Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Last online feature, why a no?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    I understand all its being said.
    Gold/elixir mines get depleted after each defence so that doesnt help more then 20-24 hours as last online.
    Traps rearm when you login so he might of not logged in in 2 hours maybe 20 days, cant judge after that.
    Builders free or not doesnt say much either. Maybe his saving 10 milions to start a big upgrade and not do two smaller ones cause after his having a hard time farming fast.

Only xbow and inferno depletion shows something but that takes probably more then 1 week.

So its rather hard using all these as judgement. Worst part when you get them in war and afk. Then you decide to keep them out of war for a while but cant kick them instant cause its hard to find members nowdays.

So i do think its a good thing to know as a clan leader? More good then bad, not sure what people are saying about privacy, even world of warcraft has this last online feature for example.

I fail to see why its ruled out for now.
    You skipped a couple. Are they active in chat? Are they donating? If a clanmate looks like this: Doesnt chat and doesnt donate and hasnt bothered to tell anyone why he hasnt been or wont be active for the next week while he is on vacation and displays other characteristics of being gone, exactly why are you keeping him?

In a typical clan, you learn very quickly which folks are always chatting and/or always donating - no issue with activity there. If their base is actively being cleared of tombstones and all traps etc are primed - usually no issue with activity there. If they are doing clan games - no issue with activity there. Anyone who falls outside of those parameters you should already be aware of and should be watching for signs of activity. If you dont see any, perhaps you should be trying to chat with them in clan chat. If no one in the clan has heard from them in days, perhaps you shouldnt include them in war or CWL. I promise if someone isnt included in CWL and will get NO bonuses, they will poke their head out of the sand pretty quickly if they are active at all.

That is the perfect time to start the conversation with the entire clan about being active and what happens when you arent active.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 1 Week Ago at 07:37 PM.

... I fail to see why its ruled out for now.
    I will try to explain this again, in different terms. Ruled Out only means "We know people want it, since they repeatedly requested in in the past. Please understand, we don't need to have the same thing repeated ad nauseum".

As I said, we have seen things "Ruled Out" suddenly appear in game. Those items remained on the list up to the moment they appeared in game! So for any item on that list it does not mean "never", nor does it mean "we are not currently working it", nor does it mean "there are issues we need to work regarding" (such as the speculated privacy concerns).

What people do not realize is there is "goodness" of a item being on that list to begin with! If it is on that list then: [A] They acknowledge that some players want it. And, [B] the team has discussed it.

Honestly, I think confusion results from the name they elected for the list. It is not "Ruled Out for the game forever", rather it is ruled out for continual discussion, which then adds noise.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 08:11 PM.

I was angry when SC made it so my friends could see when I was online. It was an invasion of privacy. I had to delete all of my friends.

He is talking nonsense even CR has this option and anyone is against it. Or complaining about that caracteristic? Noooo no one is.
    Last edited by Tony85061704860Valdes; 1 Week Ago at 08:59 AM.

Only Supercell can tell us why. The rest of us don't know.

I SUSPECT they don't want to store the data. That's a lot of data over millions of accounts. Data storage over that many accounts is expensive. It takes resources to call the data, display it and save it.

It's not needed. If they collectors are full and no league badge, they are dead. That's all I need to know.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Only Supercell can tell us why. The rest of us don't know.

I SUSPECT they don't want to store the data. That's a lot of data over millions of accounts. Data storage over that many accounts is expensive. It takes resources to call the data, display it and save it.

It's not needed. If they collectors are full and no league badge, they are dead. That's all I need to know.
    I don't think it is about data at all. That would be a trivial amount per account, compared to what they already hold.

They have always said that a "currently online" indicator is ruled out for privacy reasons, and "last online" tells you that indirectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I still dont inderstand. I mean i understand your answers people, but the privacy reasons. Probably every single other game has this feature and never in the history heard about privacy.
    As i said, World of Warcraft has this option and that company made 7500 milion USD in 2018. Thats says they cant afford privacy problems. So if they have the option of last online there is clearly no issue in gaming with it.

Forum Elder
    I still dont inderstand. I mean i understand your answers people, but the privacy reasons. Probably every single other game has this feature and never in the history heard about privacy.
    As i said, World of Warcraft has this option and that company made 7500 milion USD in 2018. Thats says they cant afford privacy problems. So if they have the option of last online there is clearly no issue in gaming with it.
    I may choose to leave my house door unlocked and havent been robbed yet. That does not mean that there is no issue with leaving my front door unlocked. I and many others believe that our online status is none of your business unless and until we choose to share it with you. Having that information would make it easier for you but that shouldnt come at the expense of my privacy. You already have a solution, add them to your friend list and you can see their status IF they accept you as a friend.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 5 Days Ago at 09:30 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    World of Warcraft is produced by Blizzard, an American company based ion California.

CoC is produced by a Finnish company.

Laws on personal information and disclosure of it are very different in the US than they are in |Europ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

SC won't tell, so no one can tell for sure.
    All we can try to tell you are things we 'think' of as reason.

So accept that 'No, we're not discussing it - for now', or accept the fact no one here can give you the exact reason.
    No need to discuss this with the community to get the accurate reason, since we don't know it for sure either. Only devs can tell and if they don't tell us, no one can force them.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 5 Days Ago at 10:03 PM.