Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Goat milk task!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lwong81 View Post
    So you will spend diamonds
    If you don't want to use diamonds DON'T it's quite easy.

HOWEVER people purchasing diamonds is how Supercell make money, they need to make money to pay the wages of the programmers, customer service, clerks & even the cleaners. They need to pay rent/mortgage, rates, power etc etc.

So yes there may be activities built into the game which tempt you to use diamonds & spend real money. It is your choice how much if any real money you spend, I have a monthly budget, similar to what some would spend on latte, and when that is gone it's gone.

But you can also play this game for free and receive free diamonds so you can participate and advance within the game, albeit at a slower rate than if you spent real money. There are not a lot of games or "real life" activities that give you that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizdiz View Post
    If you don't want to use diamonds DON'T it's quite easy.

HOWEVER people purchasing diamonds is how Supercell make money, they need to make money to pay the wages of the programmers, customer service, clerks & even the cleaners. They need to pay rent/mortgage, rates, power etc etc.

So yes there may be activities built into the game which tempt you to use diamonds & spend real money. It is your choice how much if any real money you spend, I have a monthly budget, similar to what some would spend on latte, and when that is gone it's gone.

But you can also play this game for free and receive free diamonds so you can participate and advance within the game, albeit at a slower rate than if you spent real money. There are not a lot of games or "real life" activities that give you that option.
    Well said.
    Also, most free games flood you with ads. Hay Day does not. That alone is worth a lot to me.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    I do sometimes like to take such a task overnight. One round of collecting in the evening (for flexibility purposes I collect from animals strategically during derby) and one again in the morning and voila itís done and didnít hurt one bit that I was sleeping.
    I take a task which isnít all that popular from the board and others who have more time in their hands at that time can choose different task. Win-win in my book.

I certainly wouldnít pay diamonds to collect that 1 goat milk and donít feel pressured or persuaded to spend them on an extra goat milk in any way either.
    Itís just a matter of picking the right task at the right time and certain tasks are excellent for overnight and others are much better if you can babysit the game more closely.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    These are always especially wonderful for mystery derbies. I think I have pulled one every mystery derby I have ever done.
    I have to delete them when I get them in the mystery derby I only have 4 goat and no space to put more (and also I don't feel I need more than 4). Even when I have 4 goats ready at the start of the task, there is not enough time to get all the needed milk off 4 goats. Luckily for me it has only happened once so far. I hope that there is some programming in the mystery derby that prevents players from getting tasks that they are unable to complete. (Hopefully I haven't destroyed my luck with this post).
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I have to delete them when I get them in the mystery derby I only have 4 goat and no space to put more (and also I don't feel I need more than 4). Even when I have 4 goats ready at the start of the task, there is not enough time to get all the needed milk off 4 goats. Luckily for me it has only happened once so far. I hope that there is some programming in the mystery derby that prevents players from getting tasks that they are unable to complete. (Hopefully I haven't destroyed my luck with this post).
    If there were such mechanisms in the game - to use your example - that players like yourself couldnít get a goat milk task in mystery derby because you choose to only have 4 goats then I do believe that would ultimately break the game. Players would create highly ďengineeredĒ farms to gain a competitive advantage over others when such mechanisms were to exist, just like in clash certain people highly engineered bases and or war line up to have a competitive advantage in clan wars in clash. (Since according to your signature you play both I figured I could use this example)

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    If there were such mechanisms in the game - to use your example - that players like yourself couldn’t get a goat milk task in mystery derby because you choose to only have 4 goats then I do believe that would ultimately break the game. Players would create highly “engineered” farms to gain a competitive advantage over others when such mechanisms were to exist, just like in clash certain people highly engineered bases and or war line up to have a competitive advantage in clan wars in clash. (Since according to your signature you play both I figured I could use this example)
    I see what you mean from that clash of clans comparison even tho I couldn't imagine engineers in HayDay but I guess you are right and I am not competitive enough to even think about this. For me it is a genuine lack of space as I (try to) keep all original trees and would rather decorate my farm than put more animals than I need on the land. But then there are other players who do "crazy" (IMHO) things to be on a global event leaderboard for a week or on the boat leaderbord or the derby leaderboard...
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

On the subject of goats, I wish I had only four. I have eight and it is more than enough for my uses. I only had nine pigs and sheep for feeding convenience until the Derby came along...I added a tenth pig and sheep...then I added the last full pen of sheep for some Derby reason...

I keep as many original trees as possible and all my animal pens are partially in the shade of the trees. The greyed-out collecting/feeding feature means they can’t hide from me.

Finally, my new least favorite why-would-anyone-choose-it Derby task is the bright bouquet. It take 5 iron ore for each one and I believe the quantity is 25 for the task. At any rate, before my NH agreed to trash it, I figured it would take about 150 iron ore. My mining gnomes would have gone on strike.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    On the subject of goats, I wish I had only four. I have eight and it is more than enough for my uses. I only had nine pigs and sheep for feeding convenience until the Derby came along...I added a tenth pig and sheep...then I added the last full pen of sheep for some Derby reason...

I keep as many original trees as possible and all my animal pens are partially in the shade of the trees. The greyed-out collecting/feeding feature means they can’t hide from me.

Finally, my new least favorite why-would-anyone-choose-it Derby task is the bright bouquet. It take 5 iron ore for each one and I believe the quantity is 25 for the task. At any rate, before my NH agreed to trash it, I figured it would take about 150 iron ore. My mining gnomes would have gone on strike.
    The Bright Bouquet derby task requires 28. If I get it in a regular derby I'd delete, but in case I get it in a Mystery Derby where this task is in a logistically important spot, I am starting to collect lots of iron ores. They only require 20 minutes each and need 9H 20 min. After I finish stacking for the Rustic Bouqet (no info yet on how many needed but I am guessing around 16), I might start stacking a few Bright Bouquets.

As for the number of farm animals to keep, personally I keep all the max and it's useful when I get a Feeding task either for the derby or the valley. I have enough space on my farm, so why not? Feeding when I have time gives me XP and gifts.

Don't have to play it. I always trash any task with goat milk in it along with any other lengthy tasks. Otherwise someone will actually take it and get bogged down taking days to play a derby.