Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Obstacle Spawn Rate

Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    Heres what you do when you get low.
    Buy the statue of the barb and keep the obstacle, then you will have double grass spawners
    I think the point of people's concern is that gem income from obstacles on the BB was apparently cut by 1/3. Who cares about grass?

Plus, we weren't notified about this change. So is it a bug or was it a secret change? I'm guessing it was a secret change. They intentionally didn't put it in the release notes because people would have flipped out whether they actually care or not. By the time people notice (if they ever notice), they won't know how long the change was in place and they'll tend to care less. This way there is less atomic fallout from a change that takes something from us. It took just long enough for this thread to appear, and then SC is like: "Look over here, TH13!!" and we chase the squirrel leaving the BB obstacles behind.
    Last edited by JohnnyPC; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    1 day since my last post and a small tree appeared today. That's it, just one obstacle in a day, not 3.

I also started a 5 day upgrade of my giant cannon. When that completes, if I remember, I can come back here to report how many new obstacles spawned (the BB I'm monitoring doesn't have Otto so I can't unconsciously remove obstacles during the upgrade). All evidence seems to point toward a hidden change in a recent update.
    My 5 day upgrade finished. I didn't miss any boosts (3/day), so it's been more like 4.5 days. 6 obstacles spawned during that time.

Update since my very first post: I only remove obstacles from BB. I have removed every obstacle that has spawned since the beginning of the season to complete the gardening exercise challenge. As of now I have cleared 16 obstacles, that's about one spawn every 15 or 16 hours. I first noticed the change last season during the same obstacle removal challenge. It is clear from the posts that this is not just me and likely a tweak made to the game. Thanks for responding...
    Last edited by Flashpoint; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:05 AM.

Centennial Club

Obstacle spawn rate reduced?

I’m sinking low and crossing forums sorry. Was the spawn rate of trees and shrubs on bb drastically reduced intentionally or by error? Any acknowledgement either way would be appreciated.
    Looking for warriors to join our family!
    Winterfell 1775
    #9JVVCLGG
    Est. 10.1.14

I felt that too

I have to agree that it certainly feels like BB obstacle spawn rate is lower.

IMO it is indeed lower... it takes me almost a full month to get the 25 obstacles challenge.

I only needed 7 days to reach 23 obstacles removed from the both bases (that's about 3 obstacles spawned per day from both bases). And then there was nothing spawned on both bases on the 8th day (weird day for me as I was looking to clear out that season challenge). The challenge was completed on the 9th day though with each base spawn the last 2 obstacles.

I don't remove any of the tall grass, but that is a way to get the challenge done fast and cheap.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:11 AM.

Centennial Club
    I think seasonal obstacles count towards the maximum obstacle limit. I had no random obstacles spawn at all until I got rid of a few duplicated seasonal obstacles.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Yes the rate of obstacles spawning on the Builder Base is slower than that of the Home Village.

(and Onyxia Deep Breaths more frequently)
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett