Thread: DD Spammed

DD Spammed

You guys want to update the game? How about we remove rustic bouquet they are spamming the DD more than wheat bots were. No one needs these flowers so they just sit in there all day long.

The paper has what people choose to sell. They sell.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Get ready for more, as there is now a derby task producing the Rustic Bouquet.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Trainee
    Yes, people list whatís going to sell, but we know people are imperfect and actually quite dumb (including myself, except on this topic). We need protection from people. Thatís why we have insurance in real life, to protect ourselves from them and ourselves. And for speed limits. And rules pretty much anywhere... etc. All because if left alone, humans would run themselves into extinction. The paper already filters its items anyway so donít let the paper be composed of X% of the same item. There might be something in someoneís rss which isnít listed in the paper, but there really isnít time to just randomly pick an ad to see what else (if anything) each farmer has.

Itíd be great to filter the paper to only show what youíre interested in, but thatís really Tomís job (which takes diamonds) so I know filtering (which weíd welcome) isnít going to interrupt that income stream. But itís ridiculous to have a paper thatís 90% ďrustic bouquetsĒ or whatever (cloche hat, tofu dogs, pumpkins, etc).

If/when people read this post or reply to it, the Supercell team can decide to do with the idea. If nobody cares then I would understand how itíd get low on a list of features.
    KIK me @ jbindallas
    Message me through Facebook, John Sarlay
    XP for farm = 101 and Rep level for town = 32

Much of the time people will advertise the item in their stand that will not sell. This is true if they are trying to get help on their farm - boat, town, trucks. That advertisement will stay active for 3 hrs (IIRC) or until the item sells. Often, other players are looking thru the DD to find farms that are in need of help.

In the case of the Rustic Bouquet, it is often being produce by players that are trying to get the mastery on the Flower Shop. It takes the easiest resources (crops that are grown) and it takes the longest time to produce. ITR, the player is actually being smart.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Pro Member
    I can't see them ever getting rid of a product. As someone pointed out people made these to gain mastery on their machine. Personally I think I may have produced maybe 10. I buy what I need so personally I am glad to find them in the paper.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Since the update I seem to have so many more bouquets in my paper. Though a bouquet derby task could be part of the reason. I will use the bouquets for an ad when I need help since people are less likely to buy them versus if I try wheat, corn, pumpkins. That I understand but why put an ad for the bouquets when one has a ton of slots open in their shop and it appears to be the only thing in their shop. Eventually Greg or Tom will come and get that one item, so why clog the paper with them when it is problematic for players looking for anything besides the bouquets. Was it from a now fulfilled help request?

Can we play differently to help the issue? Not put ads on bouquets unless we need help or have no room in the shop? Ask neighbors to buy it for us to clear the ad, we could even buy it if they do not have room to keep it in their shop, and if we want rid of it put it back in and wait for Greg to buy it.

Feedback - ​Would SC reconsider and allow us to delete unpopular item ads for free to help unclog the paper? Bouquets especially. Would there be a way to have a more balanced paper? Since we only have a few pages of ads could it max out how many we see of the same item? Seems like it could be a complicated issue to address.
    Last edited by FairieFae; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:14 PM.
    Farm Name: Fairie Fae - Please PM for Farm Tag #

Perhaps a solution would be introducing a trash can and/or compost heap that people can use to discard items like these bouquets, instead of clogging the paper with them. Time schedules and volume limits would probably be needed. I, too, am weary of seeing them. I was not savvy enough to figure out why people were making so many!