Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Obstacle Spawn Rate

Obstacle Spawn Rate

Anyone else only getting one obstacle a day? Main base has so many special obstacles I don't spawn regular ones so the seasonal remove obstacle challenge is accomplished through BB obstacles. At one spawn per day, it will take me 25 days to complete. I used to get at least two, the log and the stump. Now it is just one or the other

Do you still have the Old Barbarian Statue? If you're removing obstacles for challenges, you can remove each grass.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    Do you still have the Old Barbarian Statue? If you're removing obstacles for challenges, you can remove each grass.
    I do and I will. THANKS IceBird.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Anyone else only getting one obstacle a day? Main base has so many special obstacles I don't spawn regular ones so the seasonal remove obstacle challenge is accomplished through BB obstacles. At one spawn per day, it will take me 25 days to complete. I used to get at least two, the log and the stump. Now it is just one or the other
    Reduce the number of seasonal obstacles to about 40 and normal obstacles will start spawning at the usual "once every 8 hour" rate.

The spawn rate on the Builder Base should be around "once every 8 hours" too, unless it has been changed since I last checked.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

I'm also noticing less obstacles spawning on my builder base, definitely less than once per 8 hours. It's about once per day now
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 58 | AQ 60 | GW 21 |

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    You can?
    Never knew that....

Credit for sig: DragonX101
    Credit for avatar: DragonX101
    Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats
    Interested in GFX? Go here

I've been wanting to post about this for about the past week. Since the last update it definitely appears that the spawn rate of obstacles on the BB has decreased.

One of my BH9s does not have Otto (home village is still TH9) and it has 22 obstacles that I've been keeping around for like the last two years (some rocks, groves, stumps, glowy lanterns, head statue). Up until a couple weeks ago, 3 new obstacles/day was the norm -- I'd do a 4-5 day upgrade and about 12 obstacles would accumulate. Grass had no impact (i.e. grass growing back did not affect 3 obstacles per day; I tested it).

Right now my L9 multimortar upgrade has been upgrading for 3-4 days (11 hours left of 5 day total; I've done 3 boosts per day) and my base has only 6 new obstacles spawned. There are supposed to be about 10 per the 3/day spawn rate.
    Last edited by JohnnyPC; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:29 PM.

Less for me as well, I figure the change was to offset the gem mine production.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Reduce the number of seasonal obstacles to about 40 and normal obstacles will start spawning at the usual "once every 8 hour" rate.

The spawn rate on the Builder Base should be around "once every 8 hours" too, unless it has been changed since I last checked.

/Affront
    From the Wiki, which I refereed in the post above

Vegetation respawns at a rate of one item per eight hours, except if all the spaces in your village are totally filled. Furthermore, an obstacle will only spawn if there is a 1-tile buffer zone between the spaces in which it will spawn and another building or obstacle.

"once every 8 hours" is .. far, far from what I myself have observed over the last few days.

"one spawn event a day" seems closer to the actual spawn rate.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

It's been 14 hours since my first post above, my multimortar is finished and I just cleared those 6 obstacles. Nothing new has spawned in that time.