Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It this acceptable conduct

I personally recruit members who are clan-less , even while I was a elder / CO of my previous clan
    or as a Leader of my current clan .
    I don't see why people cant search for a clan while they are part of a clan? / Recruit a member who
    is part of a clan and looking for a change.
    It is acceptable conduct<Poaching> , but I don't want to follow it - not my style <not a fan of head hunting
    >

Want a Forum Signature? or Forum Avatar?
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*
    GFX group| Clan=Total Balloony | Forum achievements

I like the fact that you are using innovative recruiting.

Really, any plan that goes beyond typing "join" and throwing it in front of a random group of trolls, noobs and hoppers has got to be an improvement over global.

I have struggled with the poaching question myself. I try to rationalize that I am only poaching from doomed clans anyway. I search up a few tiny clans in my region (United States) and send invites to players with a league badge. My thinking is since nearly all clans with fewer than 5 members are doomed to fail I am really offering them a better opportunity. But I am poaching.

My clan has shrunk from 50 to 42. Admittedly, those who left were provisional recruits, yet to prove themselves worthy. But we are struggling to replace them.

Until the next round of improvements to the recruiting tool, poaching is part of a survival strategy.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

If the game allows you to do it, then no one can say it’s unfair. Similar to spying in war. It’s allowed within the game parameters. Anyone can do it. Therefore it’s fair.
    Is it ethical? Mmmm....... maybe not. Should you be that concerned about “ethics” in a game? Mmmmm.... open for debate.
    (We personally do not allow spying in our clan family, and we take precautions to guard against it, as should any leader with half a brain)

That being said, I doubt what you’re suggesting would have much success. If I saw that I would just assume you’re a clan hopper, and wouldn’t want to follow you anywhere.
    Last edited by Kirky519; October 31st, 2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 18 War Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    BC Recruitment Thread: http://Tinyurl.Com/k6fmzv6
    Discord: http://Tinyurl.com/discordbc

Quote Originally Posted by SifaVision View Post
    That's ridiculous amount of effort when there's no guarantee anyone would actually follow you - or if they do, would they still be good members in the long run. Do this regularly and you'd have to spend most of your time away from your home clan and who knows, things could get worse there when you're gone.
    To be fair to Viking, he has the personality to pull it off.. Is a pleasure to do war with..
    So far as always being away from the clan, he has an account or two..
    There are many that sit in a clan, but are ready to jump at the chance.. That is just a part and parcel of the game..

People can always do what I do to ensure loyalty.. All the accounts are mine.. I will really be peeved if anyone gets poached from my clan (although Major already took one away)

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lMACl View Post
    Have been doing this for years when global was a "thing", Viking. I don't feel that it is low. I feel that your time was limited when in global at times. You meet people, you friend people, you keep tabs.

I am that scum you talk about where I travel, socialize with people I met along the way, do a couple of wars and go on my merry way. Only difference is, it wasn't for recruitment purposes. It was just for the social aspect of it at times and seeing what other clans were doing. Others would do the same with me. I have been a part of some epic wars because of it! Overall, it helped us network. Build numerous clans to work as one for certain goals. I mainly put it together so everybody could max out games and participate in CWL.

Good laughs happened in global, best bonds were created through travels. I feel this will be the only way to create anymore bonds, is to travel and be a so called "hopper" lol.

Does your clan need a TH12, 65.65.40 heroes? Just for a war or two? Hehe I'm friendly and donate a ton . Kinda jabber a bit too.
    Thats a pretty cool strategy as long as you open that you just coming for a few wars and your happy to have members of that clan join you for a few wars. You build a huge network and players naturally come and go. Makes Clash more fun too. i used to do something similar Except We always agreed not to allow each others players join one another unless they got permission to change clans, as it turned out quit a few players changed clans as some clans simply suited them better, and interestingly there was not a single case where any clan leader said players couldnt go, in fact the norm was you could go and return to your same rank If you want. My view is our clan isnt a jail, come and go as you please as much as you want. The agreement was necessary to keep the peace between the clan leadership involved to avoid suspicioun, but it was never enforced and eventually no one ever brought it up. In my clan players were free to leave and join any clan for as lomg as they wanted and were welcomed back even after a year with open arms and rank they left.

Specifically targeting clans to prep on their members feels different though, very cynical, pretty mean. i know its a war game and all, not sure I could ever go that far. i dont even spy, i think its bad for the game. Kills recruiting.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

If they have opted in for clan invites, then its no problem imo. If a player is close to leaving his clan, I dont see why you shouldnt put yourself in front of the line to pick them up.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Dont worry Princess, you would know you had viking on board if he were there lol..
    English isnt his first language for starters.. He lives wrong side of the wall.

BTW Viking.. Am gonna watch your donation levels from now on, once I jump back to the clan..
    Hold on, lets just be clear, this is not something I am actually doing, Im just trying to compile a list of alternate recruitment strategiese. When I generate alternatives I dont judge the options negatively until I explore the upside. I am at the point now where I need to evaluate the downside, and of course one is time (as suggested) another is hopper image (which could be managed) and the big one is of course ethics.

For me, who wont even spy, this feels very wrong. But there is some grey area. The entire system (aside from being broken) relies heavily on blind poaching. And If you willing to poach, well, is it any worse just because you meat the people? Again intuition screams yes its not even close to the same thing, but in principle I dont know. I do accept that extent matters smewhat, so even If both are against the same principle (dont actively poach) the extreme dupliciousness of the nature of the in person ”work” option and almost quasi sociopathic interactions of entering clans under false pretences to poach members of this option, gives me tremendous pause.

I think probably couldnt do it, I get so furious If someone did it to me (i actually think its been attempted to our clan 4 times in 5 years, Serious attempts) but given the current options I would find it slightly hard to judge these people who did it. And If my clan was in the process of dying, I would love to say i would never stood so low, but a Vikings gotta do What a Vikings gotta do (not actually a saying).

lets Hope I never face that choice, but If I do, Princess clan is first on the menu. (That as a joke by the way, your clan is better than so it would probably backfire, expecially If we were struggling) (and that aside, i would not target you even If you want to kick me from your, and think I make stupid threads). Vikings have thick skin, strong muscles, and forgiving hearts.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; October 31st, 2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhk View Post
    If they have opted in for clan invites, then its no problem imo. If a player is close to leaving his clan, I dont see why you shouldnt put yourself in front of the line to pick them up.
    Its not about the players, its about going after another clans players. Not saying its wrong, just its not the clan who have opted in to have players recieve invites.

Forum Superstar
    I don't see anything wrong with it. You want to find unhappy people and give them options. Maybe they would be happier in your clan vs where they are. You aren't making anyone do anything they don't want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    Thats a pretty cool strategy as long as you open that you just coming for a few wars and your happy to have members of that clan join you for a few wars.
    Anywhere I have ever traveled, I have always mentioned it's temporary visitation. Most people understand and enjoy the company of a maxed 12 or another war account. I would never impose that other players join me for war or something of sorts unless they have done it before. I normally just do my travels in peace and build a relationship to come and go whenever. Like stated before, some come and go, some come and stay.

I have had people join my clan, stick around a little while, not be entirely social, and then try and poach players off and on with "need help in my clan". That rubs me the wrong way. They do find the boot when it turns into a recruitment session or just won't leave people alone with it.

All in all...poaching. Building friendships.... Currently have a clan full of friends I have played with for years. Many of which all from different clans I have been in along the way. Having someone come along and try and poach is almost comical. Wouldn't see any success in established clans. Hence Papa doing the "doomed clan" approach and I wouldn't count that as poaching. Think that's actually not such a bad idea in these times.