Thread: Apparently, letting the matchup search run for any length of time is not a good idea

Apparently, letting the matchup search run for any length of time is not a good idea

It seems that, more often than not, whenever I let the search go on for more than a minute or so, I get a matchup that is WAY lopsided. And usually not in my favor...

What bh level and trophies? I've never seen that search time on either of my bases.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

More than a minute? You must be on the extreme end of the trophy range. My search times are barely a second or two long (low 4000s, high 3000s).

Forum Legend

Apparently, letting the matchup search run for any length of time is a good idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Papalapolus View Post
    It seems that, more often than not, whenever I let the search go on for more than a minute or so, I get a matchup that is WAY lopsided. And usually not in my favor...

It seems that, more often than not, whenever I let the search go on for more than a minute or so, I get a matchup that is WAY lopsided.

And usually in my favor!!

See .. there are always two sides of a story.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Wow, I experienced less than a minute searches in the high 3 digits of the rankings. You must be within the top 500 BH players. Are you talking about getting a small amount of trophies for winning but losing a ton of trophies for losing despite there not being a significant skill gap (as described by a top BH player here)?

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post

It seems that, more often than not, whenever I let the search go on for more than a minute or so, I get a matchup that is WAY lopsided.

/Affront
    Hm, so you were the one OP match up with after 1 minute search time.

Not sure if OP was really talking about BB, as everyone stated usually we found a match within 1-2 seconds. From my experience I can't even get the chance to cancel the search, when I did that it resulted in 0% as it will count me as disconnected from the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    Wow, I experienced less than a minute searches in the high 3 digits of the rankings. You must be within the top 500 BH players. Are you talking about getting a small amount of trophies for winning but losing a ton of trophies for losing despite there not being a significant skill gap (as described by a top BH player here)?
    Not likely, if OP is in the top 500 then there won't be any lopsided match up as everyone would be max BH9.
    I have been in high 3 digits too but never went for more than 10 seconds search time.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:17 AM.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Hm, so you were the one OP match up with after 1 minute search time.

Not sure if OP was really talking about BB, as everyone stated usually we found a match within 1-2 seconds. From my experience I can't even get the chance to cancel the search, when I did that it resulted in 0% as it will count me as disconnected from the attack.

Not likely, if OP is in the top 500 then there won't be any lopsided match up as everyone would be max BH9.
    I have been in high 3 digits too but never went for more than 10 seconds search time.

No .. the point is, that there are usually a winner and a loser in these matchups.

One person's "unfair matchup" is another person's "meh, I did fine this time".

If a search lasts more than a few seconds, yes .. something may be wrong, but .. you are still going to get a pretty fair matchup.

I've faced some pretty skilled attackers with defenses that were not yet at level 9 .. I couldn't brute force them with my fully upgraded base and limited skill. The matchup was still fair though.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post

/Affront
    Lol
    Last edited by KatanaMaster12; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalapolus View Post
    So...we’re all waiting to hear what BH level you are and your current trophy ranking...?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.