Thread: How are we supposed to recruit?!

Angry How are we supposed to recruit?!

I had high hopes for this new recruiting feature. Before, when global was still on clash. I had numerous people coming in and out of my clan, now itís darn near impossible to get anyone to join. Every one I invite has a full inbox and 90% of the people on the list are already in clans. How am I supposed to recruit people to my developing clan when they are in much higher level clans?! I understand because of toxicity, global was removed but this new recruiting feature is awful! I donít see my clan growing very much after hitting 35 members and just hitting level 4, as NO ONE has joined within the passed few weeks that global has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander19012 View Post
    I had high hopes for this new recruiting feature. Before, when global was still on clash. I had numerous people coming in and out of my clan, now itís darn near impossible to get anyone to join. Every one I invite has a full inbox and 90% of the people on the list are already in clans. How am I supposed to recruit people to my developing clan when they are in much higher level clans?! I understand because of toxicity, global was removed but this new recruiting feature is awful! I donít see my clan growing very much after hitting 35 members and just hitting level 4, as NO ONE has joined within the passed few weeks that global has been removed.
    Supercell have in my opinion failed the clash community by failing to realise the importance of global chat. Yes it had issues with the toxicity, the trolls & the scammers but it was as much a fundamental part of clash as the game itself. Your situation is a perfect example. If clans can't attract new members they'll die out, those seeking clans will only be interested in higher level clans (which in fairness generally only want players of a similar ability) Games like clash have a mid level churn rate & can't survive without new players. New players won't get Into a clan, the game dies out. It's that simple

Till this recruitment tool starts working set trophy requirement verry low with invite only. Its still bareeely working getting any new members but hopefully you get someone now and then. Another way is the forum but thats again like invisible. Never had any succes and my clan is big compared to yours.
    If it makes you feel better we are all in same boat. No one can recruit anyone these days, same issues as you said.

Pro Member
    Our Clan successful uses the Pages on here to Recruit Players

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander19012 View Post
    I had high hopes for this new recruiting feature. Before, when global was still on clash. I had numerous people coming in and out of my clan, now it’s darn near impossible to get anyone to join. Every one I invite has a full inbox and 90% of the people on the list are already in clans. How am I supposed to recruit people to my developing clan when they are in much higher level clans?! I understand because of toxicity, global was removed but this new recruiting feature is awful! I don’t see my clan growing very much after hitting 35 members and just hitting level 4, as NO ONE has joined within the passed few weeks that global has been removed.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by scholar50 View Post
    Supercell have in my opinion failed the clash community by failing to realise the importance of global chat. Yes it had issues with the toxicity, the trolls & the scammers but it was as much a fundamental part of clash as the game itself. Your situation is a perfect example. If clans can't attract new members they'll die out, those seeking clans will only be interested in higher level clans (which in fairness generally only want players of a similar ability) Games like clash have a mid level churn rate & can't survive without new players. New players won't get Into a clan, the game dies out. It's that simple
    Sure, those high level players may be able to gain access to those high level clans.. But what about the lower level players?

Max game players are rare within the game.. For those that spend too much time on forum, that is something which may become a little clouded, since those that frequent here tend to be above the run of the mill clashers..

You, on the other hand, have 8 posts to your name, and are upset that global is gone..
    That tells me that you should be well aware of the vast diversity between players and account sizes.. Most wont get anywhere near the "top clans".

There will be people out there looking for a clan.. But no longer will anyone be able to shout out on global, fishing for anyone that happens along.. Instead, you will send your request, and the clan stats will either draw them in, or leave you out in the cold..
    The trick is going to be in finding what level of player you can realistically land.

So, those players will get into a clan, and the game wont die out.. It will be clans that continue to pursue unrealistic targets that will be under threat..
    Bear in mind, the game isnt static.. Everybody is on a progression path.. Every max 12 was a TH6 at one point..
    Simply decide at what point in that journey from TH3 to max 12 you wish for your new members to be at.. With correct nurturing, and a little patience, every clan can eventually be full of max game players.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 11:52 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by scholar50 View Post
    I totally agree. I'm leader of a lvl 11 clan. We're not the best, but certainly not the worst. We have a decent war log and up until the recent update the clan was pretty active. There was always at least one other person online at whatever time of day. We've had a constant turnover of recruits, keeping the clan at between 47-50 members, but since the update activity has taken a real nose dive. Global was great for bridging the gap for when the clan was quiet where as now, you see that you're the only one online and there's nothing to keep you there. I make an attack and leave. It's the same for the rest of the clan. I recruited most of them from global where you could talk and get a feel of if they'd be a good fit or not. No matter what Supercell try to tell us about recruitment being easier than ever, it's just not true. There's no better way than to talk to people first. No amount of tabs will change that and i really don't have high expectations of it getting much better.

Sure they could add war stars or donations or whatever else to the tabs, but the whole experience of scrolling through list after list of potential recruits is soul destroying, not to mention a total waste of time as 99.9% either won't join, speak a foreign language, have a full inbox or simply have no intentions of leaving the clan they're in. Also not everyone selects the tabs that are a true reflection of their level, for example- i've seen more than a few th5 and lower that have selected the veteran tab.

Also i believe Supercell have been incredibly naive to think that removing global will get rid of the scammers or the toxic people. They just pushed them into making clans instead where they aren't going to be monitored. So i feel they're punishing the majority in order to sweep the scammers under the rug, out of sight, out of mind, but the problem will still exist so it just seems like a nonsensical move to me.

I've pretty much given up on the clan that took me a few years of hard work and constant attention to build and my 40-60k donations per season are already looking like a distant memory due to the lack of activity and no powers to convince people to join other than trying Facebook and forums which again takes me away from the game so it's pretty counter productive and even less successful up to now. So if that's happened to my lvl 11 clan in the space of a couple of weeks then how on earth are low level and new clans supposed to get established?

......but so long as the season pass money keeps rolling in then they don't care about the importance of the most useful tool for recruiting and will continue to push this awful, not fit for purpose, shambles of a new system on us by telling us how clever and amazing it is. It honestly seems as though they never even tested it first. Like it was dreamt up in a coffee break and rushed out with very little thought going into it. I believe this is a step to far and the game will die off over the next 2 years and while my health and isolation is no concern of anyone else i'm now destined to spend my days moaning about how great the game used to be on facebook and forums for the rest of my days 😂😂😂.

The end is nighhhh! 🤷🏻♥♂️😝

Thanks for reading. Sorry if it's a bit all over the place, but i blame the meds. 🤪😘

Centennial Club
    same here
    level 12 clan but was always a little specific (non-rush *my definition not the rushed applicant that seems to think heroes, troops and spells are exempt from rushed definitions...) to use of english (and fully understand it without use of google translate) to the fact that promotions are earned (no, pls or plz doesn't work) ..and also if you can't 3 star that friendly base we just put up then you're out ... and yeh some of our non-rush may be farming lower leagues because they know how to upgrade.

These chats we could have in global, but now if we open its full of squiggle text that isn't english, or translated from uknown, then unhappy if they can't 3 star the base (additional unhappy if they don't respond to the challenge, autokick then). The viable players have inboxes full.

So yes, the core continues but any fire needs fuel, and so will clans.
    Last edited by 0x0000000167; 1 Week Ago at 07:38 PM. Reason: no autocorrect

true every damn player who is decent has a full inbox. should automatically filter out those people.

Centennial Club

Lightbulb I think that I know how supercell can solve your problem

I am with you here Alexander, I think I know a way to bring back global without toxicity.
    They should make it so that only people with that battle pass can use this feature as you know that you can count on them to be serious clashers. They can also only have people with a badge called Ďrecruiterí or Ďsearcherí so you know whoís doing what.
    And people have to have a chat with the staff, sign papers, enter phone numbers and more so that they are *real* people and not just there to harass. I think with a lot of though and time out into this, it may be possible to bring it back.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloB View Post
    Our Clan successful uses the Pages on here to Recruit Players
    I have posted about 100 pages of...

�� U8 Legion are looking for near-max TH10+ to take our clan from great to stratospheric ��

Calling all max TH10+ who...

- Are active Daily
    - Donate on a ratio of at least 2:1 (Request to donate)
    - Like to do clan games (but no real pressure to get the full 4000 as we always max out)
    - Love to war (but we don’t mind if you opt out)
    - Are big on CWL (but again, we don’t mind if you opt out)

Our Achievements

- We have reached Level 10
    - We are Crystal I in CWL and expect to be in Masters III by the end of CWL
    - We are a very active clan with no rushed bases
    - Out of the 126 wars we have played, we have won 101 of them

About Us And Our Personalities

- We like to win wars but also don’t mind if you don’t always get 3
    - We’re a pretty chilled clan
    - We have lots of people with multiple accounts so we don’t mind at all if you bring more than one
    - We donate a lot and won’t leave your requests hanging
    - We welcome any returning players to the game

How To Find Us

- Our clan is U8 Legion
    - Our tag is #92VJ9RY8
    - If you like the sound of us, welcome home ��

and recruited one person that left as soon as he joined.
    I honestly do not see how people can recruit using this.
    And the advertising page has had 7 people overall look at it with only 1 response, me, trying to flag it up for more people.
    Ultimately impossible ��
    If you can do it, can you help me entice more people?