Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash Recruit App

Post Clash Recruit App

Seeing a lot are having issue recruiting other members in game I thought about why not make an app to help players find clans and clans find players

The idea is to make something similar to what clash offers but with improvements you suggest. What things would you like to see in such an app? It will contain a global chat and clan chat, recruitment(recruit and join), player profile with clan list, trader cycle and settings

Are all of those needed?
    Which ones are the most important other than recruitment for sure?
    What would be the best theme?
    What additions should the recruitment feature have?

Please explain as much as you can to help me understand exactly what you mean. Hope this will give you an alternative to get more members in your clans and more clans to join!

EDIT: Your input will be used below

For now from what you have posted:
    Player/Clan labels used to filter clans and members:
    - Townhall level range from/to
    - Timezone
    - Language
    - Activity measured by average attacks per day(ranges will be from 1 - 8+ split into 3 groups as Legend league players can't do more than 8)
    - Hero levels (sets of 5 levels from 1 - 13)
    - War Stars
    - Trophy Range from/to
    Last edited by Saleh47; October 26th, 2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Bored from full inbox messages? Want to get exactly the results you want? Here is the beta version of
    your best chance to get players and clans you want!

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    TBH, I'd love an app for recruiting, but I don't know why the trader cycle or a global chat would be in it. I wouldn't be interested in those. If it were a web site, I'd want it to function something like Linkedin where companies (clans) and employees (players) have static profiles and can find one another. If it were an app, a dating app like Tinder would be fine as long as players and clans could both filter the results, and if the clan and the player both like one another, they could send messages back and forth.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

First, and foremost, this recruitment app needs to be integrated in the clash app .
    Then: any filter deemed needed to find actually what a clan needs, like TH level, region of origin (not specifically a country is needed), etc
    Last: the players shown as potential recruits need to be able to be vetted, an antechambre of sorts, where players meet clan leadership before being brought to the clan (which opens up the question of clan association long discussed as an option).

Until all of the above is available, I’m not (for recruitment = retired for now).

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    TBH, I'd love an app for recruiting, but I don't know why the trader cycle or a global chat would be in it. I wouldn't be interested in those. If it were a web site, I'd want it to function something like Linkedin where companies (clans) and employees (players) have static profiles and can find one another. If it were an app, a dating app like Tinder would be fine as long as players and clans could both filter the results, and if the clan and the player both like one another, they could send messages back and forth.
    Interesting concept, noted the little interest in those two features. Will see how will that go into a mobile app. Thinking another time about global chat I won't add it and will add only a clan chat(which you will need to confirm you are part of that clan to join it)

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    First, and foremost, this recruitment app needs to be integrated in the clash app .
    Then: any filter deemed needed to find actually what a clan needs, like TH level, region of origin (not specifically a country is needed), etc
    Last: the players shown as potential recruits need to be able to be vetted, an antechambre of sorts, where players meet clan leadership before being brought to the clan (which opens up the question of clan association long discussed as an option).

Until all of the above is available, I’m not (for recruitment = retired for now).
    Wish I could add it to game
    But since I can't I will try to make as simple as possible while still including all needed features
    For second point: the app will take those filters and more into consideration. However, would like to see a list or few more
    For last point: Good idea, making a chat between leader/s and new members

Hope you will be back soon
    Bored from full inbox messages? Want to get exactly the results you want? Here is the beta version of

we can have 2 options
    1> live chat (global) but prohibition on selected words(scam related or bad words)
    you know how discord bot usually warns/ban user from the channel on breaking the rules.. similarly we can keep chat clean and scam free , if they break the rule they get instant ban based on the severity
    or
    2> We can just chat with emotes in global using labels what we have in clash atm(subject to change) , players or clan recruiters will have different color of text or visuals to differentiate between the two,
    Pros - it will have a global effect , i.e recruiting live .. not just dropping an invite to a clasher who is inactive at that point in time(when clan recruiter is sending the invite)
    3> Many said that some of the filters should be included like Language,TH level etc.
    soft active - 3 attacks per day
    moderate active - 5 attacks per day
    hyper active - 8 attacks per day
    above mentioned parameters are subject to change , and yes i do more attacks per day (not just 8) , just generalizing
    request you to define active by activity , not by a clasher collecting loots from mine or collectors daily.
    4>Dont show member names in the list if they have their inbox filled with invites
    5>Maybe a green LED symbol to specify if the clasher is active(list which appears after we apply labels) / greyed out if not active (displaying names of users who are active)
    6>List always refreshes when a clashers searching for a clan (or) when a clan recruiter searching members for clan
    i.e. get list of clans which is different and is not displayed on my previous search

these are the things that I can think of now , maybe I will add more later

Want a Forum Signature? or Forum Avatar?
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*
    GFX group| Clan=Total Balloony | Forum achievements

Not gonna lie folks should just move to discord & use the reddit forums.

To be in any of the top fairplay leagues or ESL clans you pretty much have to have discord to begin with so that would allow folks to possibly get involved in that side of the game also if they so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    we can have 2 options
    1> live chat (global) but prohibition on selected words(scam related or bad words)
    you know how discord bot usually warns/ban user from the channel on breaking the rules.. similarly we can keep chat clean and scam free , if they break the rule they get instant ban based on the severity
    or
    2> We can just chat with emotes in global using labels what we have in clash atm(subject to change) , players or clan recruiters will have different color of text or visuals to differentiate between the two,
    Pros - it will have a global effect , i.e recruiting live .. not just dropping an invite to a clasher who is inactive at that point in time(when clan recruiter is sending the invite)
    3> Many said that some of the filters should be included like Language,TH level etc.
    soft active - 3 attacks per day
    moderate active - 5 attacks per day
    hyper active - 8 attacks per day
    above mentioned parameters are subject to change , and yes i do more attacks per day (not just 8) , just generalizing
    request you to define active by activity , not by a clasher collecting loots from mine or collectors daily.
    4>Dont show member names in the list if they have their inbox filled with invites
    5>Maybe a green LED symbol to specify if the clasher is active(list which appears after we apply labels) / greyed out if not active (displaying names of users who are active)
    6>List always refreshes when a clashers searching for a clan (or) when a clan recruiter searching members for clan
    i.e. get list of clans which is different and is not displayed on my previous search

these are the things that I can think of now , maybe I will add more later
    1- Problem with a global chat is the problem it would cause, check the idea that sharky proposed. It would make it easier to find clans and join them based on mutual interests. Some time later I might add it if I see the need. So for now their will be a clan chat

2- Regarding the inactivity, part of parameters that the app will take into consideration will be activity both in app

3- Yep all of those will be included, I will put a limit of 5 - 10 invites after which a player isn't shown in search list
    until they respond to requests
    4- Yes, that will available as well
    5- Just in case you mean data from game I'm limited to what API provides and what can be collected through app. The way I will consider a person active is by checking their achievements probably(will decide on the exact later once the idea is more detailed)
    6- Yes this should happen in most cases if there are enough players to return each time different than before
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGreatTwig54 View Post
    Not gonna lie folks should just move to discord & use the reddit forums.

To be in any of the top fairplay leagues or ESL clans you pretty much have to have discord to begin with so that would allow folks to possibly get involved in that side of the game also if they so choose.
    Discord although great communication tool but lacks things specific to clash. I'm not trying to replace or replicate discord features but targeting certain missing features in the game that players are asking for and SC developers didn't announce to be coming anytime soon

What missing features though?

And tbh it doesn’t lack a lot tbh.
    - places to recruit (that are better than global was lol)
    - bots to share clash content
    - clash champs bot posts recruiting threads to over 60 servers
    - better interaction
    - the town hall specific servers & base building server (which I can link if needed) help teach players how to get better & they incorporate cool and fun events anybody can join regardless of how good/bad they are
    Last edited by DaGreatTwig54; October 26th, 2019 at 11:57 AM.

SC need to get the recruiting app fixed. Then any app would be redundant.
    The search needs to be able to filter then things we look for.
    Any recruit tool needs to be able to select
    (for clans looking for members)
    TH level range.
    Hero levels (maybe selectable in blocks of 5)
    language (and maybe country)
    Ability to choose to Select only players that are clanless
    A maxed option. (100% maxed at Current TH / 100% maxed at previous TH / Not maxed)

Players clan searching need basically what was already there for searching for clans.
    Country and or Language
    Clan Level
    War frequency
    clan size
    Join options (anyone can join etc)

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 14 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L55 | BK: 55| GW 30 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Tropies: 5000+

Honestly clash champs already does all that tbh.

My thing is clash is moving towards ESL formats at the highest level & the fairplay war league continues to grow (NDL, MLCW, EWL, etc.) Well all those clans users discord for recruiting (interview folks), planning of attacks, & general communication. Why would they give all that up for a recruiting app when they are already involved in tons of servers that allow that.