Thread: Non-Donating Clan Members

Non-Donating Clan Members

I am wondering if anyone has advice on getting EVERYONE who asks for troops (constantly) to donate back to the group? We like to teach our members that (unless specified for war), "something is better than nothing". We don't like for anyone to feel left out or any less than anyone else in the group. It's mostly the new-comers but still a few that have been with us for a while. We just did a "cleaning" but ready to do another since some just don't get the hints. I also have it posted in our clan description, "accept, not expect" & "willing to donate and receive any and all troops". HELP WITH A KIND BUT BOLD APPROACH, PLS!

In my clan we run the following rule which allows everyone to donate suitable troops and I post a clan mail regularly when new players join.
    DONATE REQUIRMENTS: Only donate troops that at least match the troop levels the requester can make. Note that all donated troops get +2 levels. Donate ONLY the troops reqested.
    This rule applies only for non war troops.
    This way everyone gets troops that are as strong or stronger then they have, and usually players one or two TH’s lower can donate to higher TH levels.
    Maybe this would help you?

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 14
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 44 | GW 15
    League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    Clan Formed: 16/03/2015

We don't have donation requirements. We have many higher level members that always put "any" or "any air" "any ground" and will accept any level troops, allowing lower accounts to get their donation numbers up. If TH8+ members stop donating to others and it gets really bad (say more than 10:1) then their requests tend to sit and not get filled. I do tell them why in chat. Usually this clears up the issue. Other times I've had people just stop requesting (which is usually followed by me booting them)

I don't like tying a bunch of rules to stuff as it just creates more overhead and admin work.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

These are great suggestions, thank you!

Don't get too stuck on rules or ratios, but always keep an eye on people.

My simple rules of thumb:
    Whenever you request troops, fill any open request that you can (even if that means you have to cook the troops in order to donate!)
    For war, maxed troops only (or as near maxed as your clan can achieve)
    For farming, don't request 'expensive' troops (if you're raiding with barbs and archers, you certainly don't need Bowlers in your cc!)

If you see someone who requests a lot, and doesn't donate, check their FIN (Friend in Need Achievement) If that's low also, they are unlikely to change. I tend to give them a warning or two, but if they don't change, boot.

Pro Member
    Spot On

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    Don't get too stuck on rules or ratios, but always keep an eye on people.

My simple rules of thumb:
    Whenever you request troops, fill any open request that you can (even if that means you have to cook the troops in order to donate!)
    For war, maxed troops only (or as near maxed as your clan can achieve)
    For farming, don't request 'expensive' troops (if you're raiding with barbs and archers, you certainly don't need Bowlers in your cc!)

If you see someone who requests a lot, and doesn't donate, check their FIN (Friend in Need Achievement) If that's low also, they are unlikely to change. I tend to give them a warning or two, but if they don't change, boot.

Centennial Club
    unless the request says 'any' then only supply the requested, and only if you can supply max

We only ask members to donate what is requested. Now my suggestion is to bring up the monthly Gold Pass challenge to donate everyday as an incentive to increase member donations.