Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Last online feature, why a no?

Last online feature, why a no?

As the title says, can i ask why is it ruled out please?
    As a big clan leader wich is still recruiting and kicking members that helps me and other a lot. Just want to know why it is ruled out and cant be requested.

Because it has more cons than pros.

Because it's a privacy issue and isn't necessary.

If someone wants you to know when they're online they can accept your friend request.

If you want an idea of when they last signed in you can view their village and see if it's been attacked and if so look at their collectors to get a small idea of how long since they've been on.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Because it's a privacy issue and isn't necessary.

If someone wants you to know when they're online they can accept your friend request.

If you want an idea of when they last signed in you can view their village and see if it's been attacked and if so look at their collectors to get a small idea of how long since they've been on.
    This basically explain how you can manage your clan if you want to know how active your clan members are. Also donation ratio will probably give you more idea on whether a member is active and helper.

Even if we want to talk about privacy , there can be an option to trun it on and off

Level 243Maxed TH12

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by HoomanSA View Post
    Even if we want to talk about privacy , there can be an option to trun it on and off
    Disagree. Far more people would foolishly let some random stranger over the internet know their online status than you think. I dont care if you are in the same clan, if you dont know each other in some real life way ( which negates the need to know my online status), you dont get access to that information.

Additionally, we have no issue knowing who is active in my clan, it is super easy: do they have a badge, do they have donates, do they chat at all, are they in wars, do they do cwl and do they contribute in clan games. If you dont already have a good idea based on that information, IMO you arent much of a leader.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    As a big clan leader wich is still recruiting and kicking members that helps me and other a lot. Just want to know why it is ruled out and cant be requested.
    The rationale for placing an item on the Ruled Out is never fully qualified, nor should it be!

Placement on the Ruled Out does not mean never. We have seen some items Ruled Out then appear in the game! (The Gem Mine, for example). Only thing that all items on that list have in common is: "We know you want it, no need to constantly repeat it ad nauseum".

Child: I want a pony
    Parents: Not now.
    Child: When then!
    Parents: Not at this time, we need at least 2 acres to stable a horse.
    (Two hours later): Child: Look I found a house for sale on 5 acres. Now I can have a pony!

A pony may indeed appear one day, or it may not. The parents become worn out from the "When?", "Why not?" and "proposed solutions" (We move to a larger property). You see, human nature is that some people just will not take "No" for a answer.

So you get a simple "no" to your last online request, while I get dead silence on my "pony" (Unicorn!) request. Does not mean neither will never happen!
    Last edited by rowman; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:57 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    The rationale for placing an item on the Ruled Out is never fully qualified, nor should it be!

Placement on the Ruled Out does not mean never. We have seen some items Ruled Out then appear in the game! (The Gem Mine, for example). Only thing that all items on that list have in common is: "We know you want it, no need to constantly repeat it ad nauseum".

Child: I want a pony
    Parents: Not now.
    Child: When then!
    Parents: Not at this time, we need at least 2 acres to stable a horse.
    (Two hours later): Child: Look I found a house for sale on 5 acres. Now I can have a pony!

A pony may indeed appear one day, or it may not. The parents become worn out from the "When?", "Why not?" and "proposed solutions" (We move to a larger property). You see, human nature is that some people just will not take "No" for a answer.

So you get a simple "no" to your last online request, while I get dead silence on my "pony" (Unicorn!) request. Does not mean neither will never happen!
    I am sure Tolkien considered naming a certain inn as The Prancing Unicorn. I have faith unicorns can happen here.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Probably because the abuse and reporting by people had to be checked far too often by the supercell team

I understand all its being said.
    Gold/elixir mines get depleted after each defence so that doesnt help more then 20-24 hours as last online.
    Traps rearm when you login so he might of not logged in in 2 hours maybe 20 days, cant judge after that.
    Builders free or not doesnt say much either. Maybe his saving 10 milions to start a big upgrade and not do two smaller ones cause after his having a hard time farming fast.

Only xbow and inferno depletion shows something but that takes probably more then 1 week.

So its rather hard using all these as judgement. Worst part when you get them in war and afk. Then you decide to keep them out of war for a while but cant kick them instant cause its hard to find members nowdays.

So i do think its a good thing to know as a clan leader? More good then bad, not sure what people are saying about privacy, even world of warcraft has this last online feature for example.

I fail to see why its ruled out for now.
    Last edited by dpgza; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:10 PM.