anyway???
    Some MCES bases from the world championship are on there and would like to try but only if is all above board.

3. If anyone has tried it are other sites ok??

4. If this all does work can some clever person explain (in simple terms) how it works?? - as I would have thought if it did it would somehow alter in game ‘things’ ‘programming’ - which is why I can’t see it ‘should’ work as why not download a million gems etc????? (Which would be ludicrous).

Some have said this download thing has been available for quite a while and haven’t had any probs with it. but I’m old and grumpy and don’t trust these technosavy wippersnappers and wonder if I should not even try.

I use an app called clash basepedia which let's you choose from an entire library of bases and copies it straight into clash
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; November 2nd, 2019 at 06:15 PM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 60 | AQ 61 | GW 21 |

Pro Member
    Ok thx Phoenix- am pretty surprised Tbh.
    But will give it a try then - I thought they were pulling my leg!

Just been chatting in game they also saying that sites exist were all sorts of info/stats etc can be pulled out of game re individuals and clans even down to who donated what etc (“who gave me those wall breaker’s???!!!!).

So whilst I don’t understand it, seem like some great things I didn’t know about.

Base links can be shared in game, to clan chat, or as a regular link outside the game. This is the case for both the HV and the BB. You’ll find this is how most YouTube channels share bases now. There are a few sources for bases though, besides YT, including Clash Champs by Agester (one of the folks I met in Hamburg at the ESL championships). I also post links to bases on my YT channel as well.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

1. Yes, the site you mentioned is official Supercell site.

2. & 3. Base linking is relatively new feature but it is officially supported by Supercell. However, you probably shouldn't click any links randomly (like anywhere in the internet), because it's possible to make the link appear as a base building link but in fact it could be something else. If the link is real, it takes you inside the clash of clans base editor with everything ready built and you just have to click the 'save' button. Best way to ensure you only click real links is to follow well-known YouTubers or official Supercell sites only.

4. I can't talk about programming or anything technical, but how it works - it's just a link that duplicates a certain base design to your in-game base editor. So it's not messing up your game files or anything like that. It's a shortcut to use base editor faster. That's why it's not a cheat or anything fishy. And it was Supercell who officially launched it, it's not a player made feature.

Hope this helps, it's always good to ask when you're not sure about things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I use an app called clash basepedia which let's you choose from an entire library of bases and copies it straight into clash
    i have this , it's bit low on loading , but i recommend this too

Level 258Maxed TH13

Quote Originally Posted by Zax View Post
    ...Just been chatting in game they also saying that sites exist were all sorts of info/stats etc can be pulled out of game re individuals and clans even down to who donated what etc (“who gave me those wall breaker’s???!!!!).

So whilst I don’t understand it, seem like some great things I didn’t know about.
    The whole data that many websites provide is based on the API (Application Programming Interface), which is raw data that SC makes available for some number crunchers... there’s a whole subforum here on that: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...h-of-Clans-API
    There are multiple websites, not affiliated with SC, that use the data and render it in many useful ways, such as clashofstats.com, clashleaders.com, cocp.it, etc. These can provide helpful information on various players.
    Determining who donated what to whom is also available in the API, but can be extremely difficult to find, still is possible for the real experienced users (is not provided by the standard number crunchers website I listed).

My view on these sites (short summary):
    clashofstats.com: detailed stats rendering of players, clans, rankings, wars/cwl, ...
    clashleaders.com: clan tracking, for activity for ex...
    cocp.it: more specifically war stats.
    You only need to know a player or clan tag, and hours of time to navigate these sites . Very useful information for new recruits or finding old friends, etc...

Pro Member
    Brilliant thx so much Noctaire, Sifa, Hooman, Palu- all really good stuff from you all that fully explains what I was after. I will no doubt never understand the technical stuff except vaguely.
    I’m pleased I can be sure it’s all fine - but am ultra paranoid about internet stuff (the random clicking sifa was talking about is certainly not for me).
    Thanks everyone so much, extremely impressive community response!
    Last edited by Zax; November 2nd, 2019 at 11:44 PM.