Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: It this acceptable conduct

  1. #21
    Senior Member juvi1624's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    445
    Couldn't you have done the same thing before they removed global? I don't understand why you are so concerned about this now. Whether global was there or not, you still had plenty of clan hoppers looking for recruits to poach.

  2. #22
    Warriors are OP Mico11813's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    877
    I personally don't see anything wrong with it. If you identify a few players on your travels that would be a good fit for your clan, are potentially considering their current situation and clan invites are green then why not.




    TH12 LEVEL 205 | BK 63 AQ 65 GW 38 | Est FEB 2015
    Thanos did nothing wrong

  3. #23
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,383
    I don't have any issue with it. People are free to come and go, if they choose to leave after receiving an invite from elsewhere, best of luck to them. Good friends won't leave, people who don't like what's going on in their current should be encouraged to find a home where they belong and feel welcome and useful. Ultimately part of running a clan is keeping your clanmates engaged and happy, if they are, then they won't leave.

  4. #24
    Senior Member lMACl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by juvi1624 View Post
    Couldn't you have done the same thing before they removed global? I don't understand why you are so concerned about this now. Whether global was there or not, you still had plenty of clan hoppers looking for recruits to poach.
    Ever since the latest update, how many people have requested to join your clan? Secondly, if you are opted to receive, have you been sent invites?

    Now if you request to join somewhere you are left waiting for someone to accept. By that time, you are poaching a player with status or you logged out because they are inactive. Seems like more work involved for these poachers.

    I believe it was far easier before because global was a desperate place everyday. Poaching was nothing. I don't see people having the same success now that clans are in charge of regulating the social aspects of the game.

  5. #25
    Senior Member juvi1624's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by lMACl View Post
    Ever since the latest update, how many people have requested to join your clan? Secondly, if you are opted to receive, have you been sent invites?

    Now if you request to join somewhere you are left waiting for someone to accept. By that time, you are poaching a player with status or you logged out because they are inactive. Seems like more work involved for these poachers.

    I believe it was far easier before because global was a desperate place everyday. Poaching was nothing. I don't see people having the same success now that clans are in charge of regulating the social aspects of the game.
    I wouldn't say we've had any more people request to join our clan than normal. But our clan never relied on global for recruiting, we use the forums and reddit to bump a recruitment post every few days so we always have an influx of people requesting every few days. And I don't think I've received a single invite to join another clan, even though I have accept invites turned on.

  6. #26
    Forum Veteran Unfettered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Eating Boar In Your Town Hall
    Posts
    1,730
    Whether this represents acceptable or non-acceptable behaviour perhaps misses the mark. Clashers will come and go from Clans in this game for a myriad of reasons - many of which are not communicated to the clan leader prior to leaving. It is up to the Clan leader to provide the leadership and playing environment that leads to the retention of those members into a cohesive unit.

    If people choose to leave a clan, including someone coming in and "talking up" a better game that lures them away so be it - perhaps those that leave as a result were not worth keeping to begin with and/or the clan environment was not right for them. In other words do not loose sleep over players that are "poached" or otherwise leave a Clan - life is too short.

    In the real world good, medium and poor performers leave corporations and businesses all the the time - if the reason is known it can only inform the leader if adjustments need to be made in the Corporate/business leadership/structure/environment.
    Last edited by Unfettered; October 31st, 2019 at 02:35 PM.
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |



  7. #27
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered View Post
    Whether this represents acceptable or non-acceptable behaviour perhaps misses the mark. Clashers will come and go from Clans in this game for a myriad of reasons - many of which are not communicated to the clan leader prior to leaving. It is up to the Clan leader to provide the leadership and playing environment that leads to the retention of those members into a cohesive unit.

    If people choose to leave a clan, including someone coming in and "talking up" a better game that lures them away so be it - perhaps those that leave as a result were not worth keeping to begin with and/or the clan environment was not right for them. In other words do not loose sleep over players that are "poached" or otherwise leave a Clan - life is too short.

    In the real world good, medium and poor performers leave corporations and businesses all the the time - if the reason is known it can only inform the leader if adjustments need to be made in the Corporate/business leadership/structure/environment.
    Exactly right. If you are concerned about folks being poached from your clan, perhaps you should looking really closely to figure out why they would even consider being poached. Something must not be right with either them or the clan for them to be open to the idea.

  8. #28
    Forum Elder PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,176
    Although, if any of my accounts receive an invite I respond by looking at the clan and sending invites to all their biggest donors.

    Of course it is yet to bear fruit, but in the meantime we are all trying new things to recruit.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; November 1st, 2019 at 02:34 AM.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

  9. #29
    Elite KatanaMaster12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    This thread
    Posts
    1,337
    Really op?

  10. #30
    Forum Elder PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    Really op?
    He is just proposing the long con version of sending invites to other players in other clans. It requires more investment but could get you a better recruit.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •