Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To all the [choice words] in global chat...

How about coming up with a way to chat with people on your friends list ? It would certainly put more interest in the game again and if people didn't want to chat with you put an opt out of chat feature. At least that way every time you had a question about the game or wanted to talk over strategies without leaving the game you could ???

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is something we acknowledge and understand. It is something we're actively discussing at the moment.
    You wrote this a week ago. How long does this "active conversation" take?

Guy 1: well there was a bug where labels arent read correctly and it was crashing the database so the list of players was reduced from 100% to 00.01%. But we fixed the bug so should we increase the database back to 100% so the recruiting tool actually works? Its really easy and will just take a few clicks?

Guy 2: nah, everyone has only been suffering for a couple weeks. Our clashers are tough. Make them suffer another 2 months so theyll be more happy with next update when we eventually fix it.

How close is this guess to how that "active conversation" is really going?

Edit: i dont think ive ever had an "active conversation" that lasted for a week or more. Maybe make some "active choices" now.
    Last edited by GameTheory; November 1st, 2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    You wrote this a week ago. How long does this "active conversation" take?

Guy 1: well there was a bug where labels arent read correctly and it was crashing the database so the list of players was reduced from 100% to 00.01%. But we fixed the bug so should we increase the database back to 100% so the recruiting tool actually works? Its really easy and will just take a few clicks?

Guy 2: nah, everyone has only been suffering for a couple weeks. Our clashers are tough. Make them suffer another 2 months so theyll be more happy with next update when we eventually fix it.

How close is this guess to how that "active conversation" is really going?

Edit: i dont think ive ever had an "active conversation" that lasted for a week or more. Maybe make some "active choices" now.
    Darian stated that they were extremely busy with the Clash World Finals, which may I add, were hosted in Germany, so none of the team was actually working at the office. Don't forget they are also preparing for the biggest update ever.
    Work until your idols become your rivals

Thank you TerMinus!

Forum Elder
    forum folk said they “just wanted to know SC recognized the problem and were working on it and then they would stop complain8ng”. They got that confirmation and now they predictably have shifted to “I am unhappy you haven’t fixed it yet. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The other thing to consider is accountability. While the general populace in the chat channel may think, "oh that guy is just trolling..." we simply can't take that chance. Forgive the macabre subject, but simply reflect on news articles where a school shooting happened and how many of that person's peers and teachers all saw red flags and either didn't report it or reported it and the authorities didn't take it seriously.

We take it seriously, because all it takes is one ignored incident to cause a loss of life. Whether it's through bomb threats, gun threats, or threads of suicide/self-harm, we would rather take action and find out it's a false alarm rather than resulting in loss of life from inaction.

The reason why many of the threats may not have been seen personally by you is simply because we have a system that removes threats when it detects certain language or terminology. Similar to the profanity filter but much more draconian in that it immediately escalates it to the highest level for us to analyze and contact authorities.

And yes, there have been instances where we've prevented violence from occurring when we've contacted law enforcement in another country. The fact that we even stopped a single incident means it was all worth it.
    I was one of the ones that saw a threat of a school shooting, sccreened it all, reported it and sent it in.

Moreover, Clash was a platform that was named in a few articles that stated Pedophiles were using specific games/apps to groom children.
    I'm sure Supercell doesnt want to be associated with any of that.
    Last edited by ClashPlayerZ; November 1st, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    forum folk said they “just wanted to know SC recognized the problem and were working on it and then they would stop complain8ng”. They got that confirmation and now they predictably have shifted to “I am unhappy you haven’t fixed it yet. Go figure.
    Wait, people want sc to acknowledge major issues, give us a general expectation of when it will be fixed by, AND actually fix it? Thats just crazy. (Extremely sarcastic tone)

Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    Wait, people want sc to acknowledge major issues, give us a general expectation of when it will be fixed by, AND actually fix it? Thats just crazy. (Extremely sarcastic tone)
    Wait, things aren't as easy as I think they are? that's just crazy. (Extremely sarcastic tone)

I recruited my entire lvl 16 clan (280w, 95l) #J880LUGC from global. Yes, it was toxic but you always have a choice to mute or switch globals. Why let some toxic players destroy the game for others? I post daily here and in discord recruitment. It has very low success rate. Iíve given the recruiting tool a chance but it is, frankly, useless. You cant determine language. Folks are not taking their labeling seriously or have not self identified at all. Th12s are newbies? Folks that are clanless....useful that you waste our time having to look....have full inboxes. #bringbackglobal and allow us to us the mute button for offensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvarnsen View Post
    I recruited my entire lvl 16 clan (280w, 95l) #J880LUGC from global. Yes, it was toxic but you always have a choice to mute or switch globals. Why let some toxic players destroy the game for others? I post daily here and in discord recruitment. It has very low success rate. I’ve given the recruiting tool a chance but it is, frankly, useless. You cant determine language. Folks are not taking their labeling seriously or have not self identified at all. Th12s are newbies? Folks that are clanless....useful that you waste our time having to look....have full inboxes. #bringbackglobal and allow us to us the mute button for offensive players.
    Once again, the trolls weren't the only reason the global got removed. Several other issues were more important about that. Legal issues, for example. You might want to read up on the reasons it got removed first, before posting something like a silly hashtag.
    So no, global won't come back.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; November 3rd, 2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvarnsen View Post
    I recruited my entire lvl 16 clan (280w, 95l) #J880LUGC from global. Yes, it was toxic but you always have a choice to mute or switch globals. Why let some toxic players destroy the game for others? I post daily here and in discord recruitment. It has very low success rate. I’ve given the recruiting tool a chance but it is, frankly, useless. You cant determine language. Folks are not taking their labeling seriously or have not self identified at all. Th12s are newbies? Folks that are clanless....useful that you waste our time having to look....have full inboxes. #bringbackglobal and allow us to us the mute button for offensive players.
    We already could mute offensive people in global and being offended wasn't why they removed it. See the posts from Darian for more explanation.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.