Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Choosing instantly your army in friendly battles

Choosing instantly your army in friendly battles

It has been a long time since posting in CoC forums so I dont know if this idea has already been suggested.
    However I think since friendly battles have been implemented to the game so that people could experiment bases or armies, having to cook an army for experimentation to an other base costs not only "money" but also time.

I believe it could be better if you could select without waisting resources and time an army which you believe is suitable for the base. In other words when clicking on attacking in friendly matches I think you must be given the opportunity to select the troops and spells you like and then procide on attacking the base without waisting resources or time.However this army can only be used in that specific attack and not for looting or in war.

In my personal experience I think is quite nerve-racking to have to wait for an army to cook then attack a base in a friendly much, only to burn it in a multiplayer attack since you selected the army for that specific base waisting your resources and time that could be used for looting or pushing. So I cant think a reason why this shouldnt be a thing since friendly matches are there for us to test bases and armies for specific bases which in this point a time is quite slow for the reasons given above.

Australian Independence KatanaMaster12's Avatar
    Agreed

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Iíd kind of like this, too, (with no time involved, at least) because it limits how often people can do FCs.

If I want someone to test a base or if they want me to test theirs with a specific army Iím not already using, we probably have to wait for an attack to get rid of what we have trained, wait to train an army and heroes, then hope we both have time at the same time, 30-45 min later. Then time for a few FCs on top of that. Not always easy.

But Idk exactly why it would be ďnerve-wrackingĒ, though? If youíre learning an attack, itís a great time to do a bunch of friendlies with it, then when youíre feeling ok about how itís going (or people donít have time to keep posting them), go out and hit next until you find something fairly similar and see how it goes. If youíre testing a base, same thing. Either way, youíre not really wasting the resources, since they donít disappearóyou get to use them in multi.

If youíre in legends you canít hit next, but thatís what legends players have to deal with all the time anyway, so itís still not a waste. And itís only for one of the eight. (The only thing nerve-wracking is being in legends and trying to stay there while learning a new attack, lol.)

But still. You canít train an army for an FC with no wait and no resources then use it in multi, and the training system doesnít know what youíre going to use it for. So for this to happen, there would need to be two entirely separate systems for providing the troops. I wonder how difficult that would be.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

I totally agree that this should be added to the game for fun and to learn new attacks. Being able to friendly battle with whatever troops u have and the same levels and once u attack in the friendly ur troops that u may have trained for something else will still be there. Another reason this should be added to the game is this can be fun and may increase the popularity and more fun for casual players to just attack there friends and have a good time. Really hope this is added into the game

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    I’d kind of like this, too, (with no time involved, at least) because it limits how often people can do FCs.

If I want someone to test a base or if they want me to test theirs with a specific army I’m not already using, we probably have to wait for an attack to get rid of what we have trained, wait to train an army and heroes, then hope we both have time at the same time, 30-45 min later. Then time for a few FCs on top of that. Not always easy.

But Idk exactly why it would be “nerve-wracking”, though? If you’re learning an attack, it’s a great time to do a bunch of friendlies with it, then when you’re feeling ok about how it’s going (or people don’t have time to keep posting them), go out and hit next until you find something fairly similar and see how it goes. If you’re testing a base, same thing. Either way, you’re not really wasting the resources, since they don’t disappear—you get to use them in multi.

If you’re in legends you can’t hit next, but that’s what legends players have to deal with all the time anyway, so it’s still not a waste. And it’s only for one of the eight. (The only thing nerve-wracking is being in legends and trying to stay there while learning a new attack, lol.)

But still. You can’t train an army for an FC with no wait and no resources then use it in multi, and the training system doesn’t know what you’re going to use it for. So for this to happen, there would need to be two entirely separate systems for providing the troops. I wonder how difficult that would be.
    I dont know if nerve racking was the right term to use since I am not a native speaker but what I mean is pretty similar to what you said. I personally do a lot of looting in multis but I also love experimenting with new armies. However, when I decide to do a FC to experiment a new strategy I have to wait 20-30 mins for the army to be cooked waisting time that could be better used on looting or pushing then proceed on attacking the base and then attack a base with huge lets say loot which is not suitable for my army and then having to again wait another 20-30 mins (which I would wait anyways) for the looting army to be cooked waisting time on which I could both experiment with my army and also in less delay gain some loot. I do get your point that when you experiment with an army you can then attack with this on multiplayer battles, but wouldnt be better if you could seperatly attack on multis and on FC with that army? or do FC with your selected army and loot with what you have on your army camps

As for the technical part I am not aware of how difficult it may be, I am just posting my idea which may or may not be possible. However I said that this army will be selected only for the FC and it will not be trained on baracks. What I am trying to say is that there could be (as i imagine it at least) 2 completely seperate and defferent things. You will train your army from baracks as usual which then goes to the army camps but also when you decide to do a FC right before attacking you select your army that will only be used in that attack and then it wont be stored anywere. Vanished lets say.

Anyways, I am happy that more people except me agree on this idea

Well it seems like they are actually going to impement this idea in the 2020's summer update!! I am excited and happy that something I desired whether supercell was on it before or after I made this thread is going to be in the game. So excited!!

Centennial Club
    It took CoC team under 1 year to live the suggestion. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahilagg8901 View Post
    It took CoC team under 1 year to live the suggestion. Awesome.
    Did it?
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post9244774

Millennial Club
    I had made a thread on this too. You can see it here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ndly-Challenge
    For some reason it got merged into another thread...

But the good news is, it's coming this Update!
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    I had made a thread on this too. You can see it here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ndly-Challenge
    For some reason it got merged into another thread...

But the good news is, it's coming this Update!
    Unfortunately I can't see the post but I am happy that more people than me were into this idea!! Keep posting creative and original ideas and sc might find something that they thing would be suitable for CoC.