Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I lost my account thanks to automated leader demotion Can I get it back in th future?

Fresh Spawn

Question I lost my account thanks to automated leader demotion Can I get it back in th future?

Hello guys. I had a clan that was very well organized and performed well in wars. I loved to play but for personal reasons I decided to set my clan in "hiatus mode".

But now I'm back, I even invited my friends to play together and we are ready to continue our clan's story.
    The problem is, I found out that CoC auto downgraded my Leader account to Member account. I read that only Co-leader and Elder can be auto promoted, so I'll never get my clan back as I'm just Member?

I tried to contact support but I only get automatic messages. :/

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...s-never-online

A Leader has to have been inactive for 90 days for the auto-rotation to kick in as a Clan without a Leader for that length of time is liable to feel abandoned (and we used to see many "our Leader is never online please can you make me Leader" threads).

You would need to ask the new Leader to promote you.

Fresh Spawn
    I understand the auto-rotation process and why it was implemented in the game. What I don't get is why the former Leader is demoted to Member, so it is impossible for us to have a chance to take control of the clan again in the future.

My account should have been demoted to Co-Leader or Elder so this way I would have a chance in case the new Leader become inactive.
    Now the clan is lost as the new leader is not playing anymore

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas77 View Post
    I understand the auto-rotation process and why it was implemented in the game. What I don't get is why the former Leader is demoted to Member, so it is impossible for us to have a chance to take control of the clan again in the future.

My account should have been demoted to Co-Leader or Elder so this way I would have a chance in case the new Leader become inactive.
    I believe that it was implemented (Leader demoted to Member) to prevent an endless cycle where the previous Leader (assuming they're still inactive) is promoted back to their original position after all other Co-Leader and Elder have temporarily become Leader after each 90 day cycle.

TC, it is you who is a fault for going on "vacation" and being an irresponsible Leader.

Your only course of action are as follows if you "must" be Leader: convenes the new Leader to return that position back to you (and stay active(!)) or create a new clan (again; stay active(!!!!!!!)).

Those are your only courses of action if you "must" be a Leader of a clan.
    Last edited by LapDawg; November 2nd, 2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added Minor Information.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    TC, it is you who is a fault for going on "vacation" and being an irresponsible Leader.

Your only course of action are as follows if you "must" be Leader: convenes the new Leader to return that position back to you (and stay active(!)) or create a new clan (again; stay active(!!!!!!!)).

Those are your only courses of action if you "must" be a Leader of a clan.
    "Irresponsible leader"? really?
    Before going on "vacation" I explained to everyone the reasons that the clan would be on hiatus for a long time. And I said for now they should go to another clan.
    4 of the members are my friends in real life and I have WhatsApp from most other members.
    I didn't abandon my clan overnight without an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    I believe that it was implemented (Leader demoted to Member) to prevent an endless cycle where the previous Leader (assuming they're still inactive) is promoted back to their original position after all other Co-Leader and Elder have temporarily become Leader after each 90 day cycle.
    This is wrong as former leaders can return to play at any time, they don't deserve a chance? As with my situation, Supercell's changes only made the situation worse (and I'm sure other players are having the same problem)

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    TC, then you should've appointed one of your friends to take the role of Leader on the condition they give it back to you while they also having to stay active. That way you can have your Leadership back when you returned.

I also assumed you were one of those Leaders who left the game without notice and that is one of several reasons this system was implemented in the first place. Those are the Leaders who are irresponsible when they took their "vacation" from the game and their clan.

Pro Member
    I’m guessing that you’ve asked the New Leader for your Clan back & he/she has either refused or ignored you?

Hello guys. I had a clan that was very well organized and performed well in wars. I loved to play but for personal reasons I decided to set my clan in "hiatus mode".

But now I'm back, I even invited my friends to play together and we are ready to continue our clan's story.
    The problem is, I found out that CoC auto downgraded my Leader account to Member account. I read that only Co-leader and Elder can be auto promoted, so I'll never get my clan back as I'm just Member?

I tried to contact support but I only get automatic messages. :/

If this is the case, the new leader will succumb to the same fate as you within 90 days, and lose his or her leadership position. If there are other co-leaders in your clan active, then get one of them to promote you to co-leader. You may find yourself next in line to become leader once the other leader loses the leadership.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!

Lucas.. It is maybe a little unfortunate for you, that SC decided to take action regarding inactive clan leaders whilst you were on your down time..
    But be that as it may, action was deemed to be required, and an automated system was put into place so human intervention is not required..

So far as being downgraded to member.. It has already been stated that its to prevent a constant cycle.
    It is what it is mate.. It is here to stay.

The only way to have done it would to have kicked all / but leaving in your mates and closed the clan, then you could have re-opened it once hiatus over; or you should have stepped down as leader and made a trusted person leader.

I know of a friend's account no longer in my clan, because I had to let him go after a while of grieving - he's been dead in real life for 4 years now and his account was still active for over 2 years before it dissapeared. The older we get the more problems occur.
    Last edited by 0x0000000167; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:56 AM.