Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seige Machine Self-Destruct: how about we get rid of that?

Fresh Spawn

Thumbs up Seige Machine Self-Destruct: how about we get rid of that?

I have never seen a circumstance when I want my Siege Machine to self-destruct, but I find it all too easy to accidentally destroy it accidentally. That always has disastrous effects on my attack. My questions are as follows:

• What is the strategic value of the self-destruct feature?
    • If there were data on this, how often does that even happen (even including the accidents)?
    • If the cost of something happening accidentally is high, but the benefit of the "feature" is low, why does it exist?
    • Can someone think of an alternative UI for that "feature" that would be harder to trigger accidentally?

Pro Member
    I have used the self destruct feature a few times.....and not by accident....and yes when I first started using siege there were many times ....of how did that happen....but learned real fast not to hit the destruct button...

example..Your aq or bk took out the th....now you want to use the siege as a wall breaker or get troops onto an area to take out specific targets at center of the base....
    Last edited by IBWOLF2; October 28th, 2019 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bldxyz View Post
    I have never seen a circumstance when I want my Siege Machine to self-destruct, but I find it all too easy to accidentally destroy it accidentally. That always has disastrous effects on my attack. My questions are as follows:

• What is the strategic value of the self-destruct feature?
    • If there were data on this, how often does that even happen (even including the accidents)?
    • If the cost of something happening accidentally is high, but the benefit of the "feature" is low, why does it exist?
    • Can someone think of an alternative UI for that "feature" that would be harder to trigger accidentally?
    There are many strategies and times where the self destruct is intentional so this is something that should stay. It isn't a low benefit. It is an important part of many attacks.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

There are 2 instances where I used the self destruct intentionally:

Situation 1: TH destroyed, Wall Wrecker deployed to destroy few layers of walls but since TH already destroyed there is no longer need for Wrecker to travel to the TH. I self destruct it so that CC troop can join the main troop to the core of the base. Note: this happened a lot when TH is not placed in the core of the base.

Situation 2: Wall Wrecker destroyed walls to the core of the base, Main Troops is already attacking TH, but Wall Wrecker still travel slowly. I self destruct it again so that CC troop joining main troop to destroy TH and use GW ability. This is to prevent CC troop not included in the GW ability and thus absorb the Giga Explosion damage.

Those were the 2 instances where I self destructed my Wall Wrecker. But I am sure there are other instances where self destruct of Battle Blimp and Stone Slammer are strategically giving advantage for players.

Self destruct is sometimes useful.

Accidentally self destructing is never useful

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    There are 2 instances where I used the self destruct intentionally:

Situation 1: TH destroyed, Wall Wrecker deployed to destroy few layers of walls but since TH already destroyed there is no longer need for Wrecker to travel to the TH. I self destruct it so that CC troop can join the main troop to the core of the base. Note: this happened a lot when TH is not placed in the core of the base.

Situation 2: Wall Wrecker destroyed walls to the core of the base, Main Troops is already attacking TH, but Wall Wrecker still travel slowly. I self destruct it again so that CC troop joining main troop to destroy TH and use GW ability. This is to prevent CC troop not included in the GW ability and thus absorb the Giga Explosion damage.

Those were the 2 instances where I self destructed my Wall Wrecker. But I am sure there are other instances where self destruct of Battle Blimp and Stone Slammer are strategically giving advantage for players.
    To add to your instances: The Wall Wrecker holds a max Pekka and and Ice Golem. Majority of the time (not always), those two can single handedly take out the TH. So destroying the WW before it reaches the TH maybe a succesful choice. Though I understand it all depends on how good you can time this.

The wall wrecker is NOT the only siege machine.

There are strategies where you use the battle blimp, like ghost edrags or electrone where you self-destroy the blimp in the desired location.

Millennial Club
    As others have explained it does have a purpose and a good use. I propose that to self destruct you must double tap the button. This way itís harder to accidentally self destruct but at the same time intentional destruction is hardly hindered.

Quote Originally Posted by DoritosSk View Post
    The wall wrecker is NOT the only siege machine.

There are strategies where you use the battle blimp, like ghost edrags or electrone where you self-destroy the blimp in the desired location.
    There was no one that state Wall Wrecker is the only Siege Machine in this thread. In the post that contain Wall Wrecker it was actually support the self-destruct function just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    As others have explained it does have a purpose and a good use. I propose that to self destruct you must double tap the button. This way it’s harder to accidentally self destruct but at the same time intentional destruction is hardly hindered.
    I think this is a good QOL idea that will benefit both intentional self-destruct and accidental self-destruct of Siege Machine.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; October 28th, 2019 at 03:02 AM.

I do use it more often than planned. Troops converge on the town hall and take it down. I pop the wrecker just before using warden power so the troops not the siege get the benefit of the royal cloak.
    I would be fine if they changed it to a double click to trigger it though.