Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To all the [choice words] in global chat...

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Are you happy now? Everyone is saying this is the worst update in a long time, and Iím starting to agree. My old clan died at the wrong time . Itís so hard to find a clan now, and itís boring unless youíre in one. And thatís assuming that clan actually chats, which seems to be dwindling too!

We have but one group to blame: those who abused the global chat. Thinking itís funny to insult people in an extremely personal way in front of a good chunk of people is NOT good. I understand SCís actions completely, but I do not like what it had to come to.

Lesson learned: If you abuse the privilege you lose the privilege. So I repeat. Those who were being stupid on the global chat. Are you happy now? Youíve nearly singlehandedly destroyed a once-healthy and happy community. Thanks for nothing.
    I agree they shouldn't have been toxic in the first place. They spread the toxicity which eventually became worse and we lost global.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    Maybe search here for a clan or on reddit or on discord. I don't know why so many players liked the global chat for recruiting. I tried it a few times when I was new to the game and found only noob clans that were inactive and full of annoying kids.
    I've been recommending the same for days now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is NOT the group you are complaining about who caused the closure. It was the much more serious ones who made posts requiring contact with law enforcement agencies that caused it.

If it had just been the swearing and insults, global would still be there.
    Even though that might be true, all the people who were being toxic on global stood as a support and encouragement in a way to those who did those said threats.

I’m seriously thinking of switching to a Clash of Clans knock off game if they have a better recruiting system. The new system is awful! It’s impossible to recruit anyone because all of the members shown have a full inbox. Supercell should bring global back to the game as well as keep the new recruiting tool in the game. Give players choices. Right now it seems the only choice we have is to follow their lead and dump something that’s broken. They dumped global because it was broken, so it might be time to dump SuperCell because it’s broken. By the way, I have been playing since early 2015. I have 6 accts. One totally maxed TH12, one 95% TH12, one very strong TH12, one strong TH11, TH9 and TH7. I am the leader of a level 17 clan and a level 4 clan. Obviously I invest a ton of my time in the game and I can’t see myself investing time in this game for much longer unless we have a way to grow our clans. Supercell step up to the plate! You are running short on time. Thank you for your time...
    Last edited by shanebowl300; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:16 AM.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebowl300 View Post
    I’m seriously thinking of switching to a Clash of Clans knock off game if they have a better recruiting system. The new system is awful! It’s impossible to recruit anyone because all of the members shown have a full inbox. Supercell should bring global back to the game as well as keep the new recruiting tool in the game. Give players choices. Right now it seems the only choice we have is to follow their lead and dump something that’s broken. They dumped global because it was broken, so it might be time to dump SuperCell because it’s broken. By the way, I have been playing since early 2015. I have 6 accts. One totally maxed TH12, one 95% TH12, one very strong TH12, one strong TH11, TH9 and TH7. I am the leader of a level 17 clan and a level 4 clan. Obviously I invest a ton of my time in the game and I can’t see myself investing time in this game for much longer unless we have a way to grow our clans. Supercell step up to the plate! You are running short on time. Thank you for your time...
    We're all upset about the current recruitment system not working but it's a good concept and adding both global and the recruitment tool won't help as the toxicity would just continue and Supercell would only have to pay more money to police it (not to mention the threats). They should and most probably will fix the recruitment tool but by no ways is Supercell or Clash of Clans broken. You are right about the part that Supercell has to step up to their plate soon but we've all got to give them some time.

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I did read Darian's explanation and can understand that this is a serious problem. However I still find it hard to grasp that this was such a massive issue. I have been on global daily (changed languages as well) and not once have I witnessed anything that serious (Darian mentioned bomb threats etc.). Insults yes, rude people yes, but something that made me think someone should call the police about this never. I am aware of how global used to work and how many players there are but if it was such a wide spread problem, I must count myself extremly lucky to never have experienced any of this.
    Iím with you. I was on multiple globals at multiple times on multiple accounts every single day for almost 7 years and not once, NOT A SINGLE TIME, did I see anything as serious as darian explained, ever! And being the parent of a couple of teenagers, not to mention a normal well adjusted compassionate human being, I think it would be something Iíd remember.

This just sounds so fishy, like they donít want to tell us the real reason. Oh well
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 715 fair play wins and counting...

There is " toxicity" in most games you play , doesn't mean you have to sit there and listen to it, there is always the option to click out of any global. One click away and you wouldn't have to deal with anything that you didn't want to participate in. I have played the game for 6 years and also pretty much a daily reader on global and have yet to see anything worth closing the whole thing down over. BUT here we are now, and the recruiting system is really a huge let down. This coming up clan games, no way for me to recruit enough members to get a decent prize. Usually I go onto global and just grab a bunch of players willing to participate and let it fly. Now I have tried recruiting for the last day and a half, not one person is interested, half the people their inbox was full, part were already in clans, and the handful I was able to send recruit invites to were no response.

I know at least one game that still has a global chat. I understand why supercell most likely a much larger (and more liable?) company had to make the change they did. That game also has direct messaging though. Thats a real issue with this. There is literally no way to comunicate with anyone not in your clan anymore. The fact that I can't convince anyone that we are a fun and sociable clan...
    Last edited by Wachichi; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:39 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I did read Darian's explanation and can understand that this is a serious problem. However I still find it hard to grasp that this was such a massive issue. I have been on global daily (changed languages as well) and not once have I witnessed anything that serious (Darian mentioned bomb threats etc.). Insults yes, rude people yes, but something that made me think someone should call the police about this never. I am aware of how global used to work and how many players there are but if it was such a wide spread problem, I must count myself extremly lucky to never have experienced any of this.
    It wasn't widespread, but it didn't need to be. If it were one player in 10,000 causing that sort of issue, that would still be double figures per day. I would guess it was more than that - but way less than 1 in 10,000 messages, which is why many won't have seen it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It wasn't widespread, but it didn't need to be. If it were one player in 10,000 causing that sort of issue, that would still be double figures per day. I would guess it was more than that - but way less than 1 in 10,000 messages, which is why many won't have seen it.
    The other thing to consider is accountability. While the general populace in the chat channel may think, "oh that guy is just trolling..." we simply can't take that chance. Forgive the macabre subject, but simply reflect on news articles where a school shooting happened and how many of that person's peers and teachers all saw red flags and either didn't report it or reported it and the authorities didn't take it seriously.

We take it seriously, because all it takes is one ignored incident to cause a loss of life. Whether it's through bomb threats, gun threats, or threads of suicide/self-harm, we would rather take action and find out it's a false alarm rather than resulting in loss of life from inaction.

The reason why many of the threats may not have been seen personally by you is simply because we have a system that removes threats when it detects certain language or terminology. Similar to the profanity filter but much more draconian in that it immediately escalates it to the highest level for us to analyze and contact authorities.

And yes, there have been instances where we've prevented violence from occurring when we've contacted law enforcement in another country. The fact that we even stopped a single incident means it was all worth it.
    AKA Tank Puppy

ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The other thing to consider is accountability. While the general populace in the chat channel may think, "oh that guy is just trolling..." we simply can't take that chance. Forgive the macabre subject, but simply reflect on news articles where a school shooting happened and how many of that person's peers and teachers all saw red flags and either didn't report it or reported it and the authorities didn't take it seriously.

We take it seriously, because all it takes is one ignored incident to cause a loss of life. Whether it's through bomb threats, gun threats, or threads of suicide/self-harm, we would rather take action and find out it's a false alarm rather than resulting in loss of life from inaction.

The reason why many of the threats may not have been seen personally by you is simply because we have a system that removes threats when it detects certain language or terminology. Similar to the profanity filter but much more draconian in that it immediately escalates it to the highest level for us to analyze and contact authorities.

And yes, there have been instances where we've prevented violence from occurring when we've contacted law enforcement in another country. The fact that we even stopped a single incident means it was all worth it.
    Getting rid of global doesnít stop the criminal, like at all. All it does is make it harder to detect them and find them to stop them. Youíre literally making the world more dangerous, the antithesis of what you wanted to accomplish. Listen I couldnít care if global existed or not because I never use it, but the truth is every single large game that has a chat has the problems SC is facing and they donít close down. Itís incredibly naive to think scamming, toxic behavior, and other things that require legal attention only happens in CoC, thatís just absurd. Why is it that they have the capacity to handle this and not SC? Again I donít care about global, but this solution doesnít really make sense in some areas when you start thinking about it (but to SCís credit it does work in some areas).
    Last edited by GodlyMortal; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

Darian, I don't doubt the seriousness and the gravity of this situation, however whilst precipitating the removal of global there was not a satisfactory replacement offered for recruitment. This is where the numerous calls for it's return are being driven from.
    As you well know most players offered for recruitment are already in clans with fairly senior positions and now their inbox full. Players of a lower TH level are offered for Clan games or CWL than can actually take part.

Global is gone and won't come back, what we as players most need to hear about is how and when the recruitment tool will be repaired and what improvements can be envisaged.