Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War spies still out there?

Lol yeah we only accepted ppl from Global during wars but now this option is gone lol.

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    the way we use clashofstats for spy checking is clan history locations and how they match to the clan you are in war and where possible look for similarities in names. usually spies are 2nd 3rd base etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    the way we use clashofstats for spy checking is clan history locations and how they match to the clan you are in war and where possible look for similarities in names. usually spies are 2nd 3rd base etc..
    Yeah, it does take a little bit of time. I actually caught this spy once a while ago. I looked it up this player's history and it shown he previously joined enemy clans that warred against his main clan so worth to check it out before inviting stranger to your clan!

Just dont accept people during your wars, thats what we used to do (closed now, done recruiting). Worked well for us, then just accept them after. Unless they already moved on.
    **Im never leaving the clan. Nothing to do out there, unless if Hillary becomes president then Im moving to Canada. --Goondock Saint**

TH11Level144.Nuff said.

Centennial Club
    Looks like we have following options,,

1) Dont recruit when warring..and only open clan on sunday when we dont war..one single day a week
    2) Stop warring for a bit and recruit..not that we can, since recruiting tool is broken��
    3) Accept requests and take the risk..give new people an interrogation and then they leave if they dont feel comfortable
    4) use global to recruit..oh thats gone��
    5) use the clashofstats..which wont work i think.

So basically we are stuffed if we want to war and recruit at the same time!

So basically, a thinly veiled attempt to bypass the forum rule about multiple threads about the same topic.. global is gone, and the recruitment tool doesnt work.. Maybe the mods wont notice.

Clash of Stats has always been a decent way of tracking a players history.. But if they are determined to spy they will find a way..
    If I wanted to spy, I would join your last opposition.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    So basically, a thinly veiled attempt to bypass the forum rule about multiple threads about the same topic.. global is gone, and the recruitment tool doesnt work.. Maybe the mods wont notice.

Clash of Stats has always been a decent way of tracking a players history.. But if they are determined to spy they will find a way..
    If I wanted to spy, I would join your last opposition.
    Errr no! Im pointing out that i cant tell if people who join are spies in war,since i cant recruit in confidence! I will try clash of stats but it doesnt seem that great to me. So maybe i will ignore your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    Errr no! Im pointing out that i cant tell if people who join are spies in war,since i cant recruit in confidence! I will try clash of stats but it doesnt seem that great to me. So maybe i will ignore your ignorance.
    spies have always been part of the package with war.. There is no sure fire way of stopping them, especially if you do back to back, and wish to recruit.
    I havent ever worried too much about them.. A quick check of their roster and clan for a missing member, or a quick look on clash of stats, which I agree may carry no information if they dont have an open log..

I dont worry about what the oppo does.. If they feel the need to take a peek, they will find a way.. I wouldnt let it stop me recruiting, if that was my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    On point. The saltiness from losing global is pretty obvious in this thread.

To OP, global is not coming back, so best that you adapt to changes. Clash of Stats is an excellent tool, not perfect, but good enough for now as a preliminary filter.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    There are ways of seeing member history (last clans and how long stayed there). you can use discord bots for it or websites. if you see that this member was in enemy clan than he is a spy.

Having said that, its not 100% protection since you don't know if member who is from a completely different clan does not have a friend in your opponent clan.

From our experience since we in war most of the time we do accept during wars and hope for the best, so far this works for us.
    You just have to rely more on attack strategy and not on defense strategy.

another option for you that can eliminate spying by 100% is to use "sub clan" - recruit there and when people good enough move them to main clan.
    Actually you can connect to the api through clashofstats and disable clan history, I did it on all my accounts