Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No 320 tasks?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistycreek329 View Post
    46x 320s here thus far vs 352 trashed low tasks. Definitely lower than it has been the past couple of months

Our experience has been the exact opposite. We have only had 33 320 tasks and have trashed 214 ...have 6 on board now and 3 of those are boats....ugh! Only have 5 opted in this drby because people don’t have time to check in constantly to trash,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HeaveninTN View Post
    We have already deleted 176 tasks and have five 320 pt tasks on the board and 3 are boats which most of my hoodies hate. However, I just had someone unilaterally decide to delete 2 baskets because it was his opInion that they take too long (based on how he historically deletes these same type of tasks). Two people had reserved them and we’re prepping them while working on a boat task so that ties up their machines for nothing and leaves two people really ticked off.

To make the matter worse, this has happened several times before and the thread shows who last deleted tasks and it is always this same person. When I ask who deleted XYZ task he always denies having seen it or deleting it? He is out at the end of this derby. I had just seen it on the board no more than 4 - 5 minutes prior and nobody deleted any tasks.

It is my opinion that we can’t have someone refusing to take 1 minute to read the notification section which has task reservations and continually interfering with someone’s ability to complete a reserved task. If it is not deleting it, it is jumping in and taking helps that are stated as for ‘Ginny’ but jumping in and doing them because he too has a help task. However, it was Ginny who asked if someone had helps because she needed a few more. He never even tries to get them from paper or friends. Last derby he had a help for 10-12 hours and when I got on he asked if I had helps, I said I did, how many and he said 30. This is his standard response.

Now I have 5 people in this derby, only 2 with tasks, 2 others on the board are reserved and the rest are boats which a couple just hate.

But back to main topic before that rabbit trail, we are not even getting a 320 pt task every half hour and when we do it is usually a boat. Not a single growing task, mine, or help so far and only 1 truck task and 2 train tasks for far. To the best of my knowledge, we have not deleted any 320 tasks because of time (other than the 2 I just vented about) as length of time to produce aside, we are just happy to have someh5hing other than a boat.

Yuck, yuck and triple yuck to the new style of power derby. It use to be my favorite derby but the last three have just gotten worse and worse. Unfortunately to get permits, you just have to really bite the bullet and get through it.
    Yes Power derby used to be a fun derby. Now it is Power Trash derby. Someone just had to mess up what was a good special derby. So sad for that. My team also hates boats. However it is only 2x for this derby so not so bad for one 4 hr wait in between.

That player you mentioned doing malicious trashing is no good. I had a player like that. Immediately changed his status to from elder down to member so he could no longer mess up the task board. He left in the middle of derby. I try to watch who trashes what tasks. I confront them head on in chat and ask why they deleted the tasks that should have been kept. I usually get no response. That player needs to be kicked out just before derby ends.

I was leader of hood that had players that played with their heads in the sand. Reserved tasks always got taken by one of the derby zombies that did not read notifications or chat even though it was a team requirement. I finally lost my tolerance for stupid players and left. I hope that never again I get into a hood with such.

If there is one thing I have come to realize when it comes to the derby task board, is do not expect the same experience every week. Personally, it makes it more interesting if one week we have a string of 320s early on, some weeks we wait longer to begin and the 320s come later in the week.

This encourages NHs to come up with new strategies and goals. Sometimes getting players out of their comfort zone, while frustrating for some, they can develop different ways of playing and derbying. IMO, this is a good thing. It encourages communication within the NH and a willingness to help the NH, not just themselves as a player.

FWIW, our NH has had to trash more than usual, but we also did those tasks that are less quick and ones we tend to trash during a normal derby.

Today, if someone does boats they also have the added benefit of the extra puzzle pieces. Not such a bad deal. No need really to use diamonds either, just wait out the 4 hours, or most of it, while waiting for better tasks to appear.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    That player you mentioned doing malicious trashing is no good. I had a player like that. Immediately changed his status to from elder down to member so he could no longer mess up the task board. He left in the middle of derby. I try to watch who trashes what tasks. I confront them head on in chat and ask why they deleted the tasks that should have been kept. I usually get no response. That player needs to be kicked out just before derby ends.

I was leader of hood that had players that played with their heads in the sand. Reserved tasks always got taken by one of the derby zombies that did not read notifications or chat even though it was a team requirement. I finally lost my tolerance for stupid players and left. I hope that never again I get into a hood with such.
    Thank you for the learned response. I too immediately changed his status so he could no longer mess with the task board. I also ask who deleted it giving him a chance to explain but he always denies it was him when the thread clearly says he is who just trashed tasks. In this particular case, I had just looked at the basket task minutes before to confirm I loaded the dairy with the proper number of goat cheese. His response was he only deleted asub 320 task and it was not a basket. I was relatively positive he was not telling me the truth before when it happened and once confirmed I changed his status.

i do plan to remove him from the neighborhood.

Thank you for the learned response. I too immediately changed his status so he could no longer mess with the task board. I also ask who deleted it giving him a chance to explain but he always denies it was him when the thread clearly says he is who just trashed tasks. In this particular case, I had just looked at the basket task minutes before to confirm I loaded the dairy with the proper number of goat cheese. His response was he only deleted asub 320 task and it was not a basket. I was relatively positive he was not telling me the truth before when it happened and once confirmed I changed his status.

i do plan to remove him from the neighborhood.
    does changing hood status work? I would think that they would take lower point tasks out of spite

back to the topic... our early 320s dried up a little. Everyone has one going, but there are fewer on the task board. I opted for a boat task. At least by the time I can finish my tasks, I will have less competition
    Last edited by WussyPuss; October 31st, 2019 at 05:36 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    does changing hood status work? I would think that they would take lower point tasks out of spite

back to the topic... our early 320s dried up a little. Everyone has one going, but there are fewer on the task board. I opted for a boat task. At least by the time I can finish my tasks, I will have less competition
    We went 2 1/2 hours today with sub 320 tasks filling empty spots on our board. The other spots were filled with 4 boats and 2 baskets. Currently we have 4 people with active tasks, 7 - 320 pt yucky tasks on the board and are again at 5 times trashing (2.5 hours) with only low point tasks populating the board. Just trashed those 5 again and am hoping for a couple 320s this time.

As an aside, there is no evidence demoting my problem teammate works. He is simply slow walking this derby now. He had done 4 tasks but has now sat on a help for 14+ hours. The only thing he is doing now is refusing to respond to me. He will answer others but simply ignores anything I say or ask. He may very well cause us to be demoted and if he does, we will deal with that and return to the CL the following week.

We went 2 1/2 hours today with sub 320 tasks filling empty spots on our board. The other spots were filled with 4 boats and 2 baskets. Currently we have 4 people with active tasks, 7 - 320 pt yucky tasks on the board and are again at 5 times trashing (2.5 hours) with only low point tasks populating the board. Just trashed those 5 again and am hoping for a couple 320s this time.

As an aside, there is no evidence demoting my problem teammate works. He is simply slow walking this derby now. He had done 4 tasks but has now sat on a help for 14+ hours. The only thing he is doing now is refusing to respond to me. He will answer others but simply ignores anything I say or ask. He may very well cause us to be demoted and if he does, we will deal with that and return to the CL the following week.
    Time for the Size 13 boot.

Centennial Club
    We have a pretty relaxed derby attitude. Finish all the tasks by the end of the derby. Speeding through the derby just isn’t our idea of fun. That being said we do ask that all players take tasks of at least 315 value but we all pretty much stack and take 320 tasks. This was pretty easy to do these past months. This week we have deleted board after board of tasks just waiting for tasks over 300 to take.

I can see how this can be very frustrating for more derby serious hoods
    Farm tag: #8CCYGC8R Level 89very active player
    NH Toronto maple laughs 2P9L8V9J

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Llaaadyel View Post
    We have a pretty relaxed derby attitude. Finish all the tasks by the end of the derby. Speeding through the derby just isn’t our idea of fun. That being said we do ask that all players take tasks of at least 315 value but we all pretty much stack and take 320 tasks. This was pretty easy to do these past months. This week we have deleted board after board of tasks just waiting for tasks over 300 to take.

I can see how this can be very frustrating for more derby serious hoods
    We are not what I would refer to as a derby serious NH. We don’t burn diamonds to finish early or hassle teammates to speed it up. My issue with the incredibly throttled 320 drop rate is that we have a number of people who cannot access HD while at work other than lunch or breaks. Most of my teammates are completing the derby by Thursday or Friday but in PDs it is always right down to the wire because of low 320 drop rates. With the nonstop trashing I have one person who never could access a 320 task until day 2 of the derby as we frequently go hours without a 320 task dropping to fill in the trashed tasks. And we are not trashing any 320 tasks on purpose regardless of how long they will take to complete.

SC did not think about the impact of this on working players and 5he sheer frustration of it on them and on the NH players who have to watch their neighbors struggle to find tasks they can do.

WOW, you really do not need someone in your neighborhood who enjoys deliberately sabotaging your hoodies. I'd seriously think about 👢 Before prizes.
    I can't see how his behaviour will improve for next week's Derby if he's done all that he has done so far.